Supreme Mogul’s Contraband Pack

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relnex's armor = hood-down Jedi robes = pure, unadulterated win!

Also, why must Mira's jacket make males shirtless? I don't particularly mind it with a set that's supposed to be skimpy for both genders, but Mira's jacket should be a serious item given the fact that it was from one of the KOTOR games. It should give the male a full, green t-shirt, since she has a green tied-off crop-top.

All the other sets look great!

Hmmmm, simple hood-down Jedi robes. I swear there is a certain person who will go unnamed that said he would never post in the forums again if BW just added such armor to the game. I'll have to see if I can dig up that post, lol.

RELNEX!!! Master Relnex's outfit is coming! Trad Jedi robes for everyone! My prayers answered! You can't believe how much I am smiling right now!!!! My guardian will get a hood toggle with battle expulsor's set.

And here goes the enthusiasm... pants are missing something :l http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/3380.jpg

See the the textures resembling hanging cloth from the vest, beneath the waist? :/ Pls bio, add the textures... I want this on my sage :L

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I like the speeders and companions (the Sarlacc pit and female Mira's armor set are cool too) , but the rest is pretty so-so for me. And, most of these items have already been released in other packs with different names or colors.

It's an okay pack, but I feel like it isn't as great as older packs.

Thanks, Bioware, but I think I'll pass on this one.

-RGC

I like the Aratech red spirit speeder, seems to kind of match with the red scalene armor from the gree event but too much red it seems, I like the Aratech ghost as well. Volatile Derelict Lightsaber looks awesome too. The Black Effiency Scanner looks good. I don't see anything else that stands out to me though.

I think my female merc might get Mira's armor... The Relnex’s Armor Set is pretty cool, same with the Diabolist Armor Set. Not sure about the Adept Scout Armor Set. I might use the Alderaan house armors when i record my Agent. But the Advanced Copper Crystal is smexy!

The only two things in the entire pack that interest me are the Volatile Derelict sabers. I love the Derelict saber hilts, and I love the Volatile effect, so those two things are nice.

The Primordial Assault Cannon Besh is OK, the Primordial Sniper Rifle Besh is... meh, I actually prefer the standard version.* The Primarodial Blaster Pistol Besh is "ok"... still hate the Primordial Blaster Rifle. Had you just given the thing a stock it might have been interesting, but without a stock it just looks goofy imo.

I'm not a fan of something as basic as hood down Jedi robes being in Cartel Packs btw... that's something that should go up on the regular market, not in a gamble pack that's going to go away eventually. I don't mind more exotic stuff being in gamble packs (though I'd still prefer to buy it outright); but traditional Jedi robes just seems low.

Finally... something that's really starting to annoy me: Why does every other class get stuff they could reasonably wear, particularly Jedi... but the poor Trooper gets next to nothing? Agents, Smugglers and Bounty Hunters can all wear standard civilian clothes or light armors of various description without issue, Jedi and Sith are both specially catered to routinely... but the Trooper seems to get just about nadda. I grant, putting a big old republic logo on heavy armor does pretty much mean "This is trooper gear" and excludes most other classes... but c'mon, it's not like you don't already do that with Jedi and Sith gear.

And no, for the record, huttball uniforms don't count. Without those giant shoulderpads they might actually be workable, but... no, just no.

*Why on earth have a holographic targeting sight next to the scope? I do not understand the purpose of this... at all.

I can't wait for the Diabolist set! Simple and sleek, with a nice wrap-around look -- exactly what I want for my Sith. :) They remind me of the ol' level 11 Inquisitor's robes, but with the hood up. The Panteer set looks pretty snazzy too, might have to pick it up for a Companion.

And Bioware artists, thank you for not making Mira's armor "female only" or giving the guys a full-coverage version.

And here goes the enthusiasm... pants are missing something :l http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/3380.jpg

See the the textures resembling hanging cloth from the vest, beneath the waist? :/ Pls bio, add the textures... I want this on my sage :L

I thought something looked off about them. I got no problem rocking Jolee's set until they fix them though.

Some good stuff there, a good come back after the last pack being a bit poor.

Last pack did have great blasters as the only good things added, but I feel that the versions in this new pack just ruin the design with flashy effects. Its not needed. The less flashy effects the better. That goes for the entire game by the way.

Stuff I like are the mira's outfit though it could have been a bit darker green, and the relnex robes. Sadly still with short sleeves, but its good to see a descent jedi robe without a hood up for once. A bit sad actually that people had to wait so long for this.

The other armors are kind of alright, nothing great and pretty much just slight color variations of whats already in the game. If recoloreable, that scout jacket might be pretty neat.

Dyes are too loud, like pretty much all dyes already in the game. I'd like to see more subtle colors added.

Whats with all the packs coming out every other week? instead of trying to find more ways of getting your players to spend money why not fix your game? speaking from a player thats played since beta/launch and still noticing bugs that were in the game 6 months ago...

Whats with all the packs coming out every other week? instead of trying to find more ways of getting your players to spend money why not fix your game? speaking from a player thats played since beta/launch and still noticing bugs that were in the game 6 months ago...

Woot! Another cartel pack to spend all my money on gambling and recolored stuff!!! After all, children and wife can eat next month. :eek:

^^

Gaming has taken a turn for the worst in recent years. Hopefully this is the height of it, and in a few years a company will emerge that isn't totally corrupt. Or things could just get worse and this level of greed could remain the norm :D

Facebook? Did you guys run out of hosting space on your own site? :p

Hopefully this is a weird one-off. Presentation for this pack is terrible.

Edited by Mevan

Every other week is one month? Because that's when the previous pack was added (06/12)

Is the designer for the new dye packs color blind by any chance? Because with how bad some of the colors/combinations look, I would think so.

Maybe it's time to buy them the big pack of Crayolas to play with and ask them to move away from the over use of all the pastels for dyes.

Edited by Flying-Brian

The guys making new models aren't the same guys that are fixing bugs.

also once a month =/= every other week.

Edited by Kaiserkain