The Sith Code: (Contains Small Spoilers for Korriban Intro Arc)

Aresnar

Was anyone else a bit disconcerted when Darth Baras asked our SW Char to recite the Sith Code and it's application in War and Politics and the best we could do was go "Ah...um...I was ill that day in Sith School?"

Seriously I was RP'ing my char as a Noble Born Sith who had been to the best schools and received training/instruction from his family (You know the Priveledged Son of a Sith) and your telling me the guy can't recite the Sith Code? Which is practically one of the first things one is taught?

Not being able to explain it in the context of War and Politics would have been slightly understandable (Still makes our guy look unintelligent or at least uneducated) but not knowing the Sith Code at all?

How does that make sense for a Noble Born Sith who has been raised in the Dark side all his life?

Please note: I am right now heavily involved in the rest of the SW story which is fantastic. This is just perhaps the first thing that didn't strike me as right in the SW storyline so I thought I'd nick pick and ask for the rest of tge SW thoughts? and perhaps possibly get the minor miracle of a Dev/Writer comment ;)

Was anyone else a bit disconcerted when Darth Baras asked our SW Char to recite the Sith Code and it's application in War and Politics and the best we could do was go "Ah...um...I was ill that day in Sith School?"

Seriously I was RP'ing my char as a Noble Born Sith who had been to the best schools and received training/instruction from his family (You know the Priveledged Son of a Sith) and your telling me the guy can't recite the Sith Code? Which is practically one of the first things one is taught?

Not being able to explain it in the context of War and Politics would have been slightly understandable (Still makes our guy look unintelligent or at least uneducated) but not knowing the Sith Code at all?

How does that make sense for a Noble Born Sith who has been raised in the Dark side all his life?

Please note: I am right now heavily involved in the rest of the SW story which is fantastic. This is just perhaps the first thing that didn't strike me as right in the SW storyline so I thought I'd nick pick and ask for the rest of tge SW thoughts? and perhaps possibly get the minor miracle of a Dev/Writer comment ;)

yeah i thought the same thing hell i would think any sith acyolyte would have to be taught the sith code before you are even able to take part in the sith trials but it does make sense from other point of view. Overseet trmel think that was his name put you through your trials earlier than expected before you could even finish your tranning. So you can assume because of that you were never able to learn the sith code just combat tranning.

Edited by Zaxem

yeah i thought the same thing hell i would think any sith acyolyte would have to be taught the sith code before you are even able to take part in the sith trials but it does make sense from other point of view. Overseet trmel think that was his name put you through your trials earlier than expected before you could even finish your tranning. So you can assume because of that you were never able to learn the sith code just combat tranning.

hmm I know Instructor Tremel brought you early but how early ? Sith Code seemed basic to me.

To be honest this makes more sense for the Sith Inquisitor Story line. A slave who developed force powers and learnt how to toss lightning around but had no one to teach them the Sith Code.

Now I could be wrong, but I thought the Sith Warrior was basically born and raised in a Sith family, and No One ever mentioned the Sith Code to him / her?

hmm I know Instructor Tremel brought you early but how early ? Sith Code seemed basic to me.

To be honest this makes more sense for the Sith Inquisitor Story line. A slave who developed force powers and learnt how to toss lightning around but had no one to teach them the Sith Code.

Now I could be wrong, but I thought the Sith Warrior was basically born and raised in a Sith family, and No One ever mentioned the Sith Code to him / her?

true but it's the only explanation i could think of that would make sense for the sith warrior story line

Because there's a difference between being a dark side user and being a Sith. Tremel's objective was to push you through the Academy as quickly as possible so you could get into a position to kill off a star pupil of his rival that he considered unfit to be Sith. Thus, you were never taught the Sith Code or the philosophy behind it until Baras himself decided you were worthy to become Sith, which he did by using your fight with Tremel as a test.

The Sith Code is considered sacred and only to be heard by those who the instructors feel are ready to be Sith. Granted a lot of Sith have fun quoting it to use as reminders or taunts, but still, it's not meant to be known by every guy off the street who thinks he's worth something. For example, in the US Army anyone who is not a Ranger but is heard quoting the Ranger's Creed and Ranger sayings are not only looked down upon, but it's very likely the real Rangers will whup your tail if they hear you doing it.

In the SI story line you learn it under similar circumstances. A Sith hermit makes you, a former slave, fight failed and weaker acolytes before telling you the Sith Code. Likewise, he informs you that if any of the acolytes had killed you they would have taken you place. Zash sets this up for you because she thinks your super special, as opposed to your overseer who tried to set you up for every accident he could think of.

The Jedi use their own Code as teachings for anyone who wants to learn. But knowing the Sith Code and being allowed to recite it is a sign of power among the Sith and the Empire.

Edited by Malles

I found it funny to try and bluff, though.

The light side, and the dark side, and the stuff in the middle. Sounds more like an oreo than the sith code, but hey, maybe baras would like oreoes better than the sith code.

I tired to bluff him too. Loved the outcome! However it does seem odd to me you don't know it as well but maybe that is the point. They don't let you in on certain things until you get to the academy even though it's a basic thing. However if you had been born with a powerful family I doubt you wouldn't know it.