Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP Suggestion: Revising Electro Net

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Suggestion: Revising Electro Net

SlimeyDoom's Avatar


SlimeyDoom
06.06.2019 , 06:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Ironically, I've perfectly understood your point but you still haven't understood mine. Group ranked pvp (ie, trinity comp pvp) no longer exists for all practical purposes, so it makes very little sense to balance pvp around a game type that is no longer played. It doesn't matter what the original design philosophy was or that group ranked is the "purest" form of the trinity comp, whatever that means. Bioware should be able to recognize that regs and solos are all that matter now, and they should balance with those facts in mind.

The net nerfs that Hottie proposed would be most welcome in those game types and would lead to much more fun and balanced game play. And the great part is, there would be no downside to nerfing net, because no one is playing group ranked anyway. And the fact that the devs are highly unlikely to add unique mats to group ranked again (they said as much in the ama), there's no reason to think group ranked won't stay dead. Do you understand now? If not, I probably can't help you.
Here are some group ranked streams from the past few days since you have so much trouble finding people that are doing it.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/434529191
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/434966461
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/435465762
There's even someone streaming group ranked as I post this...

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, please look around the thread and notice how literally everyone but you acknowledges that trinity comps, not solo ranked, are the basis for SWTOR pvp. By your logic, we should just delete tank and heals from the game because 4dps solo ranked is all that matters. I'm not going to argue anymore with someone who thinks the whole world is wrong and he is right.

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
06.06.2019 , 06:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
Here are some group ranked streams from the past few days since you have so much trouble finding people that are doing it.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/434529191
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/434966461
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/435465762
There's even someone streaming group ranked as I post this...

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, please look around the thread and notice how literally everyone but you acknowledges that trinity comps, not solo ranked, are the basis for SWTOR pvp. By your logic, we should just delete tank and heals from the game because 4dps solo ranked is all that matters. I'm not going to argue anymore with someone who thinks the whole world is wrong and he is right.
You're a rather silly person. The numbers from the leaderboards for solos vs granked are there for all to see lol

SlimeyDoom's Avatar


SlimeyDoom
06.06.2019 , 06:55 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
You're a rather silly person. The numbers from the leaderboards for solos vs granked are there for all to see lol
I like how that's the part you focus on, not the whole point about the game not being based on 4dps v 4dps solo ranked. You're so remarkably good at ignoring the point, it's almost like you're doing it on purpose. I’m going to post, yet again, why trinity comps matter when thinking of balance. Do try to read and comprehend it this time.

“You might be noticing that I bring up group ranked in discussions. Why is that? Well, group ranked is the purest form of the trinity comp, which this whole game is based on. Operations are supposed to be two trinity comps. Flashpoints were designed for trinity comps. Even pvp was designed around the idea of trinity comps. Whenever all three roles are available, the solo ranked match maker arranges them into trinity comps. What does this mean, I wonder? It’s almost as though the whole game is based on trinity comps, and any balance changes should be based on them! Groundbreaking!

Now why should balance consider trinity comps? Well, if you make dps classes able to survive without the aid of a tank and healer, when you put tanks and heals into the matches, nothing will ever die. A dps that doesn’t have a tank and a healer should die if they get netted over and over. If a dps can survive that without any outside help, then they will be immortal with a guard and a healer. This is why group ranked and trinity comps are relevant.”

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
06.06.2019 , 07:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
I like how that's the part you focus on, not the whole point about the game not being based on 4dps v 4dps solo ranked. You're so remarkably good at ignoring the point, it's almost like you're doing it on purpose.
I live in reality. Group ranked is dead, and therefore irrelevant to any discussion about pvp balance. If group ranked ever revives and becomes remotely relevant again, then you may have a point.

SlimeyDoom's Avatar


SlimeyDoom
06.06.2019 , 07:04 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
I live in reality. Group ranked is dead, and therefore irrelevant to any discussion about pvp balance. If group ranked ever revives and becomes remotely relevant again, then you may have a point.
Group ranked might not be as active as solo ranked, but trinity comps are the corner stone of swtor balance. You can say “hurrdurr but solo ranked so much players” all you want, that’s just how the game works.

Also, who even are you? You’re not a top tier ranked player, because I would know you. What are your characters and their rating? I’d love to see them as you seem to think you just know better than the entire swtor community

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
06.06.2019 , 07:20 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
Also, who even are you? You’re not a top tier ranked player, because I would know you. What are your characters and their rating? I’d love to see them as you seem to think you just know better than the entire swtor community
Awww how cute. We've finally made it to the edgy part where you claim to be relevant and that I'm irrelevant right? People like you are so predictable really, though it did take us a bit longer to get here than I thought it would.

SlimeyDoom's Avatar


SlimeyDoom
06.06.2019 , 07:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Awww how cute. We've finally made it to the edgy part where you claim to be relevant and that I'm irrelevant right? People like you are so predictable really, though it did take us a bit longer to get here than I thought it would.
Me: Here are all these reasons trinity comps are important in deciding balance in this game
JediMasterAlex: Group ranked is dead I'm right you're stupid haha

Me: Ok, well group ranked isn't actually dead, here are some streams from just the past few days that show matches going on. Anyway, back to the point, trinity comps are important in regards to balance.
JediMasterAlex: Haha nope group ranked dead I'm right ur all wrong because I said so

Me: Ok, like I said before, that's not the point, please note that trinity comps are important. What are you qualifications to be making these claims by the way? I'm a group ranked player from the top North American team, and nim raider with alot of experience with the endgame pvp/pve content in this game. What are your qualifications?
JediMasterAlex: Omg you asked me to provide proof that I actually know what I'm talking about rather than just spewing nonsense on the forums, YOU'RE EDGY!!!!!

Please stop trying to talk to me, I prefer people who I can have logical debates with.

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
06.06.2019 , 07:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
Me: Here are all these reasons trinity comps are important in deciding balance in this game
JediMasterAlex: Group ranked is dead I'm right you're stupid haha

Me: Ok, well group ranked isn't actually dead, here are some streams from just the past few days that show matches going on. Anyway, back to the point, trinity comps are important in regards to balance.
JediMasterAlex: Haha nope group ranked dead I'm right ur all wrong because I said so

Me: Ok, like I said before, that's not the point, please note that trinity comps are important. What are you qualifications to be making these claims by the way? I'm a group ranked player from the top North American team, and nim raider with alot of experience with the endgame pvp/pve content in this game. What are your qualifications?
JediMasterAlex: Omg you asked me to provide proof that I actually know what I'm talking about rather than just spewing nonsense on the forums, YOU'RE EDGY!!!!!

Please stop trying to talk to me, I prefer people who I can have logical debates with.
Unhinged babble is my favorite! Please, continue. You're really helping your case.

SlimeyDoom's Avatar


SlimeyDoom
06.06.2019 , 07:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Unhinged babble is my favorite! Please, continue. You're really helping your case.
Whatever makes you happy buddy

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
06.06.2019 , 07:38 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
People don't play team ranked because they don't want to lose 50 times to get the mats.. That is too painful and annoyingly long.

Mat farming kept team ranked alive as decent teams were queing and getting matched vs each other.
the PvE route is easier for master work. the PvP route is "easier" for monumental. but that's just the mat farmers in both formats.

Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
if you make dps classes able to survive without the aid of a tank and healer, when you put tanks and heals into the matches, nothing will ever die. A dps that doesn’t have a tank and a healer should die if they get netted over and over. If a dps can survive that without any outside help, then they will be immortal with a guard and a healer. This is why group ranked and trinity comps are relevant.
I don't think that's how he put it before, but it's very very true.

you kinda have to ignore the condescension.
Krack