New Class Idea's

valdaus

I'm not sure if EA will listen to this or even read it, but a lot of people in swtor have been wanting to see something new and exciting beyond the expansions. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seemed right. This is just an idea for a new class for both sith, and jedi.

Class: Sith Vanquisher

Weapon: Light Whip

Damage Type: Melee Aoe

Skill 1: Force Whirl (The Sith Vanquisher rotates the light whip around it's boy in unorthodox motions with variable velocity to make foes unable to predict the course of the attack.)

Skill 2: Force Lash ( The Sith Vanquisher strikes a single target multiple times in rapid succession, hits may glance off to other targets causing splash damage.)

Skill 3: Force Chaining ( The Sith Vanquisher lashes quickly at the targets with incredible speed making it appear as if the light whip has divided into multiple whips.)

Skill 4: Force Rotation ( The Sith Vanquisher rotates the light whip around them very fast drawing a circle from their body hitting everything around the wielder.)

Class: Jedi Hoplite

Weapon: Light Pike

Damage Type: Piercing Single Target

Skill 1: Force Lunge (The Jedi Hoplite lunges at the target with impressive speed breaking through their defenses with the light pike.)

Skill 2: Force Volley (The Jedi Hoplite performs an array at thrusting attacks at a target not only ignoring defenses but doing remarkable damage)

Skill 3: Force Breaker (The Jedi Hoplite dispells force attacks that protect the target such as static barrier)

Skill 4: Force Phallanx (The Jedi Hoplite attacks a single target with force energy quick lowering their defensive capabilities.)

I'm pretty confident that we're not going to see new classes, ever.

This...

Unless you are willing to accept new classes without class story.

and a Senator story for the Republic.

What's a Senator gonna do...politic an enemy to death :D :D :D :D Very few "senators" are Padme Amidala. Even senators like Bail Organa or Mon Mothma lead the troops from the relative safety of a base or a capital ship.

Either that or maybe they can add in more weapons the classes can use and learn. I mean the proficiency should remain where they are as the classes should do best with their proficient weapon; but they can learn how to use others. I mean it has been showcased that troopers carry sidearms with them and imperial commandos and operatives use sidearms as well; but why can we not learn these skills. I am not asking for these classes to gain the more proficient abilities that the smuggler and bounty hunter know; however I believe adding in the ability to learn how to use new weapons. This i think will add more uniqueness to the characters that you create. Maybe they could implement this through you can select a given number of weapons you can learn out of maximum number of allowed trainable weapons within a given pool. I do believe that you also should have to actually dedicate some form of either currency or quest line to unlock these given weapon skills.

I mean it has been showcased that troopers carry sidearms with them and imperial commandos and operatives use sidearms as well; but why can we not learn these skills.

"Imperial commandos"? What's that?

I wouldn't use the word "showcased" for it in any event. "Cheesed in to avoid problems" would be more like it.

The "weird extra pistol from nowhere" classes are:

* Trooper

** Commando

** Vanguard

* Imperial Agent

** Sniper

** Operative

Note the arrangement, and you'll get a hint as to why they do this. Any cut-scene that was written to accommodate Commandos and Vanguards (and even plain old Troopers) will use a pistol to avoid having two different animations (one for a Commando menacing someone at close range with what amounts to a cross between a heavy machine gun and a light autocannon, one for a Trooper, Commando or Vanguard menacing someone at close range with a rifle). In the final class mission on Ord Mantell, you are shown using a blaster rifle (and not the pistol) because that scene was written for a plain old Trooper. If you do it on a Commando, you'll see your arms cradling a blaster rifle that isn't there, while your HBG remains securely on your back. (Prior to 4.0, this wasn't an issue, of course, because it was incredibly rare for someone to do that mission as anything but a plain old Trooper.)

The same applies to Snipers with sniper rifles versus any kind of agent with blaster rifle. Blaster rifles and sniper rifles don't have the same carry animations and the like, so to simplify things and avoid the "distance weapon at close range" issue that plagues Troopers, all types of Imperial Agent use a pistol in cinematics after Hutta.

There are similar issues for other classes, of course. You don't see a Gunslinger or Mercenary actually wielding two pistols in cinematics, nor a Marauder or Sentinel carrying a second sabre, and Assassins and Shadows tend to hold their dualsabre as if it is a singlesabre. And cinematics on Tython and Korriban tend to be weird if you have equipped a lightsabre of any kind, since they were scripted for training sabres.

I always thought of a droid-class, that can use all three specs plus and additional DPS spec. Then we have someone, who can use Tech-Blades as Tank and mDPS, vibro-blad as DPS and Heal, shield as Tank and Blaster Rifle as rDPS and Heal.

It can also be an option, to create at least two new classes for possible new class stories next year. BW can do a fresh start with new characters, that are not emperor, jedi-battle-master, Colonel or Mand'alor. Create new companions or give the old ones new roles and let them reappear.

First of all the amount of story needed would make this impossible, for now. Second of all most of what you want will require a noticible amonut of new equipment which is also not doable right now.

If you want more class options you would be better off adding an AC that uses weapons already in the game. This would allow the recycleing of animations, armor, weapons, companions and story arc.

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior using double bladed light sabre

Sage/Sorc using a half sabre (not sure what it's called)

Trooper/BH that uses either a tech blade or a tech Staff

Op/smuggler dual tech blades or tech staff

Then you need 2 trees for each see how much it needs even when you recycle 90% of what you need there is still a **** ton of stuff to add.

Personally if I had to pick one I would say BH/Trooper with a Tech blade

• 9 months later...

Beastmaster (republic) and droid engineer (empire) would cover a class archetype we do not yet have (pet based).

Unfortunately the addition of cartel market companions including beasts and droid kinda kills that.

What about a force sensitive class? Something modeled on the night sisters, gray jedi, or other non jedi or sith force users? It would be interesting to have a blaster wielding class that also uses some force powers.

Beastmaster (republic) and droid engineer (empire) would cover a class archetype we do not yet have (pet based).

Unfortunately the addition of cartel market companions including beasts and droid kinda kills that.

What about a force sensitive class? Something modeled on the night sisters, gray jedi, or other non jedi or sith force users? It would be interesting to have a blaster wielding class that also uses some force powers.

You should read the Legends books "Couscant Nights". One of the characters is a Grey Paladin. A lot like the Jedi, but use dual blasters. Had a female Twilek who dual wielded DL44s and could shoot blaster bolts with her own to stop people shooting at her

Really interesting stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind a pet class to be honest, seems like the one classic rpg archetype missing from swtor currently.

Granted, I assume since they added companions they didn't feel the need to add one.

That being said, companions aren't really used much outside solo content; so a pet class would be a welcome addition.

I could see pets being added to commandos and mercenaries if they ever decide to do big class additions, maybe a combat droid of some sort that can heal/dps depending on spec.

Not sure how one would implement a new class entirely. I spose with the whole Iokath thing, you could add a non faction specific Cyborg Engineer type class with the knowledge of the machine gods. Wielding an army of droid pets and maybe can use a big gunnery robot as a burst cooldown or something >.>.

Can see it now, adding a whole quest chain of stuff to do on Iokath to unlock the class and download the machine god knowledge into your brain. Heard it here first boys.

Edited by Malkai

• 4 months later...

So do they listen to these?

Space expansion with space pilot classes. Yes?

Republic pilot and imp pilot. Haven’t figure out the rest lol. We also need Wookiee’s.

Maybe an Ace pilot, bomber pilot, and privateer trees. I think this would drastically help with the game. We need a space story and great gameplay enhancements.

Edited by jacklinks

So do they listen to these?

Space expansion with space pilot classes. Yes?

Republic pilot and imp pilot. Haven’t figure out the rest lol. We also need Wookiee’s.

Maybe an Ace pilot, bomber pilot, and privateer trees. I think this would drastically help with the game. We need a space story and great gameplay enhancements.

Do I hear someone suggesting they recreate JTL in SWTOR? :D