Reminder: Close your gen chat in all areas tomorrow.

ShieldProtection

6.0 coming out tomorrow. Things you have to do to avoid spoilers and avoid toxic people.

Turn off your general chat in game in all areas including story zones you own. Some people can appear in your own story zone also, I think someone mentioned that before something called "instance bleeding" or whatnot I cannot remember. Turn off "allow same class people" thingy from your social/general settings.

Animals you have to avoid tomorrow in gen chat. Do not fall into troll traps.

-Spoilers

-BioWare/EA trolls

-This game is dead trolls

-wow fanboys

-this better than that trolls

-sexist/racist animals

-Trump/China trolls

-real life stuff

-where is my precious dark side kira/jaesa trolls

-animals with character names something insulting or historical content/person

-bush did 9/11 trolls

If you want a better gameplay/story experience, you have to turn off your in game general chat. How to do that? Its actually real simple, click the VERY SMALL arrow icon at top left corner on your screen above general chat.

Edited by ShieldProtection

That's like the "I'm offended by every letter on the alphabet" list. Most people just roll their eyes and move on when they see that in general chat. So many unnecessary points here lol.

Yes, good for avoiding spoilers. Might as well permanently disable your chat if all of those warrant a gen-lockdown tho.

Edited by Kiesu

Forget to add:

* snowflakes trolls.

I am sure people know how to block and turn off their chat or disable channels...

Most people in this game don't even know how to edit/change their GUI to add more bars or make things more bigger or smaller, which results in chat asking how to do that etc. wth are you on about.

For the sake of those people who don't know how to turn off or adjust chat:

- Click on the little triangle at the extreme top left corner of the screen to turn the entire chat window on or off.

- Hover the cursor over the chat window and right-click on the "General" tab at the top, and select "Chat Settings" turn turn on or off various chat channels.

- Hover over the chat window and click and hold the triangle at the bottom right of the window, to adjust the size of the window (within limits).

I enjoy general chat.It keeps me entertained.

I'm the same way. I keep it open for pure entertainment. If it starts to go sideways then I'll turn it off. Regarding spoilers, it really doesn't concern me. I play this game mostly for the mmo aspect of it, not the story. The story is just icing on the cake.

That's like the "I'm offended by every letter on the alphabet" list. Most people just roll their eyes and move on when they see that in general chat. So many unnecessary points here lol.

Yes, good for avoiding spoilers. Might as well permanently disable your chat if all of those warrant a gen-lockdown tho.

Pretty much this.

Op thinks everyone should want to live in a bubble. Most of us are made of thicker skin than that...

I'm usually very tolerant of gen chat, but those GD jawa movie titles light up my inner rage. 🔥🔥🔥

So. Racism, sexism, blatant political trolls trying to provoke one side or the other, credit farm spam and everything else is ok....

But Jawa Movie titles get your dander up?

:rak_02:

To each their own I guess.

I'm off to go watch Juaquin Phoenix then in "The Jawa".

Jawar of jaworlds?

I'm off to go watch Juaquin Phoenix then in "The Jawa".

♨️♨️

I have 2 stacks of rage now. I boil over at 10.

So. Racism, sexism, blatant political trolls trying to provoke one side or the other, credit farm spam and everything else is ok....

But Jawa Movie titles get your dander up?

:rak_02:

To each their own I guess.

I'm not saying it makes sense, but ya that pretty much sums me up. Maybe because the jawa crap is 5+ years old, it never ends once started, and nothing is new or original. They've all been said before.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

What about "dear friend", though?

If I turn off general chat, they won't be able to offer sincerest apologies and a 7 line advertisement in an eye watering mix of upper and lower case for some credit selling site every other minute.

Turning off gen chat is an Ostrich Mentality. Instead practice to stop passing judgement on anything you see, hear or read. If you don't pass judgement, you will be immuned. This also applies in real life. It is a very very valuable life skill to acquire.