Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healers don't belong in PvP, at least nerf this OP garbage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Healers don't belong in PvP, at least nerf this OP garbage

Storm-Cutter
06.20.2019 , 08:03 AM | #21
Just wondering does anyone think DPS uptime will improve without healers?

IDK about anyone else, but mostly my DPS ( damage per second) is likely to drop if I'm cornered, and die and have to respawn.

I'd recommend for OP to PVP as a healer and see if they still think the same, - Self healing is relatively simple against an average DPS in a 1-0n-1 fight, however it's more about keeping your team alive as well as yourself - and actually playing the objectives that wins Regs.

Things do need tweaking here and there and the maps possibly changing to reflect a lot of the self-sustaining and shift in dynamics. - Granted.

overall though as a DPS, you should ideally always be focussing on whichever enemy your team-mates are targeting - and paying attention to multiple healers, CCs, breaking CC and all the rest.

Numbers don't always win matches. But intelligent team-work usually does.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Cherepk
06.20.2019 , 09:40 AM | #22
It is really hard to kill good healer, especially if one in 258 but it doesn't mean they don't belong in PVP or OP. But it would be nice to see more healing reducing effects from more classes. Similar to what sniper has.

TrixxieTriss
06.20.2019 , 09:52 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainObvius View Post
I really enjoy how everyone agrees you need to 'play as a team' and focus the healer in order to kill him.

Do you have to 'play as a team' to kill tanks?

Nope.

Do you have to 'play as a team' to kill dps?

Nope.

But you need to play as a team and focus to kill a healer.

Yep, balanced!
Actually it is sometimes possible to eventually kill a healer solo. You just need to use your brains and be patient. Of course if the healer is better than you, then you won’t kill them, but that goes with anyone you play against.

It’s better if you can just take them out of action.

At the end of the day, the idea is to win the match. If it’s regs, then you don’t actually need to kill the healer, you can just neutralise them. If it’s ranked, then you should already know how to deal with the situation, the same as everyone else in ranked does

TrixxieTriss
06.20.2019 , 11:18 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
Numbers alone don't win matches, intelligent team-work usually does.
Let me just tweak that a little.

foxmob
06.20.2019 , 01:16 PM | #25
are ppl really taking this guy's nerf posts seriously?
Krack

Amaste
06.20.2019 , 01:40 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
It hurts the brain.
Leguim, Dück, Neck Rope

Stop Resisting

CaptainObvius
06.20.2019 , 07:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
You know almost every other game out there has done something so healers can't just sit there and heal spam away right?

WoW added diminishing returns (which IMHO should be here as well).

GW2 put a serious hurt on healing skills limiting them very harshly with long cooldowns because in GW1 you ended up with a LOT of stalemates where people just sat there not able to kill one another. I had a 1on1 with a guy in GW1 once that lasted 30 minutes. Neither of us could kill the other.

We ended up just sitting there till the other eventually got bored and left.

3 hours and some odd minutes later he left. I had nothing better to do.

Blade and Soul doesn't even HAVE healers.

Tera has healers but the dps is so high in that game you can wreck people in just a few hits if you break their defenses making for a very fun and exciting PvP match, when it isn't lagging to crap.

ESO healers arne't near as strong as the healers here in comparison to DPS. You can quite easily kill someone even if they just sit there spamming heals on themselves all day. Healing there is more what healing was meant to be. A supplement to reverse damage like a shield or a dodge. Not an ability to spam heals all day.

The only ones that don't seem to be taking this seriously at all is SWTOR. And I find it rather entertaining you all seem to think it's fine the way it is because it's the ONLY game with it is the way it is and it's also the LOWEST populated game of the above listed games.

Coincidence?

TrixxieTriss
06.20.2019 , 07:52 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainObvius View Post
You know almost every other game out there has done something so healers can't just sit there and heal spam away right?
LMAO. Heal spam. Have you ever tried to play a healer? I suggest you try.

If people let a healer spam and free cast heals, that’s on them for being crap players. Which most are these days.

What you should be complaining about is people not focusing or shutting healers down, NOT asking for healers to be nerfed because people need to learn to play.

The_X
06.21.2019 , 12:23 AM | #29
L2P!! Thats the major issue with the entire game. BW throwing out max level characters that noobs jump on and don't even have half their abilities slotted, and then cry about level 70 PVP. LoL

Benirons
06.21.2019 , 12:38 AM | #30
Would love to hear how u guys kill a sorc healer that knows how to kite and run around. They r impossible to shut down w/ interrupts good job u inted innervate, it does next to nothing.

Other 2 r a different story cause they cant do much on the move, so they have to stand there and take it.

That said, there really should be a max limit of like 2 healers per side in a reg 8v8. Anything more and stuff just does not die which makes for a really really boring experience.