Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WEST Coast

Icykill_
11.10.2017 , 12:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkAmundson View Post
It really feels like BW just doesn't want me to play this game.
Quote:
Don't worry man, and most importantly don't give up! I'd wait a long while. Give them a few months for fix their server issues first. They aren't going to give up on you Aussies yet! You all are a great part of the community that they honestly can't afford to lose.
Iíve been in contact with Keith in a few PMs to give him network feed back. Heís admitted that they always expected there would be an increase of 70ms fro APAC players 😢

There is nothing they can do to fix that... thinking it will is very naive... we could give them 3 years and it wonít get better... so saying we shouldnít give up isnít helpful... Bioware have most certainly given up on the APAC community
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

KendraP
11.10.2017 , 03:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by pyro_princess View Post
I don't understand how you guys are getting so much latency. Is America's internet services really that bad that you literally have to be near the server to receive a decent response time? In my country, I can do Star Forge, Satele Shan, and Darth Malgus, and it all has the exact same latency for me. I don't understand how it affects you so poorly.
I believe the crowd that is actually suffering is the Pacific. They are after all, the furthest from any avaliable server.

As a west coast US player, I went from ~30-60 ms to 80-110 ms. So it's still perfectly playable.

The outrage is because we weren't informed ahead of time and it feels like a snub to west coast players and a slap in the face for Pacific players.

Like I get you need to save money and I get moving all data centers to the middle of the country costs money. But really, this feels like a snub.

Amei
11.11.2017 , 10:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NoMadtech View Post
Wasn't Satele Shan Server supposed to be a West Coast time Zone server ??????
I got yanked off of JC, where I was perfectly happy, and then force me to change my toons's name.
Thanks for nothing
Facing the Darkness Within

Foambreaker
11.14.2017 , 11:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by pyro_princess View Post
I don't understand how you guys are getting so much latency. Is America's internet services really that bad that you literally have to be near the server to receive a decent response time? In my country, I can do Star Forge, Satele Shan, and Darth Malgus, and it all has the exact same latency for me. I don't understand how it affects you so poorly.
I think you underestimate the sheer size of the US and the obstacles that must be crossed.

Imagine driving from Lisbon to Moscow or from Darwin to Victoria and back again!

Also unlike ocean crossings there are dozens of connections cross country, it is not just one run coast to coast.

Yeldah_
01.14.2018 , 04:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Iíve been in contact with Keith in a few PMs to give him network feed back. Heís admitted that they always expected there would be an increase of 70ms fro APAC players 😢

There is nothing they can do to fix that... thinking it will is very naive... we could give them 3 years and it wonít get better... so saying we shouldnít give up isnít helpful... Bioware have most certainly given up on the APAC community
This is a confession that I would like to see. Any chance you can post on here exactly what they said?