Questions Alacrity Madness Sorcerer

Salphidor

Hi!

I'm sorry, if this was discussed before, but I can't seem to find the answer neither here on the forums, nor on Google.

I'm playing a Madness Sorcerer and my gear is at 258. I would like to optimize it, but I ran into several problems.

Smarty's table gave me 1859 for Alacrity. That I could reach exactly, if I take out the Accuracy out of the hands and feet, and fill it up with Augments. But in several posts I read that because of the rounding the next GCD tier is at 1860, so taking the Accuracy out of the gear won't do me any good, if that number is correct.

I currently have the Accuracy in the gear, which gives me a rating of 110.1 % (with stim), letting me put my Alacrity at either 1848 or 1892. Both numbers are nowhere close where I want them, but if switching the Accuracy Enhancements bring me to 1859, I don't really see why I should do that, if I need 1860.

So my question really is, does it have to be 1860 or is 1859 the magic number for the lower GCD?

My second question is about the DoT ticks. Are there any numbers out there telling me the steps for the number of ticks my DoTs do depending on the Alacrity?

My third question is, did anyone try it with the lower GCD at 700 and something, stacking up crit and mastery instead and is that a really bad idea? :)

1) The breakpoint for tier 2 alacrity is 1857. With 258 gear we can reach 1859 which is just 2 points over the breakpoint. You don't need to remove accuracy from your gear to get there, alacrity comes naturally in these DPS pieces: head, offhand and then 2 Quick Savant implants and Quick Savant earpiece and then you add 6 240 alacrity augments (or 4 240 augments and 2 236 augments for 1857 alacrity, if you want to save some money).

You would only need to take out accuracy enhancements if you were going for 735 accuracy setup (5 240 augments + stim) instead of 746 (2 258 enhancements + stim). In my opinion, it's not really worth it, the difference is minimal and you even put yourself at risk of missing, as you will be running 109.99% accuracy. I know, it's a small chance but while parsing I have missed Ambush on Marksman sniper, Rail Shot on Arsenal Merc and Force Lightning tick on Madness sorc, I don't want it to happen in real fights for just 11 points of extra Critical Rating.

2) The number of ticks doesn't change with Alacrity, only the speed of ticking changes (becomes faster).

3) Tier 1 alacrity (702+) works fine but it will generally have a bit lower DPS than Tier 2 alacrity build.

Edited by Equeliber

1) The breakpoint for tier 2 alacrity is 1857. With 258 gear we can reach 1859 which is just 2 points over the breakpoint. You don't need to remove accuracy from your gear to get there, alacrity comes naturally in these DPS pieces: head, offhand and then 2 Quick Savant implants and Quick Savant earpiece and then you add 6 240 alacrity augments (or 4 240 augments and 2 236 augments for 1857 alacrity, if you want to save some money).

You would only need to take out accuracy enhancements if you were going for 735 accuracy setup (5 240 augments + stim) instead of 746 (2 258 enhancements + stim). In my opinion, it's not really worth it, the difference is minimal and you even put yourself at risk of missing, as you will be running 109.99% accuracy. I know, it's a small chance but while parsing I have missed Ambush on Marksman sniper, Rail Shot on Arsenal Merc and Force Lightning tick on Madness sorc, I don't want it to happen in real fights for just 11 points of extra Critical Rating.

2) The number of ticks doesn't change with Alacrity, only the speed of ticking changes (becomes faster).

3) Tier 1 alacrity (702+) works fine but it will generally have a bit lower DPS than Tier 2 alacrity build.

Thank you :)