Kaggath Tournament - Sol’yc Empire vs Krayt’s Vision

Beniboybling

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 2: The Sol’yc Empire vs Krayt’s Vision

Welcome to the second heat of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. In this second series the competition will be pitting the power bases of player made factions against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

The last battle, the Ascending Empire vs the Alliance of Worlds, was bitter, brutal and much blood was shed. In the end they came together to discuss peace but a battle broke out and the Ascending Empire prevailed. But onto round two.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules of the Heats.

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • Only those incorporated in the listed in the faction compilations below can take part in the Kaggath.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or sphere of influence i.e. contacts, access etc.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their factions decisions, this is determined by the nature of their leadership.

So, the combatants: StarSquirrel has submitted the Sol’yc Empire, a fearsome alliance of warriors dedicated to the Mandalorian ways of battle. While LadyKulvax has submitted Krayt’s, a traditional display of Imperial power and Sith dominance. Behold the factions!

The Sol’yc Empire

Leadership

Head of State: Tenel Ka Djo

Second-in-Command: Nek Bwau’tu

Allies: Jaina Solo and Boba Fett

Supplier: MandalMotors

Military

Minor Ground Force: Mando Cabure (Mandalorian Protectors) & HK-50 Army

Major Naval Force: Mandalorian Navy

Planets

Capital: Esseles

Supply Base: Mandalore

Stronghold/Military Base: Myrkr

Stronghold/Military Base: Telos IV

Shipyards: Bilbringi

vs

Krayt’s Vision

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Krayt

Second-in-Command: Gilad Pellaeon

Allies: Darth Talon & Natasi Daala

Supplier: Arakyd Industries

Military

Minor Ground Force: 501st Stormtrooper Legion & Krath War Droids

Major Naval Force: Imperial Navy (Fel Empire)

Planets

Capital: Byss

Supply Base: Vulpter

Stronghold/Military Base: Prakith

Stronghold/Military Base: Koros Major

Shipyards: Foerost

The Sol’yc Empire has the age-old strength of Mandalorian might while the Imperial Alliance has the training and discipline of Imperial soldiers – but who is greater, who will win?

Let the Kaggath begin!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just random thoughts right now from what I can see Krayt's empire has more tactitians but I feel Squirl's (sorry cant remember your groups name off the top of my head) has the best tactitian in the bunch. Also Jaina Solo was more then just a good duelist and powerful force weilder she had also been trained by Boba Fett who is also on Squilrs team. In terms of putting a strike team together I feel Squirl would have the edge, in terms of Tactics I would almost want to give neither the edge, as which ever location Nek is at Squirl will have the edge but where Nek isn't Krayt's army would, that being said Nek may be able to predict every move his opponents will make and thus be where he needs to be at all times.

In terms of pure military stuff I am not sure at the moment and will wait for others to chime in just my initial thoughts on the matter.

This is the thread where everyone fawns over Nek beating the Thrawn Simulator...

lol shouldn't be entirely no even Thrawn had his flaws any one who cant see that is not paying attention any tactical advantage Nek would have would be very slight especially with the what appears to be a full team of tactitians on Krayts side.

lol shouldn't be entirely no even Thrawn had his flaws any one who cant see that is not paying attention any tactical advantage Nek would have would be very slight especially with the what appears to be a full team of tactitians on Krayts side.

Yes Thrawn had his flaws. But I will always deny the validity of the Thrawn Simulator.

I think I definitely have the space advantage 1600 ships including:

Imperious-class Star Destroyers.

Pallaeon-class Star Destroyers.

Ardent-class Fast Frigates.

Scythe-class battlecruisers.

and more.

how do you figure you had that many ships, that seems like really high balling it, as far as the info I can find it was no stronger then the GADF so I wouldn't say more then 600 destroyers/cruisers tops, I mean obviously correct me if am wrong.

Edited by tunewalker

I think I definitely have the space advantage 1600 ships including:

Imperious-class Star Destroyers.

Pallaeon-class Star Destroyers.

Ardent-class Fast Frigates.

Scythe-class battlecruisers.

and more.

Here's me hoping we don't end up facing each other...

But that won't stop me from supporting you here and now.

I'll need some time to make myself familiar with your faction.

Because it was said the Fel Empire gained a 15th of the Imperial Navy's former glory, a fifteenth of 25,000 is 1600.

...... I am just going to shut my mouth from this point on because all that will happen is bringing up an old debate so ya enjoy guys not going to take part in this one, at least I will have the solace in knowing.

Edited by tunewalker

Well there are like four ways to use him, but yep.

Yes there are. But what are you going to do? What is your first move? Can't wait to find out.

I'm going to be out doing some errands for a bit, but I'll be back.

Edited by Aurbere

This is the thread where everyone fawns over Nek beating the Thrawn Simulator...
Nek beat the Thrawn Simulator. Nek wins.

I don't even now what that is but I'm just saying it. :p

Oh and feel free to post opening arguments people, this debate isn't going to start itself.

How large exactly is the Mandalorian Navy by the way?
Numbers are unclear, but it was large enough to challenge the Republic Navy and make significant ground.

I suggest we don't attempt to make any specifics, but make a more general comparison focused on abilities rather than numbers - which will probabably make this debate easier anyway.

Well my fleet is heavily comprised of the Pallaeon-class, only one generation down from the Imperious-class, the two most advanced Star Destroyer classes ever made.

It also boasts some Scythe-class battlecruisers the replacement for the Star Defenders.

Now I am not too knowledgeable on the Mandalorian Navy, but I wouldn't want to give up the numerical advantage of 1600 ships.