Bioware: Allow Advanced Class Respec!

Dunzo

Bioware,

Please allow Advanced Class Respec. There's no reason for this, give players the choice! If you're worried it will hurt your story or something - don't. You don't seem to care you send Jedi to go slaughter hundreds of Sand People, so why care about something that is needlessly restricting players?

Thanks!

EDIT:

If you want to say "NO" or "Bioware will never do this!"...

WATCH:

Thanks to Salzwasser for the link.

...and to finally put matters to rest, read: http://torwars.com/2011/12/01/stephen-reid-on-advanced-class-switching/

Edited by Dunzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In one word, no.

You are directed to pick between two options and then given three options within your choice to fiddle with.

Have two characters from each choice, makes the game fun and interesting as you level two and see how they come to differ.

Play the game, don't nitpick it.

Have two characters from each choice, makes the game fun and interesting as you level two and see how they come to differ.

While I agree with the "no" answer, your reasoning kind of leaves the people that play the game for the storylines annoyed, since this would require playing the same content over again just to change one decision.

No. And here's why: Many ACs are fundamentally different from one another.

Take the Sith Warrior for example. The Juggernaut for one uses a single blade. They also have access to other forms which augment abilities in different ways. Now, transition to the Marauder. Here's where you really see the differences.

The Marauder has its own unique resource system (Fury) in addition to rage. Unleashing this fury gives you bonuses in combat. Managing Fury, timing when to release it, etc, are all integral parts of the Marauder style.

They play in very different ways from one another down to their specific abilities. Juggernauts can "Sunder" armor, Marauders deal bleed damage, etc. They are very much different classes. It'd be akin to asking to change from your Warrior into a Rogue.

In one word, no.

You are directed to pick between two options and then given three options within your choice to fiddle with.

And for those who picked a advanced class they didn't like then what? I would hate to rerole and spend all of that time getting back to the point I was at. For example I chose Assassin think it would be fun, it wasn't. I fully understand how to use it but I hate it so much. But I am a lvl 20 and I don't want to rerole becuase unlike some people I don't have that much time.

Anyway there are no cons to respecing your advanced class so /signed.

In one word, no.

Get back to me when you have an actual reason.

And for those who picked a advanced class they didn't like then what? I would hate to rerole and spend all of that time getting back to the point I was at. For example I chose Assassin think it would be fun, it wasn't. I fully understand how to use it but I hate it so much. But I am a lvl 20 and I don't want to rerole becuase unlike some people I don't have that much time.

Because getting to 20 is oh-so-hard. On top of that, it's very careful to tell you what the AC does and that it's permanent. Re-roll, build a new character. Hell, I'm betting there's some extra changes you can make to improve too.

While I agree with the "no" answer, your reasoning kind of leaves the people that play the game for the storylines annoyed, since this would require playing the same content over again just to change one decision.

It's not changing one decision, it's essentially rolling another class. Assassin and sorcerer are completely different and so are mercenary and powertech. They may share their early abilities, but they're different classes. That they're picked at lvl 10 instead of 1 is irrelevant, the argument is still the same as "I picked a bounty hunter, now i'm level 25 and want an agent, i should be able to change."

No, re-roll to change your AC.

So you want people to be miserable leveling the same class with the same story just because they found at level 30 the AC they picked sucked? I am going on a hunch and going to say you don't own a business, because in business the name of the game is keep customers happy not miserable.

And for those who picked a advanced class they didn't like then what?

Reroll and do it again or pick a whole different class this time. This is no different then saying you made it to lvl 20 as a Warrior and then realized you wanted to play a Paladin, and want to change your character into that new class.

There are cons to this, and don't even bother to try and tell us that it doesn't effect those who don't want to.

It means that the choice no longer means anything.

People don't roll alts as often.

People will level with one AC then try to play the other and end game, with no real understanding how of how to do it.

Again this is not something that other games let you do anyway, so why do people think you should be able to here?

How about no respec but yes dual spec. I mean I am a jug tank and it isn't the greatest with pvp. Yes, I can take a hit but no I do not hit hard. I mean yes I spend thousands and thousands of credits on repecing. But it would be nice to drop 1 million or even 10 million credits on dual spec to save time.

It's not changing one decision, it's essentially rolling another class. Assassin and sorcerer are completely different and so are mercenary and powertech. They may share their early abilities, but they're different classes. That they're picked at lvl 10 instead of 1 is irrelevant, the argument is still the same as "I picked a bounty hunter, now i'm level 25 and want an agent, i should be able to change."

Okay, if they're so different then give them separate story lines. OH wait, the story doesn't care what their AC is? Get out!

Bioware,

Please allow Advanced Class Respec. There's no reason for this, give players the choice! If you're worried it will hurt your story or something - don't. You don't seem to care you send Jedi to go slaughter hundreds of Sand People, so why care about something that is needlessly restricting players?

Thanks!

I have to respectfully say no to this. You can already respec within your chosen Advanced Class, but ACs are entirely different classes with a few basic abilities shared. It's not that hard to level to 50, just roll a character of the other Advanced Class you want. Skip all the class quest dialogue if you want to, or better yet...make different decisions.

Edited by photometrik

Okay, if they're so different then give them separate story lines. OH wait, the story doesn't care what their AC is? Get out!

Name me one game where you replay from the start and it's 100% different from any other time you've played through the game.

AC's may as well be unique classes that happen to share a story line.