The sound of the Gray Helix Blaster Pistol

discbox

Once again - a blaster that does not sound like a Star Wars blaster. It does not sound like a blaster at all, no matter what scfi universe.

Why!?

The Star Wars movies had great sound. The Clone Wars has nice sound effects. Most Star Wars games have nice sound. And in SWTOR we get the worst blaster sounds over and over again!

Pfff pfff pfff.

Really disappointing - it was hard work to get this blaster. But I hate it.

The Cartel Market blaster have special sounds, I like! Why is the most mediocre, most common blaster sound in the game used for this very special weapon?

Edited by discbox

Yeah I remember eagerly collecting enough tokens on Tatooine so I could pick up a cool looking blaster at the comms vendor. After swapping mods I think I used it for all of two fights before the mods went back into my original weapon. Not sure why different blasters have to have different sound effects - is it the same for all types of weapons?

Yeah I remember eagerly collecting enough tokens on Tatooine so I could pick up a cool looking blaster at the comms vendor. After swapping mods I think I used it for all of two fights before the mods went back into my original weapon. Not sure why different blasters have to have different sound effects - is it the same for all types of weapons?

Yes, different hilts can have different ignition sounds for light sabers and different rifles can have different blaster sounds etc. For example the Black Nebula Blaster has a deep throaty thud when it fires off vs the higher pitched twang of the other cartel pack blaster (I forget its name ATM).

Edit: By hilts I mean the light saber shell not the hilt mods used to increase damage and stats.

Edited by Hyfy

Yes, different hilts can have different ignition sounds for light sabers and different rifles can have different blaster sounds etc. For example the Black Nebula Blaster has a deep throaty thud when it fires off vs the higher pitched twang of the other cartel pack blaster (I forget its name ATM).

Edit: By hilts I mean the light saber shell not the hilt mods used to increase damage and stats.

Thanks Hyfy...I feel a little less p'd that other classes have to 'suffer' this too.

Thankfully the Gree event blaster looks like a hairdryer so I would only ever have bought it for swapping barrels to different characters. The double-bladed lightsaber looks awesome though, I hope it sounds OK; I hope to use it on a future character.

Blaster Pistols have always the same sound. The sound never change.

Once again - a blaster that does not sound like a Star Wars blaster. It does not sound like a blaster at all, no matter what scfi universe.

The sound is really bad ?? I was thinking buy it..

Edited by chaosmadness

Thanks Hyfy...I feel a little less p'd that other classes have to 'suffer' this too.

Thankfully the Gree event blaster looks like a hairdryer so I would only ever have bought it for swapping barrels to different characters. The double-bladed lightsaber looks awesome though, I hope it sounds OK; I hope to use it on a future character.

The double bladed saber looks great and sounds good IMO.

Blaster Pistols have always the same sound. The sound never change.

The sound is really bad ?? I was thinking buy it..

You would be incorrect. Different blasters DO have different sounds. Try again.

My 2 D-200 Militay Enforcer's never changed the sound and i have them at 1yr~.

Tilt your hat back because this thread sent way over your head. Let me try again for you, if you buy a different set of blaster pistols they will sound different. Go equip dome different blasters fire them off and come back. Like I gave in my example earlier, a black nebula blaster will sound different then your D-200 blasters. Try again.

Let me try again for you, if you buy a different set of blaster pistols they will sound different. Go equip dome different blasters fire them off and come back. Like I gave in my example earlier, a black nebula blaster will sound different then your D-200 blasters. Try again.

Seems u dont understood the meaning of my post dude.

I said the SAME blaster have the SAME sound, not the all blasters in the game have the same sound :rolleyes:..

u are funny but not smart, soz

try again ;)

Edited by chaosmadness

Thankfully the Gree event blaster looks like a hairdryer so I would only ever have bought it for swapping barrels to different characters.

LOL... I thought the same exact thing about that silly hairdryer. :D

And it would just be wrong if your hairdryer made classic SW blaster sounds when you click the trigger. :p

My 2 D-200 Militay Enforcer's never changed the sound and i have them at 1yr~.

You must now go back three squares, as you completely missed what was said. :)

Different blasters, like different sabers, can and do have different sound effects tied to them. Your statement makes it sound like you thought the OP said different barrels changed the sound effect (which by the way would be a cool solution to the OPs problem, but it's not how things work in game at this time).

Seems u dont understood the meaning of my post dude.

I said the SAME blaster have the SAME sound, not the all blasters in the game have the same sound :rolleyes:..

u are funny but not smart, soz

try again ;)

It was pretty obvious by my first post that I was talking about different types of blasters having different sounds hence in my first post talking about the Black Nebula blaster sound vs the higher pitched twang from the other cartel pack blaster that the name eludes me still (Range hunter maybe???). I have been since the beginning referring to different types of blasters and not two of the same kind as you incorrectly tried implying. Sorry but if you are going to try and correct me you might want make sure you understand what you are reading first. Try again.

OMG:D:D I nearly choked on my sandwich reading that. Funniest thing I've read today.:D

That was supposed to of been went, but it seemed my phone thought sent was better. Either way it still seems to work.

• 6 years later...