Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Public listings would be way better if prestige was calculated differently

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Public listings would be way better if prestige was calculated differently

DuchessKristania's Avatar


DuchessKristania
08.16.2020 , 12:19 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Mine are rarely in the top three, often in the top ten, sometimes top five, and it is a rarity to have a visitor. I do not think I have ever had more than two visitors at once. Visiting strongholds just does not seem to be a thing anymore, but I occasionally go tour some strongholds for inspiration. Like you, I put in a lot of time on mine. All of my strongholds have a theme that I try to keep appropriate to the space, so no meat tree farms in mine, and all are open to the public except Manaan, still being worked on, Coruscant, being redesigned, and Alderaan, do not have it. But when a stronghold is done I stop even if that means it is not at 100%. I would rather have something that looks aesthetically pleasing rather than decorations put up haphazardly just to get to 100% completion. For example, my Rishi stronghold is at 82%. While I might tweak some things I consider it pretty much done because to put in anything more would make it cluttered.
I have found ways to hide decos behind things so that the stronghold is completed, but not cluttered. I can't stand having my strongholds cluttered, lol. I only have one public right now because it's the only one I'm wholly satisfied with, lol.

I also like to mash the various trophies together to create interesting wall art. It uses up several hooks and gives the place something unique without making it look cluttered. Trophies also get hidden behind banners and such to fill deco hooks. My agent is stealthy in heer decorating, lol.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
08.16.2020 , 08:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
I have found ways to hide decos behind things so that the stronghold is completed, but not cluttered. I can't stand having my strongholds cluttered, lol. I only have one public right now because it's the only one I'm wholly satisfied with, lol.

I also like to mash the various trophies together to create interesting wall art. It uses up several hooks and gives the place something unique without making it look cluttered. Trophies also get hidden behind banners and such to fill deco hooks. My agent is stealthy in heer decorating, lol.
I can not stand it when a stronghold is at 100% and it will not let you replace a deco, you have to pick it up first, so I will always leave at least one spot open. Most of my strongholds that are public are between 95-99% completed. The only ones below 90% that I consider finished (or relatively finished) are Rishi and Umbara (Umbara has such bad hook placement, why are there so many hooks on top of the train?).

I did get quite the surprise the other day. Right after I logged in three people showed up in my stronghold. The most visitors I have ever had at once.
============================================================
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

DuchessKristania's Avatar


DuchessKristania
08.16.2020 , 09:57 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
I can not stand it when a stronghold is at 100% and it will not let you replace a deco, you have to pick it up first, so I will always leave at least one spot open. Most of my strongholds that are public are between 95-99% completed. The only ones below 90% that I consider finished (or relatively finished) are Rishi and Umbara (Umbara has such bad hook placement, why are there so many hooks on top of the train?).

I did get quite the surprise the other day. Right after I logged in three people showed up in my stronghold. The most visitors I have ever had at once.
You know, I've seen more visitors of late as well. I was playing with a friend last night and we were on Skype. We were in my SH between running stuff and suddenly my friend was like "What the hell?! Who is that?!" She didn't realize the stronghold was public. It had a visitor and startled her.

What server are you on? I play on Star Forge. If we're on the same server I'll have to come take a look at your strongholds.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
08.16.2020 , 10:20 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
I did get quite the surprise the other day. Right after I logged in three people showed up in my stronghold. The most visitors I have ever had at once.
A few weeks back, I ran across someone putting together a guild-organised tour to give people the "50 peeps in your stronghold with you" achievement (as well as the lesser ones). After a bit of floo-flah about getting as many people as possible all set up on their TeamSpeak server, off we all went. Three Ops groups and a bit of handwaving for people whose max-occupation stronghold is only 50 (e.g. Coru/DK)(1), and manual invitations to three group leaders who have top-tier keys to your stronghold (and can therefore invite the whole Ops group), and *very* quickly you end up with *everyone* in the groups in your stronghold.

But yeah, I had the same thing one day. I was doing I can't remember what in my SH and suddenly, as I opened my cargo hold, POOF, there's a cheevo popup out of nowhere. What the ...? Click. Oh, I see.

(1) It's possible to be at 51/50. You go in, you invite some people who have enough rights to invite the rest, and then you *leave* the SH. When the SH is maxed out on occupancy (50/50, say), you go back in. You are always allowed in to your own stronghold, even if it's notionally full.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
08.16.2020 , 12:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
You know, I've seen more visitors of late as well. I was playing with a friend last night and we were on Skype. We were in my SH between running stuff and suddenly my friend was like "What the hell?! Who is that?!" She didn't realize the stronghold was public. It had a visitor and startled her.

What server are you on? I play on Star Forge. If we're on the same server I'll have to come take a look at your strongholds.
I am on Star Forge. I will send you a message with my character's name.


Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
A few weeks back, I ran across someone putting together a guild-organised tour to give people the "50 peeps in your stronghold with you" achievement (as well as the lesser ones).

But yeah, I had the same thing one day. I was doing I can't remember what in my SH and suddenly, as I opened my cargo hold, POOF, there's a cheevo popup out of nowhere. What the ...? Click. Oh, I see.
I have seen those too. A while back there was someone trying to put one together on SF, and I had posted that I would help, but nothing ever came of it. Basically, the same thing happened to me, too. I was probably doing something at the GTN or storage and up popped this achievement window.
============================================================
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.