Best DPS Spec & Class for Solo Ranked?

PaulieGa

So... given the changes in patch 4.0.3 what does everyone think the best DPS class will be in solo ranked and why?

Despite incoming posts about juggs, I would say the same as before 4.0.3.

Sorc madness or corruprion is BiS :D

Hatred sin is still deadly in right hands

And AP PT will still have juicy burst, not asking for nerf more though.

Why? Because well designed specs for arenas won't became bad after few nerfs, it requires rebuilding the whole spec (as BW did with AP and Pyro in 3.0).

Edited by DerSchneider

So... given the changes in patch 4.0.3 what does everyone think the best DPS class will be in solo ranked and why?

I think this nerf to dps burst will make them all about the same as they were prior to the patch.

Merc dps are still going to die just as easily as they did before this nerf patch, so it won't matter that their burst was not nerfed as other classes were.

Mercs still lack any way to deal with focus fire by multiple enemies, and if they are easily stifled by multiple enemies attacking at once, then it's a moot point that they were not nerfed in burst damage as other classes were.

So, in a nutshell I don't think the order of dps effectiveness is going to change. I think the classes that enjoy the most mobility and easiest delivery of doing damage will still be the most effective dps in solo ranked.

I think PTs, sins, ops, marauders then juggs will still be favored. Mercs and snipers will get crushed in solo ranked as usual.

If no major changes come to Sorc heals, that's going to be the easiest path to a high rating in solo ranked. You only have to be better than the healer across from you and your going to win a lot.

In the all DPS setting, Sorcs, Assassins, Operatives, Juggernauts will perform well. Powertechs, even though there burst is insane right now, I still think lack the survivability of the above to be reliable for solo ranked. Good players will flourish, average players ratings will reflect with PTs. Same for Maras. I'm not sure how snipers are going to fair, but i'd imagine simular to previous seasons in solo ranked. There's just no way for them to break combat and reset. Mercs, I think are in the same boat as before. Survivabiltity has minimally improved.

So your safest bet is going to be PT tank or Sorc heals, same as the previous season. If you're better than the tank or healer across from you, you'll win a majority of your matches and allow for a higher rating with less luck required.

Madness,all the way. You place so much pressure on the Enemy H,he'll collapse at some point. Not even a skilled Roaming-Mind Spammer will keep up (especially,if you have a Burst-Class as your 2nd DPS).

Burst Spec's are completly off in Yolo , since there's only Sorc-H around ...and they can easily overheal your dmg ^^.

Elite: PT Tank, Sorc Healer

Good: Fury Mara, Concealment Op, Sin, Madness Sorc

Decent: AP PT, Sniper

Meh: Jugg, Carnage / Annihilation Mara

Nope: Merc

I actually did better on my Fury Mara last season than I did on my Madness Sorc. AP PT of course has that awesome burst, but to do well, you have to be good at surviving long enough to dish out some pain before you die. I have a hunch that snipers will actually be better in the upcoming season than they have been. I think that Fury mara, Concealmet, either dps spec Sin, Madness Sorc are still going to be just as viable as they have been. I'd say pick whichever you are best at (except Jugg, Merc) and go with it. I really don't see any way to make Jugg or Merc work well in solo ranked. Mercs get globaled. Juggs get kited and slowly killed.

For me, I seem to be better at Fury Mara than anything else. Kite and H2F never really was my thing. I'm more aggressive in my play-style.

Edited by teclado

Best DPS class?

Healing sorc! Hands down!

Then it comes down to who survies through overtime the best!

LoL... This is true... I can do higher DPS burst crits on a Sorc healer than on a Lighting Sorc... But then I can do higher crit heals on my lightning Sorc than I can DPS on it ...

Still think the mix will be 1 PT tank, 2 PT dps, 1 Sorc heal

Another poster asking where the easy win button is.

Yawn.

Ya, I can't believe he didn't just play a Merc and actively handicap himself :rolleyes:

Part of ranked is being competitive. I wouldn't participate in PvE gear, I wouldn't spam basic attacks, and I wouldn't choose a weak class.

let me rephrase

Another poster asking where the create sith inquisitor and pick sorcerer as advanced class easy win button is. :jawa_tongue:

Heal Sorcs and Madness Sorcs should just be reclassified as roll classes

Roll a Sorc

Roll your face across the keyboard

Face roll the opposition if they have no Sorcs

Reroll a Sorc if you don't have one

= you've fulfilled your role in PVP as being the easiest roll class in the game