Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper/Gunslinger Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Sniper/Gunslinger Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Camelpockets
07.26.2015 , 08:12 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthScruffy View Post
You can even kill anything on a MM as well. However, people tend to notice that sort of thing kind of quickly.
MM is the preferred dueling spec, for sure. But a better Engi player will rip all over a MM player
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

ArcTrooperElite
09.05.2015 , 04:32 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Whojoo View Post
(PvE perspective)
Camel and I have stated multiple times in this thread that Virulence does not need the energy reduction on Takedown.
Both other diciplines do not need it either.
Yes Engineering uses it less, but not every dicipline has to use every single ability we have. Besides Engineering does use Takedown, just as a finisher instead of a filler.

In PvE Snipers are fine, really. The devs just need to find a way to adjust a few things to benefit PvP to keep our PvP'ers happy.
Well i may have overstated my point when I said it "needs" it but Virulence could certainly benefit from the reduced energy cost on TD. Prior to the change to the discipline system the old lethality tree had a skill called Lethal Takedown that allowed they use of TD above 30%. It was the introduction of this that really made pure lethality specs the way to go and saw the old eng/leth hybrid die out. With the new rotations we are required to micromanage energy much more in addition to a longer rotation. I loved old lethality and despise being forced to use basic attack or spec into free overload shot as fillers to maintain energy. I'm suggesting that some form of energy reduction on either TD of Lethal Shot would be a QoS improvement as well as a mild DPS increase since using soft hitting energy friendly fillers wouldn't be required as often.

Camelpockets
09.08.2015 , 04:34 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcTrooperElite View Post
Well i may have overstated my point when I said it "needs" it but Virulence could certainly benefit from the reduced energy cost on TD. Prior to the change to the discipline system the old lethality tree had a skill called Lethal Takedown that allowed they use of TD above 30%. It was the introduction of this that really made pure lethality specs the way to go and saw the old eng/leth hybrid die out. With the new rotations we are required to micromanage energy much more in addition to a longer rotation. I loved old lethality and despise being forced to use basic attack or spec into free overload shot as fillers to maintain energy. I'm suggesting that some form of energy reduction on either TD of Lethal Shot would be a QoS improvement as well as a mild DPS increase since using soft hitting energy friendly fillers wouldn't be required as often.
Just remember that not every fight will translate into a dummy parse, so you shouldn't need too much extra energy outside of Adrenaline Probe and Target Acquired while doing mechanics simultaneously. This is another reason why the change isn't totally necessary from a PvE perspective.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

CycloH
09.12.2015 , 01:26 PM | #64
My two cents: It would be nice if the set bonus could ease the strain of energy management... thanks.
Hexane Jedi Sentinel.
Hxane Sniper.
Vahex Mercenary
Intrepid | Push Harbinger

Lenisirz
11.12.2015 , 11:03 AM | #65
Has there been any change to the set bonus since patch 4.0 came out? Anyone?
Mand'alor, translating from Mandalorian to "Sole Ruler"

Equeliber
11.12.2015 , 11:12 AM | #66
No there were no changes.

P.S. couldn't you go to a vendor and check yourself?

Lenisirz
11.12.2015 , 05:07 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
No there were no changes.

P.S. couldn't you go to a vendor and check yourself?

What do you mean in your P.S., please? There is nowhere in the game where you can look up set bonuses.
Mand'alor, translating from Mandalorian to "Sole Ruler"

Perinator
11.15.2015 , 02:27 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Lenisirz View Post
What do you mean in your P.S., please? There is nowhere in the game where you can look up set bonuses.
He means go to the vender who you would get the gear from and hold curser over the gear and it will show.

JKnightJ
11.19.2015 , 04:00 PM | #69
I think the bonuses are fine as is. The energy restoration from the 4 piece is essential for Saboteurs who generate high APM in fights or where a large amount of AoE is required. Otherwise, I'd recommend leaving well enough alone.
Liira / Selleene - of Aeterna Vigilantia
The Shadowlands

thatguybil
12.04.2016 , 08:50 PM | #70
Well, 5.0 dropped and we have the same set bonus as 3.0. Why ask if you are not going to take action?