Best class(es) to go from LVL 1-75?

phendric

Hi all,

I'm a returning player; when the game first came out, I played Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, and Inquisitor through the end of their story lines. When Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan came out, I played through them with a single character. I haven't really played the game since then (early 2015?).

I started playing again about a month ago...and the double XP event started not long after (yay!). I've since played through the class quest lines for 4 of the 5 remaining classes and am currently working on my last class (Jedi Consular). Cool story lines, though some of them skirt the boundaries of belief (a single non force user shouldn't be able to take out a member of the Jedi council / Dark council, like, ever).

Anyhow, I'm wondering how best to move forward once done with class stories. In particular:

1. Is there a recommended class (or classes) to go from 1 to 75?
  2. After Corellia, do Republic or Empire really matter (ie, do I need 1 char for each)?
  3. To what extent do decisions I made for any of the class story lines matter later in the game? Are certain classes "better" than others if I want late game impact for those decisions?
  4. Relative value of replaying class stories I last played 5+ years ago vs. moving onto KoFE, KoET, & Onslaught?

Thanks.

I'm a returning player

Welcome back!

Anyhow, I'm wondering how best to move forward once done with class stories. In particular:

1. Is there a recommended class (or classes) to go from 1 to 75?

One or more of:

• The one you enjoy playing.
  • All of them.
  • Get one of those weird dice people use to play paper RPGs and use it to choose.
  • None of the above.

Yes, I know that's not very helpful, but the question is essentially meaningless. There is no way to consistently recommend a specific class or even a group of specific classes. All of them offer *something* unique to them.

2. After Corellia, do Republic or Empire really matter (ie, do I need 1 char for each)?

Ilum and Makeb (Rise of the Hutt Cartel) have different stories per faction, and the Makeb stories are *very* different.

Shadow of Revan has a small per-class segment.

After the "Traitor Arc" stories that follow Knights of the Eternal Throne which follows Knights of the Fallen Empire, the story seems to be dividing on a per-faction basis.

3. To what extent do decisions I made for any of the class story lines matter later in the game? Are certain classes "better" than others if I want late game impact for those decisions?

Second question: no. There are mentions of various things, but that's about the limit of it. Decisions *during* KotFE will have more impact than anything you do beforehand.

4. Relative value of replaying class stories I last played 5+ years ago vs. moving onto KoFE, KoET, & Onslaught?

That's a hopelessly subjective question, so I shall leave it alone.

The problem with this kind of question in general is that in essence you have asked us to tell you what you like to do, which is essentially futile.

Welcome back!

One or more of:

• The one you enjoy playing.
  • All of them.
  • Get one of those weird dice people use to play paper RPGs and use it to choose.
  • None of the above.

Yes, I know that's not very helpful, but the question is essentially meaningless. There is no way to consistently recommend a specific class or even a group of specific classes. All of them offer *something* unique to them.

Great; I figure Bioware would aim to create an enjoyable experience across all of the classes, but didn't know how well they achieved that goal. Sounds like there aren't any major gotchas I need to be aware of.

The problem with this kind of question in general is that in essence you have asked us to tell you what you like to do, which is essentially futile.

Good point, and accurate.

Given the length of time that has gone by since I played the initial classes, I'll probably take advantage of the extended double XP event and do a couple of "completionist" runs through all expansions - 1 for each faction.

Great; I figure Bioware would aim to create an enjoyable experience across all of the classes, but didn't know how well they achieved that goal. Sounds like there aren't any major gotchas I need to be aware of.

there are a couple oohs and ahhs that you will come across in flashpoints ;)