Could use some more stuns in this game

DarkPharohEclip

Anyone think there is too many stuns in this game or should we have more? Just curious to know what the devs have planned for the future , any changes to the stuns?
Stun'tastic StunWars. i love having enough time to drink my mtn dew while Stun Locked :D

I love these stuns! And I love the Resolve system.

Because I find it incredibly awesome that through the Resolve system, if we get stunned too much, we can become immune to stuns and thus go on our way. So when I get caught by a few Imps and stunned to death in rapid succession, so fast I can't respond, can't break the stuns, and can't do anything, even heal myself, before they've slashed me to death, I really take heart and thank my lucky stars that the Resolve bar is there.

Without it, I might have, you know, been stunlocked until I died, or something.

Awesome part is that once I'm dead, well now my awesome Resolve bar is back to zero. So I can run back into the warzone and be stunlocked to death all over again before the Resolve bar kicks in! Yeah! Awesome!

Oh, be quiet, OP. It's not half as bad as WoW, at least by the time I left it in mid-WOTLK (tried out Cata, but didn't pvp much). There, you could catch 6-second stuns, and waaaaaaaaaaay worse burst damage (not as bad AoE as lolsmash though).

But, what was even more inconvenient, all CC was on separate diminishing returns, meaning you could get stunned, feared, polymorphed, dazed, etc in a succession.

On the other hand, I do agree that stun, as it is implemented in ToR, is a rather poor PvP mechanic. Now then, if more defensive cooldowns could be used from under stuns, and/or the stun broke after you take damage equal to %% of your HP pool, then it would be so much better.

Resolve breaking active CC when it activates (naturally would take some adjustments to the speed of resolve generation) would, hopefully, prevent mindless CC spam.

Edited by Helig

But, what was even more inconvenient, all CC was on separate diminishing returns, meaning you could get stunned, feared, polymorphed, dazed, etc in a succession.

you're calling this "worse" why? the dr on each abil is a lot more stun the first time, but it completely wastes "stun resources." it does, however, give you the option of "selling out" with your cc for a particular moment. <-- that's a more strategic use of stuns than swtor...by a mile.

I've played wow, but wotlk was my most recent sustained pvp as well. using that as a benchmark, I would much prefer that to the current state of resolve. DR on individual "spells" makes individual players responsible for their own choices. there are virtually no repercussions for spamming cc in swtor - especially since 1.4. I don't think that's even debatable. you may prefer it to wow, but the absence of repercussions and, thus, responsibility...I really don't see how that's debatable.

Edited by foxmob

you're calling this "worse" why? the dr on each abil is a lot more stun the first time, but it completely wastes "stun resources." it does, however, give you the option of "selling out" with your cc for a particular moment. <-- that's a more strategic use of stuns than swtor...by a mile.

I've played wow, but wotlk was my most recent sustained pvp as well. using that as a benchmark, I would much prefer that to the current state of resolve. DR on individual "spells" makes individual players responsible for their own choices. there are virtually no repercussions for spamming cc in swtor - especially since 1.4. I don't think that's even debatable. you may prefer it to wow, but the absence of repercussions and, thus, responsibility...I really don't see how that's debatable.

More strategic, yes. More potential for chain lockdown - definitely yes. One of the reasons FOTM Arena setups are (were, back when I was playing), so powerful due to no small part of varying DRs of CC.

But, as I said, I'd rather have stuns break after the target receives x% max HP damage.

Yay! I'm all for it!

How about they introduce a mechanic that lets you put a barrier around yourself, sort of a bubble, which negates all damage - and then stuns the damage-doer when it finally bursts!

Better yet - why not allow the person who can create this 'bubble' to be able to give one to all his teamtates.

And here's the clincher - let them be able to burst this 'bubble' with a click of the mouse whenever they want.

'Course, having so many 'bubbles' would mean that resolve would be pretty useless as everyone would be stunned all the time. So make it not hardly fill the resolve bar AT ALL!

It's win on top of win, I tell ye.

Yay! I'm all for it!

How about they introduce a mechanic that lets you put a barrier around yourself, sort of a bubble, which negates all damage - and then stuns the damage-doer when it finally bursts!

Better yet - why not allow the person who can create this 'bubble' to be able to give one to all his teamtates.

And here's the clincher - let them be able to burst this 'bubble' with a click of the mouse whenever they want.

'Course, having so many 'bubbles' would mean that resolve would be pretty useless as everyone would be stunned all the time. So make it not hardly fill the resolve bar AT ALL!

It's win on top of win, I tell ye.

Then have Veng Juggs force leap, pop the bubble, and not get stunned! Then we look at a dead sorc! Woooo go team!

Edited by Luckeyduckey

I've been saying this for a year...we need more CCs!!!

We should get rewards like stun guns, grappling guns and trip wires, that all bypass resolve from events we do or PvP comms we acquire. I want the new accomplishment system to show how much time I've spent CC'd in PvP.

Nothing is more fun in PvP than having absolutely no control over your character...makes me lol every time. In mumble, we all laugh when we get stunned/CCd while someone caps or 3 guys pummel us to death while we sit there with absolutely no option but to die. Many good times have been had by all while CC'd, and we've never ever been frustrated by the system.

The resolve system is the biggest load of crap i've ever seen, it was bad before they changed it but far far worse now.

Resolve brings tears and QQ, therefore working as intended. Some times I wonder about the trolls in the forums, and whether they work for bioware or not. If they do, damn they trolled us good with resolve.

Here a stun there a stun everywhere a stun stun!

Tbh , I hardly notice resolve working at all because I'm stunned left and right flashbanged , pulled here, or thrown there. That's what alot of fights consist of and it is a blast I tell ya.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

I'm glad you made this thread this is defiantly something that needs to be looked at, more CC would be a very welcome change. I would defiantly like to see more stuns especially Rage Marauders. Rage Marauders are so under powered compared to other classes I think if they gave us more CC it would help bring us up to par with other classes.

Theres a few changes I would like to see for Marauders

Add a stun component to Smash

Remove the 5 person limit on Smash

Make it so intimidating roar doesn't break from damage

Remove the cooldown on Force Crush

Remove the 4 stack limit on shockwave and increase the limit to 8 which would allow smash to do 200% damage instead of 100%

I think these changes would help make a Rage Marauder more playable, because as it stands we are grossly underpowered.

Wow's CCs have nothing on this game and Wow has more ways to counter/break the ones it has. The only game that was close to this one was supposedly WAR before they fixed it. Wow's cc used to be nasty for a couple classes like rogues and mages and warlocks but all were toned way down. This game has so many classes with multiple stuns, mezzes, aoe stun/mezzes, pushes, pulls... All on short cds. Whoever designed this should be forced to play it against good premades over and over. Edited by WaywardOne

I'm glad you made this thread this is defiantly something that needs to be looked at, more CC would be a very welcome change. I would defiantly like to see more stuns especially Rage Marauders. Rage Marauders are so under powered compared to other classes I think if they gave us more CC it would help bring us up to par with other classes.

Theres a few changes I would like to see for Marauders

Add a stun component to Smash

Remove the 5 person limit on Smash

Make it so intimidating roar doesn't break from damage

Remove the cooldown on Force Crush

Remove the 4 stack limit on shockwave and increase the limit to 8 which would allow smash to do 200% damage instead of 100%

I think these changes would help make a Rage Marauder more playable, because as it stands we are grossly underpowered.

I agree, add more stuns to mara and then take away all of the operative stuns... My main toon I play is an OP by the way. Or just give everyone an arsenal of stuns. Like 5-6 at least

Wrong. Presence boosts the stats of crappy undergearered players that we are forced to group with when we solo queue.

Well, I'm definately not undergeared. EWH with Mod upgrades I min max my toon.. I don't need to waste slots on presence.

The Game Needs Moar stuns!!

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

Wrong. Presence boosts the stats of crappy undergearered players that we are forced to group with when we solo queue.

We should adopt them as pets, since we can't take our better geared ones in with us.

"I'll take the 12,300 buffed Sent., and shall call him Greenie. Is that you?! Yes it is you good boy!" ::scratch scratch::

Edited by Joesixxpack

Well, I'm definately not undergeared. EWH with Mod upgrades I min max my toon.. I don't need to waste slots on presence.

The Game Needs Moar stuns!!

Yes but your being selfish by only boosting your stats. You should be stacking presence to help out the people that don't have the time to goto the pvp terminal to pick up recruit gear cause they are licking their flavored lightsabers.