Why is Operation gear auto assigned???

Cleared 5/5 Normal Eternity Vault, half our raid got all the drops and the other half got nothing, all the loot was assigned to players already and Master Loot doesn't work on the assigned items. Please explain the logic or lack thereof of auto-assign.

As a guild leader of a guild that plans to start doing Operations in the near future, I am also interested in this.

Would be really great if the Devs released some specific information explaining how Operation loot drops work in the varying modes of difficulty. I know there were some discussions on this before during the beta, but I haven't really been able to find anything 'official' that describes the loot process in Operations.

Thanks in advance Devs, I think a lot of people would really appreciate this information.

Normal mode was designed for PUGs (i.e. WoW's LFR difficulty). Established groups are expected to start on Hard mode (which has a separate lockout).

Regardless of what this level of difficulty was designed for, the loot system clearly is not adequate, even if it is supposedly 'working as intended'.

Again, it would be nice for BW Devs to clearly define the loot systems in place today for end-game operations so there is no more confusion or ambiguity on how it should or should not be working. Or if there are bugs/issues with the loot systems in the normal modes, tell us that too and give us an idea of when we will see a resolution.

Our first guild run in EV last night and we had the same problem with auto assigned loot that is BoP, and to loot the gear the raid leader had to pass raid leader to each individual so that they could loot their gear and tokens

Also what gives with 4 different vendors for the raid gear, last night I was auto assigned Unassembled Columi Wargrade Tech Greaves.

So after finally finding the right Columi vendor I tried to choose the correct leggings for a gunnery commando, but thanks to not being able to read the set bonus until after I purchased the greaves I choose the leggings for a dps Vanguard.

I love this game, reminds me of vanilla WoW at it's finest but there is butt load polishing to be done.