Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

This is a joke


omeru's Avatar


omeru
06.24.2019 , 04:51 PM | #1
Ok same *********** players are wintrading and throwing and as always BW does nothing. Next week MikeBradley will post June pvp report and he will tell his lies how they banned wintraders and cheaters but ofcourse it is all just a stunt as always they will do nothing since this ******es are doing it for a long time.

They created new mail to report cheaters and as always nothing changed because same people are gonna take action and they are just gonna ignore as always and will post we banned them for 1 week and we will see cheaters in queue next day with all their rating on.

They created a *********** retarded queue system and they dont even trying to fix it. They are the worst developer team i have ever seen, that *********** queue system is just kindergarden level.

THIS GAME NEEDS REAL GAME DEVELOPERS. And Musco claims they have a combat team what a joke.

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
06.24.2019 , 09:48 PM | #2
At the end of the day you just have to accept and move on...

I see too much raging here about this age old subject in PVP forums about this topic.

Be realistic, man. This wintrading has been around for how many years now ? Do you really think they can do anything about it ? I think not.....

Ranked is about queing.. getting the rewards you want and moving on. It will never be fair, it cannot be fair...

Peace.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
06.24.2019 , 10:22 PM | #3
As I said before I am not aiming for any top spots, I just play the game, its the best you can do. Playing ranked is something different, its not a NiM ops which has a set number of mechanics and rules, which once learned can be done over and over. Ranked and PVP in total offers a huge variety of possible outcomes. You can learn something new everyday, you can have simple easy matches, but also stale mates or very very close calls. Its probably the best thrill you can have in this game. Thats why I play it, not for the top spots or recognition by someone i dont know, but for the fun of it!

As to the topic, wintrading was, is and will be part of the game. The only question is how BW is able to manage it. Eventhough they are monitoring it now, things go through, but most importantly many already got through, the spots are already taken people dont bother anymore cause their spots cannot be challenged so they dont need to move a finger and will get their rewards......
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68815

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
06.25.2019 , 03:37 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
At the end of the day you just have to accept and move on...

I see too much raging here about this age old subject in PVP forums about this topic.

Be realistic, man. This wintrading has been around for how many years now ? Do you really think they can do anything about it ? I think not.....

Ranked is about queing.. getting the rewards you want and moving on. It will never be fair, it cannot be fair...

Peace.
All of this pretty much. ^

As long as people keep supporting the old rating/ELO scoring system which has been proven to be corrupt and impossible to properly monitor to curtail said corruption the present ranked system is what we will get.

I also think anyone that refuses to consider changing the ELO rating system to any other type of score system are either corrupt themselves or simply have had the best possible luck ever in avoiding wintraders, match-droppers, and any other fairly common methods used to manipulate the ELO scores.

Those not in the loop seem to underestimate just how important top 3 titles and all those type of achievements are that are gained via ranked, maybe even I have underestimated it too.

I don't know if a lot of money is involved, or if it's just some weird nerdly pride that drives some of these players to feel obligated to cheat to get these coveted ranked pixel prizes.

Whatever it is, we have a large enough cabal of cheaters manipulating the system for their own personal gain that it ruins the contest for any half legit player wanting to participate.

As long as BW keeps this score system in place, players can bank on seeing continued corrupt behavior which completely compromises the ranked game mode.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
06.25.2019 , 08:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
All of this pretty much. ^

As long as people keep supporting the old rating/ELO scoring system which has been proven to be corrupt and impossible to properly monitor to curtail said corruption the present ranked system is what we will get.

I also think anyone that refuses to consider changing the ELO rating system to any other type of score system are either corrupt themselves or simply have had the best possible luck ever in avoiding wintraders, match-droppers, and any other fairly common methods used to manipulate the ELO scores.

Those not in the loop seem to underestimate just how important top 3 titles and all those type of achievements are that are gained via ranked, maybe even I have underestimated it too.

I don't know if a lot of money is involved, or if it's just some weird nerdly pride that drives some of these players to feel obligated to cheat to get these coveted ranked pixel prizes.

Whatever it is, we have a large enough cabal of cheaters manipulating the system for their own personal gain that it ruins the contest for any half legit player wanting to participate.

As long as BW keeps this score system in place, players can bank on seeing continued corrupt behavior which completely compromises the ranked game mode.
Yeah.. you are really aggressive with this remove ELO thing of yours and you might be right, but you really think they gonna invest resources into remaking the way players are rated ?

The community is very tiny. The same people que all the time. On Darth Malgus 50% of the que is one guild only... So what makes you think they will invest in game mode that only like 3% of the current active playerbase plays ?

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
06.25.2019 , 05:38 PM | #6
the problem is matchmaking not ELO. go away with the ELO argument. ELO will always be imperfect. It's like poll data.
the only thing you can really do to improve ELO is to lengthen the requirement for games played before first rating. beyond that, no individual rating will ever be accurate in a TEAM game.

matchmaking can be massively improved with class stacking, the whole way grps are composed (mixed ratings). basically, all things that will slow pops, which is anathema to BW. also keeping players with fewer than 20-50 games in the same matches. again, this will all lengthen queue times, so it will prolly not happen. but these are the real solutions. if you throw, you drop rating until you're out of the top tier matches and therefore cannot affect top 3. it polices itself MUCH better than this observe and report system (which you still should do, of course).
Krack

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.25.2019 , 06:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
the problem is matchmaking not ELO. go away with the ELO argument. ELO will always be imperfect. It's like poll data.
the only thing you can really do to improve ELO is to lengthen the requirement for games played before first rating. beyond that, no individual rating will ever be accurate in a TEAM game.

matchmaking can be massively improved with class stacking, the whole way grps are composed (mixed ratings). basically, all things that will slow pops, which is anathema to BW. also keeping players with fewer than 20-50 games in the same matches. again, this will all lengthen queue times, so it will prolly not happen. but these are the real solutions. if you throw, you drop rating until you're out of the top tier matches and therefore cannot affect top 3. it polices itself MUCH better than this observe and report system (which you still should do, of course).
Imagine if Bioware had worked the matchmaking years ago so there was quality over pop times. There would be many more people still playing and pop times would probably be better due to more balanced and quality games,

Bioware have always had this absolutely stupid philosophy that pop speed is better than quality. This has driven just as many or more people away from pvp as slower pops. Eventually the quality is so **** that pop speed mean nothing if people stop playing.

I’ve given up on pvp for the meantime. Something I thought I’d never do. I just can’t bring myself to play it in this game anymore because it’s such a joke at all lvls. So as far as the pvp queue goes, they’ve lost another pvper from it all because of the stupid matchmaking in both ranked and regs.
That and the demise of lowbies, Mids and the garbage that is regs, has made me abandon pvp. I’ve not stepped foot into into it for a month, except to play one last lowbie match to get a weekly finished.

I think I’m done. I’ve broken my pvp addiction because it was unhealthy how upset and angry I would get during and after a pvp session. I’ve a few Alts I want to finally finish the story on and some achievements, rep and personal goals I want. After that, I guess I’ll unsub when classic WoW is released because I can’t see 6.0 fixing any of the things that have made me stop playing pvp.

VaceDemon's Avatar


VaceDemon
06.25.2019 , 06:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
the problem is matchmaking not ELO. go away with the ELO argument. ELO will always be imperfect. It's like poll data.
the only thing you can really do to improve ELO is to lengthen the requirement for games played before first rating. beyond that, no individual rating will ever be accurate in a TEAM game.

matchmaking can be massively improved with class stacking, the whole way grps are composed (mixed ratings). basically, all things that will slow pops, which is anathema to BW. also keeping players with fewer than 20-50 games in the same matches. again, this will all lengthen queue times, so it will prolly not happen. but these are the real solutions. if you throw, you drop rating until you're out of the top tier matches and therefore cannot affect top 3. it polices itself MUCH better than this observe and report system (which you still should do, of course).
Actually, elo is a huge part of the problem. The life support population this game has had, the system is easily manipulated and basically encourages cheating. It's not just matchmaking, but the elo system too.
Game is memes xd

VaceDemon's Avatar


VaceDemon
06.25.2019 , 06:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
At the end of the day you just have to accept and move on...

I see too much raging here about this age old subject in PVP forums about this topic.

Be realistic, man. This wintrading has been around for how many years now ? Do you really think they can do anything about it ? I think not.....

Ranked is about queing.. getting the rewards you want and moving on. It will never be fair, it cannot be fair...

Peace.
It's not that they can't do anything about it, it's that they clearly won't. They want to avoid perma banning in any which way they can, no matter how it looks or what it takes, all because of money. They ban the cheaters, they lose revenue. It sucks.
Game is memes xd

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.25.2019 , 07:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by VaceDemon View Post
It's not that they can't do anything about it, it's that they clearly won't. They want to avoid perma banning in any which way they can, no matter how it looks or what it takes, all because of money. They ban the cheaters, they lose revenue. It sucks.
Problem is it’s probably causing more legitimate people to leave than banning those few who cheat. They are practically throwing money out the door by supporting these cheaters.
If they had the opposite policy, I’m sure more people would have confidence they give a **** and would stay even when things aren’t always perfect.
So at the end of the day, their scramble to keep the small amount of revenue they get from not banning the cheaters is actually losing them more players and more money. It’s not logical.
But then again, who ever said Bioware follow any logic with so much of what they do. Half the time it feels like headless chickens running the asylum and dishing out rat poison instead of meds.