Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

deags's Avatar


deags
03.02.2012 , 06:47 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
David Gaider is the best. I wish he had worked on TOR just so we could see him post here.
I love the response, kind sounds like to me that he is saying, i respect your right to voice your opinion but your a wrong and insane for posting this thread repeatability.
Vors, sith assassin of Guild Grievance
www.grievanceguild.com

Nozybidaj's Avatar


Nozybidaj
03.02.2012 , 06:53 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by deags View Post
I love the response, kind sounds like to me that he is saying, i respect your right to voice your opinion but your a wrong and insane for posting this thread repeatability.
I think that was pretty much the gist of it, yeah. In fact, I've never played DA2 after having been disappointed in ME2. I may go buy it and play it just because David is so awesome, I always liked his postings from the forums. I'm certainly not getting anything here from TOR to encourage me to stick around.

MusedMoose's Avatar


MusedMoose
03.02.2012 , 06:55 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsumedai View Post
Yeah, he's not part of the TOR development team. His point about BioWare having the actual numbers on the uptake of SGRAs in their other games carries over pretty well, though, IMO.
Very true. And even though Mr. Gaider isn't one of the TOR devs, TOR is still a BioWare game, and BioWare knows their audience and what they expect. I don't claim to know why SGRs weren't in TOR to begin with, though I do think the "LucasArts said no" explanation is likely. But BioWare Austin has said they'll fix this mistake, and I trust them to do so.

That, and it's always good to see Mr. Gaider's post. Delivery of that kind of verbal smackdown to someone who claimed to speak for a supposed majority is a beautiful thing. While I don't hope to see posts like that OP on these boards once SGRs are officially announced, I do hope the TOR devs will perform as admirably.

emusan's Avatar


emusan
03.02.2012 , 06:57 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsumedai View Post
And this is the key point that the pro-toggle people need to understand. It doesn't matter how many times you say that you're OK with SGRAs being in the game. It doesn't matter how carefully you construct your proposal to give it the appearance of treating OGRAs and SGRAs equally. Because what matters is that it wasn't until the possiblity of SGRAs was raised that anybody started asking for a toggle at all. The fact that it's same-sex content - and only same-sex content - that provokes this reaction tells us everything we need to know.
In all fairness it should be pointed out that there was a request for a flirt prompt toggle before, but it never caught on(only a handful of people were for it, a ton against).

I do have to wonder if people against it then would change their opinion if the idea of same gender content was brought in, I would have to die a little on the inside though .

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.02.2012 , 06:57 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
I think that was pretty much the gist of it, yeah. In fact, I've never played DA2 after having been disappointed in ME2. I may go buy it and play it just because David is so awesome, I always liked his postings from the forums. I'm certainly not getting anything here from TOR to encourage me to stick around.
Dragon Age 2 is given a bad rep from the DA: origins fans just because it isn't about the Warden, the nitpicking is quite funny, I enjoyed DAII just as much as DA:O.

Oh and I highly suggest getting all the Mass Effect games, as well as the Liar of the Shadow Broker and Arrival DLCs for ME2, and i highly recommended romancing Liara T'soni throughout the whole series, she is by long and far the best companion and romance i have ever seen in a video game.

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
03.02.2012 , 06:59 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
I don't claim to know why SGRs weren't in TOR to begin with, though I do think the "LucasArts said no" explanation is likely.
I don't know. That sounds too easy. LucasArts didn't say 'no' to Karen Traviss making a couple of Mandalorians gay.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Nozybidaj's Avatar


Nozybidaj
03.02.2012 , 07:01 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Dragon Age 2 is given a bad rep from the DA: origins fans just because it isn't about the Warden, the nitpicking is quite funny, I enjoyed DAII just as much as DA:O.
That was pretty much the reason I never gave it a second look.

Quote:
Oh and I highly suggest getting all the Mass Effect games, as well as the Liar of the Shadow Broker and Arrival DLCs for ME2, and i highly recommended romancing Liara T'soni throughout the whole series, she is by long and far the best companion and romance i have ever seen in a video game.
Liara was obviously my romance in ME1 (and one of my all time favorite video game characters till they made her all "grimdark"). I'm pretty much done with that series now. ME2 was too "Michael Bay" for my tastes and Kelly just didn't do it for me.

And we are off topic now.... I got my new question all written up, just waiting to post it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
I don't know. That sounds too easy. LucasArts didn't say 'no' to Karen Traviss making a couple of Mandalorians gay.
Nor did they say no to including it in other BW SW games. No, I'm fairly certain the blame for all this lies squarely on BW - Austin's shoulders.

SavageElf's Avatar


SavageElf
03.02.2012 , 07:05 PM | #48
i find whole ideal make so flirt with char that aready put in to game as will ruin relationship player like my self aready have with them. i Like bioware ideal better then i like all your guys suggest because it mean new companion instead change the companion they aready have.

Have guys ever consider the kira, vette,mako , ashara , just are straight. i mean don't tthey choice who they get fall love with. the ideal turn off content when it really bad it like tell you guys your not allow feel that way about lover. Have you ever consider that bioware ideal add new companion add more depth to game instead just recycle all content from male side and apply it female side too. wouldn't more fun to have new companion to romance instead use already use companion. Add more companion make game more interest change companion that you already have and ruin from those who play female char. some us like sister like relation with mako and vette.

your mintory in this game you let bioware be bioware instead force it do what you say

if all companion like male and female that does make those companion pretty dull

i think companion have right feel differently about different genders.
I like the Miraluka. I am terrible sorry in light my infractions i going tried make effect to tried improve myself on not be rude.

Tsumedai's Avatar


Tsumedai
03.02.2012 , 07:06 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
That was pretty much the reason I never gave it a second look.
I had the same concerns, among others. But DA2 actually really surprised me. There's a great deal about it that I could complain about, but nothing that really breaks it, and underneath it all there's an amazing game in there.

Nozybidaj's Avatar


Nozybidaj
03.02.2012 , 07:07 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by SavageElf View Post
u let bioware be bioware
If Bioware (Austin) had been Bioware from the start we all wouldn't be having this conversation.