Is Devastating Vengeance relic viable now?

AlCiao

I know in the past it wasn't, cuz the numbers were so low compared to Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault. But I just got a purple DV relic that procs an 1181 (ish, I'm going from memory) boost to Crit Rating. Seems to be roughly on part with FR and SA now.

Given that Crit is such a good stat these days, is it worth trading out FR or SA for DV? If so, which one should I trade out? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I did a little bit of testing on my sorc. The relics I had were: 240 SA, 242 FR, 248 DV

With my relic slots empty, my stats were:

Mastery: 6877

Power: 3682

Critical: 1529

Using Revification as my testing platform, these are the critical heals I would receive(to me) when each of the three relics would proc:

240 SA: 1734

242 FR: 1727

248 DV: 1724

Based on my build, the 240 SA beats out the other two, even at a lower level. The FR relic comes in second... again, at a lower level.

Also, when testing both the SA and DV, I could only ever get 4 critical heals while the relics were proc'd... and I could get 4 from both relics repeatedly. The increase in critical chance of the DV relic didn't seem to have a significant chance of granting an additional critical heal over the SA.

Given that Crit is such a good stat these days, is it worth trading out FR or SA for DV? If so, which one should I trade out? Thanks!

I would say it is more viable now. But ultimately, it depends what you want to do. In pvp, I can definitely see some uses for a DV relic over FR, particularly for bursty classes. Absolutely keep the SA relic. There is no "diminishing returns" on Power stat.

Secondly, if 1800 crit is G-spot, you can play around with where you want your crit rating to be when your relic pops. In Gytheran's case, when his DV relic procs, he would be at roughly 2700 crit rating. Is that optimal for a healer? Probably not. If I were him I'd try 800-1000 base crit, and dump the stat points into power & alacrity.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I would say it is more viable now. But ultimately, it depends what you want to do. In pvp, I can definitely see some uses for a DV relic over FR, particularly for bursty classes. Absolutely keep the SA relic. There is no "diminishing returns" on Power stat.

Secondly, if 1800 crit is G-spot, you can play around with where you want your crit rating to be when your relic pops. In Gytheran's case, when his DV relic procs, he would be at roughly 2700 crit rating. Is that optimal for a healer? Probably not. If I were him I'd try 800-1000 base crit, and dump the stat points into power & alacrity.

Bit of a necro here, but yes, if you use the crit relic, you have to basically restructure all your stats around that (you end up with about 300 less crit and you put that in Alacrity). Otherwise it will not be better.

Me, I stick with FA/SR as it lets me respec to dps without any fuss.