Design a Companion

ColaWindstar

With hints of a revival for Class stories, it occurs there may even be the possibility of new class companions opening up. But whether or not such is the case is another matter.

In this thread, I want to hear some of your ideas on what would make for a good, original companion (donutsteel!) character for your favorite class(es)? What would be their mechanical role? Their race? Their companion storyline? Any details you can think of, let's here 'em!

To give an example, I had one idea for an Imperial Agent companion that goes something like this...

Overview: The apprentice (I have no name for him) of Lana Beniko, sent to serve/learn under the Imperial Agent due to Lana's own busy schedule and her apprentice being in dire need to learn things like subtlety.

He's a male romancable (because poor fem-agents are stuck with just Vector, also because there aren't enough alien romance options), Sith Pureblood who wields a saberstaff (possibly a melee tank). Hot blooded and headstrong, he favors darkside choices that bring more fights, though he does approve of upholding promises made.

His storyline has him dismissive of the Agent's abilities, certain a non-force user has no knowledge of value, but as you converse and work with him more, he shows a clear growth in admiration for the agent's skills and resourcefulness and eventually that of all non-sith. His storyline concludes with Lana being impressed by his growth and offering him his choice of new positions, he instead opts to stay with the Agent.

For romancing purposes, he's easily taken off guard and some flirt options lose affection as he becomes overwhelmed and flustered.

Welp, hate to bump my own thread but, thought I'd toss up some interesting proposals from the 4chan /vg/ thread:

>SW: A Chiss agent who's basically like a lightsided agent, wanting to do their best to make the Empire a better place for the common citizen.

>Inq: A psychologist assigned by Darth Marr, concerned that his most influential ally is of such questionable sanity.

>All Classes: a toned down version the GSI companion droid, apparently with the big benefit being that it doesn't talk, unlike Treek.

>All Classes: a toned down version the GSI companion droid, apparently with the big benefit being that it doesn't talk, unlike Treek.

I like most of what you've proposed, but thought leaving the GSI droid silent was a missed opportunity.

A droid that is that powerful could have made for some of the funniest commentary since HK-47. I hope BW considers giving him some things to say about what he is stomping over in the future.

Sith Warrior/Inq Companion: Lord Hargrev. He's looks exactly the dude from Oricon because he is the dude from Oricon. He's a force using healer/DPS and is still recovering from being exposed to the dreadful dread dreading that was the Dread Masters. He acts sort of like a Force using Lokin: an experienced guy who's see it all and can give good advice. Players can either continue his redemption into a LS Sith, or convince him to slip back into depravity as a DS Sith--sort of like Jaesa but not so all-or-nothing.

You're going to anyway. If you need to self-bump, maybe that's a hint not that many people are interested in the topic.

This. A lot of this. Not to mention I highly doubt they're going to toss in one new companion, and then have to have a voice actor deliver lines for the entire game to boot. Pretty sure that ship has sailed many moons ago.

Pizza the Hutt. Straight from Spaceballs the Movie.

Yup. He's a BH companion, and he's a tank, his abilities are lob pizza ball, and distract enemies with deliciousness. He is a romance able companion, you flirt by telling him how delicious he is. Another companion can be Barf, for the smug, and his abilities are woof and tail whap. For Inq, they get Dark Helmet, whos abilities are Ludricous Speed and Insanely large helmet. For Agent, they get President Skroob, whos abilities are Pierre-Air(healing) and Mega-Maid. JK gets Dot Matrix, who's basically a reskin of the ship droid, and SW gets Colenel Sanders, whos abilities are Major ***hole and comb the desert. Finally, Consular gets Yogurt, whos abilities are Merchandising and the Schwartz.

These companions all come out in an X-Pack called Revenge of King Roland where the final boss is King Roland.

I doubt there'll be any more class-specific companions added to the game, but as a 'just for fun' exercise here's my thoughts for an interesting all-classes companions, in the vein of HK-51 and Treek:

Basically a cross between Asajj Ventress and Sev'rance Tann:

Mechanically: A Force User DPS (maybe DPS/Tank) companion that is a cross between a Shadow / Assassin and a Sentinel / Marauder. She uses a unique weapon: a pair of lightsabers that can be joined into a saberstaff. Her various moves / attacks and animations have her joining and splitting the sabers as she attacks or defends, using a very acrobatic style. In terms of Stats, she would benefit from both Willpower and Strength, the same way HK-51 benefits from both Aim and Cunning.

Story-wise: A Chiss former Sith Apprentice, who was forced to set off on her own after her Sith Master either (A) betrayed her, forcing her to kill him (not always a reason for an Apprentice to leave the Sith Order, but in her case it could be that either no other Master would take her on or just that she was so disgusted / disillusioned by her Master's betrayal that she set off on her own), or (B) was killed by a rival Sith Lord in the standard cut-throat world of Sith in-fighting. On her own, she falls in with the Player Character as a way to make use of her only marketable skills - her combat prowess - but over the course of her travels with the Player Character:

• Imperial Agents give her a way to continue serving the Empire with some distance from the Sith backstabbing that left her disillusioned.
  • Sith Warriors and Inquisitors give her a new Master, drawing her back into the Sith Order.
  • Bounty Hunters and Smugglers appreciate her talents and give her the opportunity to set out and forge her own destiny.
  • Jedi Knights and Consulars try to redeem her by showing her what the Light Side of the Force has to offer (or if they're Dark Side offer her a use for her talents in service to the Republic / Jedi, allowing her to strike back at the Sith who cast her out).
  • Troopers help her find a new sense of purpose / direction through service to something bigger than herself.

I am up for a new companion. Not some chr that jabbers all the time like Treek. I would rather have intelligent conversation then squeaks and squeals. Half the time Treek sounds like she is getting goosed. They did a good job with Hk. I prefer a tank myself.

Arm our ship droids. Have our ship stolen (And reclaimed), but our droid gets destroyed. Then rebuilt! Give us a choice of bodies (one time event) to emplace the salvaged personality core in. That way we can choose tank/healer/DPS or even enhanced crafting.

This. A lot of this. Not to mention I highly doubt they're going to toss in one new companion, and then have to have a voice actor deliver lines for the entire game to boot. Pretty sure that ship has sailed many moons ago.

Which is not to say that I wouldn't find a new companion entertaining. Perhaps we all would. But, as you say, resources are a major hurdle to overcome.

I would love to have a Sorc/Sage healer/DPS companion that would be of the Jolee Bindo flavor, which would be neither light or dark side. And of course, like Jolee Bindo, it would be one of the funniest/most interesting companions in the game. Edited by btmart

Personally... I'd like a female Jedi/Sith (depending on wether you're pub or imp) universal companion. One like the god droid (tho nowhere near as powerful) who becomes whatever you need at the moment. That way I can shove Asharra, Quinn, & Scourge out the nearest airlock while entering the atmosphere. :D

It would be good if instead of companion customizations we get tokens that allow us to use appearance designer on our existing companions.

Or at least to get new ones that can be put thru appearance designer.

As of abilities - Treek is most used companion no mater the blabs - new ones has to be on par with her or they will remain cosmetic fluff. Actually it may be time all companions to be redesigned on same level.