Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Brief Server Maintenance: April 11th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Brief Server Maintenance: April 11th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AllisonLightning
04.11.2017 , 07:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_strikes View Post
Thank you Eric for relaying this to the devs. I really like this event and wish it could stay indefinitely. To be frank, it really should. It's nice to be able to level only doing PvP and not feeling like your leveling at a snail's pace.
Agreed. I love PvP and quite frankly would rather just do that for some characters. Not every character I make is for other stuff as well.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

ivanhedgehog
04.11.2017 , 07:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Amodin View Post
Let's not. The lack of planning in this game is next to absurd. It goes right along with the level of quality control the game has dwindled down to - right next to the litter box.
They delayed the patch a week for quality control. I am about as far from being a bw fan as possible, but this decision
is quality control. got to be fair on that point.

Vember
04.11.2017 , 07:54 AM | #13
ESO has a large expansion with a new class coming in June. BW needs to get their **** together.

tmknight
04.11.2017 , 08:01 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_strikes View Post
I really like this event and wish it could stay indefinitely. To be frank, it really should. It's nice to be able to level only doing PvP and not feeling like your leveling at a snail's pace.
I agree. This far into SWTOR, 250% xp should be permanent.

EricMusco
04.11.2017 , 08:02 AM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Servers are now live with the event running. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
04.11.2017 , 08:11 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We will be performing a brief server maintenance starting around 8AM Central / 6AM Pacific this morning. We expect this maintenance to last approximately 1 hour. This maintenance is to extend the XP / CXP event until April 18th. There will not be a patch to download.

Date: Today, April 11th
Time: 6AM Pacific
Maintenance: Should last around 1 hour
Patch: No patch, but this will extend the XP / CXP event until 4/18.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Well done Eric. Thank you for the update. I'm glad you guys figured out how to keep the event going.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Quraswren
04.11.2017 , 08:27 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
They delayed the patch a week for quality control.
On this I think you are very wrong. They are delaying the patch because it will have bugs and they know it. They also know that if it got released today, they are also heading out of town for SW Celebration and no one will be around to do anything for a week when those bugs/issues are found out.

Patch pushed back because of SW Celebration and no one in office to handle the problems that are sure to be there.

Quote:
I am about as far from being a bw fan as possible, but this decision
is quality control. got to be fair on that point.
This patch push back isn't so much for quality control. More like so they don't have to worry so much being out of the office the week after it launches.

When asked, "Are you confident enough in your patch work to launch the patch and then be gone for nearly 5 days?" and the conclusion is, let push the patch back till we get back in office. I think you know what the answer was.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

JediRelentless
04.11.2017 , 08:29 AM | #18
Conflicting reports regarding if the bonus is active .

EricMusco
04.11.2017 , 08:33 AM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRelentless View Post
The bonus is not active.
Just a reminder in case it was missed. The event is not going to show as active on your XP bar like it did previously, but you will still receive the multiplier when killing enemies and completing Missions.

If you think the bonus isn't working, please let me know what server you are on and what zone you were in at the time.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JediRelentless
04.11.2017 , 08:41 AM | #20
Thanks Eric.