(Free For All) FFA-PVP Servers

Casaad

Sorry I'm posting this again. The previous thread was deleted because it was labeled as a "petition". So, this IS NOT a petition. It's a discussion of what you all think about having FFA-PVP servers, and if so, how would you like to see them implemented.

Here's my definition of a FFA-PVP server:

Anyone can attack anyone, anytime, almost anywhere, even if they are members of your faction, group, or guild. However, rules to protect grouped/guilded members are an option. There could be a few safe zones where both sides can intermingle without fear of being attacked, just to allow some smack talk, and socializing, for fun.

Why have FFA-PVP servers:

Some of the best times I've ever had in an MMO were when the entire world was FFA-PVP. I don't know how complicated this would be for Bioware, but they could try it on a few servers to start with (1, 2, or 3 servers). Only those who want FFA-PVP would go there. Those who don't like it, won't. I think you'll find these FFA-PVP servers very popular, and if so, BW could always open more.

One of the best perks about FFA-PVP servers is that, respect gets EARNED, and quickly. People who act immature, or outright rude, will often find themselves calling the med-probe to be revived. And those who like to just grief other members of their faction, instead of working with them to fight the opposite faction, quickly build up a reputation that makes them KOS (Kill On Sight) by members of their own faction. KOS is a VERY popular term in MMOs with FFA-PVP. For many, FFA-PVP creates one of the most dynamic gaming experiencing because of this "reputation" dynamic. I'd love to see it. If there are others of you out there who feel the same, please let us know what you think.

For those of you who wouldn't want to play on a FFA-PVP server, that's fine. You don't have to. But there are many of us who would love this as an option.

And, this is hardly an unreasonable idea, especially given the fact that Bioware is allowing FFA-PVP in the game already:

"Outlaw’s Den is an open world, non-instanced, free-for-all PvP area found on Tatooine."

Read more about it HERE.

This is just food for thought, Bioware. If you decide against FFA-PVP servers, I'm sure we'll find plenty of enjoyment on the regular PVP servers. Either way, thanks for making a great game!

Edited by Casaad