WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1???

Mureyu

Hey folks,

I want to add some clarity around what was wrong, what is intended, and what is being changed. First off, the what is wrong. There was a little confusion around things when we last talked about this issue. It appears that the current rarities in the pack are correct, however, the tooltips and rarity icons for those items are not. Just to reiterate, the rarity of the items that you have been seeing in the packs is correct and is not being changed. What is being changed are the tooltips and rarity icons to make sure that this is accurately represented. Our current target is to get those adjusted in Game Update 2.8.1, ]it should be noted that the Star Cluster pack also becomes embargoed in that same update.

Another thing that I know was questioned was the collections unlock prices. Those prices are intended. Collections prices are something that is not completely static from one pack to another and can shift. Similarly, many of you might notice that in the Star Cluster pack there are different amounts of items at different rarities than normal (more rares, less commons, etc). With the Star Cluster pack, we were trying out some new things. I can tell you that the team has heard your feedback around both the rarities and the collections pricing and will adjust accordingly in future packs.

I apologize for the confusion around this and I hope this clears things up!

TLDR – Rarities and collection costs are right. Item rarity icons and collections tooltip rarity are not and are targeted to be fixed in 2.8.1.

-eric

Why???? The Bounty ones should be embargoed before the new ones!!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why???? The Bounty ones should be embargoed before the new ones!!

So that Bioware and EA can suck as much money as possible from people, seeing that everyone with a brain attuned to something other than "BW IZZZ G0D...1!!!11111!!!" has ascertained their game plan from a mile away.

Gating is a wonderful thing no doubt.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

2 hypercrates

What does it come out to? Around $50 per hypercrate? And you spent that much money for two of them for what are essentially grab bags?

Do people do this often? It is the most absurd thing that I have seen today. I'm not a gambler though.

They don't even have reputation items in them LOL. The gambling packs are becoming more and more pathetic with each patch.

Main reason I only opened 2, one I just bought with extra credits I had... I refuse to even bother opening another pack from this new "set" for the complete lack of faction, and really really messed up "intended" drop rates...

It's because of the outrage over the new unlock prices and drop rates.

This way they can bury this pack and pretend it never happened...

I don't think so. The lack of a rep faction makes me think this was the actual plan (just one they never shared in advance).

The super-high collection prices actually make a sick sort of sense with this news, since all the items are that much rarer overall as a result of the packs being a sort of "limited edition".

Should have known something was up when they released packs that had this many cool armors, plus mounts like the Rancor and Walker. That'll teach me to think they were just upping their game.

I don't think so. The lack of a rep faction makes me think this was the actual plan (just one they never shared in advance).

The super-high collection prices actually make a sick sort of sense with this news, since all the items are that much rarer overall as a result of the packs being a sort of "limited edition".

Should have known something was up when they released packs that had this many cool armors, plus mounts like the Rancor and Walker. That'll teach me to think they were just upping their game.

I was uber excited for these 2 packs because of all the high quality things inside them,

Naah, I think the original plan was to embargo the packs after the event was over.

They just rushed it now because of the outrage.

Naah, I think the original plan was to embargo the packs after the event was over.

If that was the case they should have posted that an not kept it hidden!

Think this will be the best solution long term. have them out currently, with an "issue" then remove them in 2.8.1 so they can be "released" again in the future potentially with "fixed" rarity or modified drops and/or in full sets rather than collected pieces potentially as part of the next shipment or new event.

This way you don't have people complaining about "compensation" if they admit a problem, and for those who really liked it but because of many reasons didn't get what was desired and found GTN prices excessive for common sets will be able to collect them in the future as full sets. Just will have to wait until they are re-released (which I fully expect).

Because it creates an artificial rush to buy them this way. Smart move on their part. People will suck em up.

It's not artificial. If you're set on having something from this pack, you must rush. That's all there is to it. Not like there's anything worth having, anyway.

600CCs for basic emotes = winning!

My original boycott of the CM was until they fixed the butt/shins, which they finally did. I can see there's still no reason to start putting additional real money into this game. I'm appreciative of the quality of the Legacy Weapons from the event, but other than that, 2.8 was a complete joke. They now admit that the drop rates were "correct" and that the tool tips were simply a mistake. That's right, folks, a difference in rarity between the upper and lower parts of the set as a whole. And guess what? For her pleasure we've embargoed said packs already. If you get your hands on the whole set you'd better scoop them up and spend those CCs to unlock them cause you'll never get them for multiple toons otherwise.

This is a **** freaking move. As many continue to note, if this weren't a SW MMO, who would even stick around? No amount of voice acted storylines is worth the cluster**** this game has turned into. Slap after slap in the face.

600CCs for basic emotes = winning!

My original boycott of the CM was until they fixed the butt/shins, which they finally did. I can see there's still no reason to start putting additional real money into this game. I'm appreciative of the quality of the Legacy Weapons from the event, but other than that, 2.8 was a complete joke. They now admit that the drop rates were "correct" and that the tool tips were simply a mistake. That's right, folks, a difference in rarity between the upper and lower parts of the set as a whole. And guess what? For her pleasure we've embargoed said packs already. If you get your hands on the whole set you'd better scoop them up and spend those CCs to unlock them cause you'll never get them for multiple toons otherwise.

This is a **** freaking move. As many continue to note, if this weren't a SW MMO, who would even stick around? No amount of voice acted storylines is worth the cluster**** this game has turned into. Slap after slap in the face.

And there it is. How dare they try something different? How dare they! We speak with our wallets. Don't pay for these packs and they won't do it again. Not so much of a slap in the face as a palm to the forehead.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

And there it is. How dare they try something different? How dare they! We speak with our wallets. Don't pay for these packs and they won't do it again. Not so much of a slap in the face as a palm to the forehead.

B.I.N.G.O!!! THIS is how you tell them what you think.

B.I.N.G.O!!! THIS is how you tell them what you think.

Refusing to buy does indeed need to be part of what we do, but there is nothing wrong with also using the forum as a... well, as a forum to explain why we aren't buying them.

Complaining "I don't like that you did this" absolutely needs some teeth behind it (i.e. not buying the packs), but if we don't give EA/BW feedback as to why we're doing that, then the message won't be as effective either. (Otherwise I can just see them saying: "oh the short-term packs didn't sell as well as we hoped, guess we need to go back to longer-term ones." "What about the changes to the drop ratios?" "Oh yeah, leave that in, no point in taking that out")

Refusing to buy does indeed need to be part of what we do, but there is nothing wrong with also using the forum as a... well, as a forum to explain why we aren't buying them.
I didn't mean to discount the use of this forum - it's been very effective in the past as a way to communicate with the Devs. They may not reply, but I think it's quite obvious that they do listen.

Except the problem is, we didn't know there were changes until after we bought them and tried to unlock them. It would be too late by then to not buy packs since everyone goes into a frenzy on new pack day.

So that Bioware and EA can suck as much money as possible from people, seeing that everyone with a brain attuned to something other than "BW IZZZ G0D...1!!!11111!!!" has ascertained their game plan from a mile away.

Gating is a wonderful thing no doubt.

This undoubtedly has to be the only company in the world with a game plan to make money. I am shocked BW and EA would want to make money. Truly, baffling.