Combat Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

Not quite sure how I feel about the universal companion ability changes. It will be convenient for those who wish to play their companion of choice in any role, but I'm not clear on exactly how the new abilities will work. If all companion abilities are determined by weapon type, does that mean we'll be losing fun unique companion abilities like Holiday on Theran, rakghoul mode for Dr. Lokin, or Khem Val's lightning punch? Hope not...:confused:

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I like the idea of Level Sync, because it makes it so you can level with a friend that is starting a new character without having to start a new one yourself. It would be nice to be able to turn it off. Like when you arrive at a planet you make a choice on activating the lvl sync or not, and you can't change it until you leave again. Mainly for something like trying to get a datacron on an earlier planet, it would be nice to be able to ignore some of the mobs while attempting some of the tricky jumps that getting the datacron involves.

It seems to me that the" level sync = fairness" crowd is saying that it is fair to weaken a, say 65 Jedi Shadow, when s/he goes back to Nar Shadaa to run a dungeon/grab a missed holocron/etc, completely negating all the time the player spent build up that char's power. Yes, I understand these people view this argument as someone saying "I should keep my power, it's the status quo" but in truth, isn't it UN-fair to whack someone with a nerf bat (even if it's temporary) just because they're stronger than what's around them?

To put it a different way - I currently own a laptop, a desktop, and a tablet. So when I go to a friend's for an overnight LAN party and I bring all 3: the tablet for remoting in to work if I get an emergency IT call, my laptop for me, my desktop for the server; should I not be allowed to use my laptop at all b/c my friend hasn't saved up enough to buy one yet? Or maybe I should turn off 2 or more of my CPU's cores or take out some of my ram because my machines are faster? Because that's what the "fairness" argument sound like to me.

At the end of the day, it's EA / Lucasarts / Disney / Bioware's game, and they'll do whatever they want. I'm not going to drop my sub if they make level sync mandatory, but once all my chars are max level and done with the story quests? Well, I may just go back to being preferred status, b/c I'm not going to pay a monthly fee to sit in my stronghold (that's why I left WoW and Wildstar).

Edited by Murgren
spelling and punctuation

Back to grouping again for heroics I guess, Level 60's being scaled down for a planet you are on.. I'm starting to think about forgetting conquest as you'll always be looking for someone to do it with. Defeats the purpose of getting to level 60. Come back and do conquest because you can do it easily. Now come back to do it and you get pushed back down to planet level.

I get my toons to 60 for a reason, not to have them pushed back down because they go back for conquest on a low level planet.

Why do they have different roles to begin with? F.e. if I want to play a tank, I choose this willingly to sustain more damage.

If you play tank to sustain more damage, You're Doing It Wrong.

You play tank to withstand more incoming damage by sustaining fewer points of damage. (Damage reduction, absorption-by-shield, high defence rating causing enemies to miss a lot, etc.)

And yes, on my guardian when I switched to Kira, I eventually got smart and switched myself to the tank spec.

And then later on I got Doc and stayed tank. (Makes combat go slowly, a bit, but like Elara, Doc is reasonably potent as an off-dps.)

I'm sure they may come up with an idea, GW2 has a way to prevent this, though I can't remember what.

I never saw any evidence of that. I wandered round Queensdale on a 80 Guardian a couple of months ago, and I was getting mucho XP for killing level 3-4 mobs, and level 75+ drops from them. Exploration XP and heart-completion XP scale up with your level, so I don't see how they prevent you from getting level 80 with vaguely reasonable gear, and yet not get out of sight of the quarry and the spider orchard.

Not quite sure how I feel about the universal companion ability changes. It will be convenient for those who wish to play their companion of choice in any role, but I'm not clear on exactly how the new abilities will work. If all companion abilities are determined by weapon type, does that mean we'll be losing fun unique companion abilities like Holiday on Theran, rakghoul mode for Dr. Lokin, or Khem Val's lightning punch? Hope not...:confused:

Those abilities are a lot less unique than you think. Look at the tooltips sometime and compare them to the same slot in the ability bar of another class companion with the same role and power type (tech/force). Dr. Lokin is a little weird in that his DPS stance makes him mDPS; all the other healers are rDPS for their DPS stance. I dont have access to Dr Lokin to compare, and rDPS- and mDPS-main-role companions have notably different power sets. mTank and rTank comps, OTOH, have very similar power sets.

Back to grouping again for heroics I guess

Totally no need. A 60 even in crap gear, while under Sync, can literally own any Heroic on the planet. Stated this many times throughout this thread. It's been demonstrated on video as well. Trust me you will not have any issues at all with soloing Heroics while under Sync.

Totally no need. A 60 even in crap gear, while under Sync, can literally own any Heroic on the planet. Stated this many times throughout this thread. It's been demonstrated on video as well. Trust me you will not have any issues at all with soloing Heroics while under Sync.

Specifically, you still have the entire array of L60/L65 skills, AC abilities, and utilities; and your skills are still at the full power level (remember, when you level up, not only do you possibly get new skills, powers, and utilities, but your existing skills get more powerful as well). Even with your end-product (character+gear) stats being synced, you still have more power and options than someone "naturally" at that level.

BW is doing a lot, to attract new and old/returning players with KOTFE......but they have quite nothing to offer to people who stayed with this game for years now.

those gamers have already done every Quest / FP / OP more than just once.

and now?

after ~20 hours of story-gameplay?

they can do it again.....

but this time its more "challenging", thanks to lvl-sync and OP's getting upgraded to lvl 65.......... :-|

having BW's statement in mind, to offer new story-content on a monthly base, it's hard to believe they will be capable of creating new endgame-content too......doing ~1-2 hours of new story content for 8 different classes in only 1 month is taking time (assumed this story-content should be more than just a bad joke).

so i don't really think that we see some new FP's / OP's / Planets or whatever as long as the story-chapters get published, since BW won't have enough time to do something else, except story and some minor bug-fixing.

having a hard time killing low-lvl mobs now is no challenge (it never was), nor will it be interesting if you have to fight the same mob every 5 feet....presenting this as a great challenge for veteran-players is a joke.

in all those years, when BW changed or added something that the overall community didn't want / like, nothing happend.

there was a lot of flaming, but in the end everyone kept paying them.

so it's no surprise that BW thinks they can offer nothing to current players and soley focus on attracting new ones, if the community will, in the end, just accept it.

at least that's my current point of view :-|

(sorry for grammar, i'm not the best in english ^^)

Specifically, you still have the entire array of L60/L65 skills, AC abilities, and utilities; and your skills are still at the full power level (remember, when you level up, not only do you possibly get new skills, powers, and utilities, but your existing skills get more powerful as well). Even with your end-product (character+gear) stats being synced, you still have more power and options than someone "naturally" at that level.

Excellent points that I completely forgot to mention as well :)

There is no real meaning of LEVEL if "planet sync" is on. Really.

I dont think that you will fix quest lines for smuggler and consular (for instance) where we have to encounter elite mobs who are damn hard to kill when you are at same level as they are.

You making our companions weak, indistinguishable from each other (if any of them can be dd/heal/tank so what the purpose of having them different? Just give us stack of C2-N2 protocol droids and voila.. oh, i forgot, you can't customize droids) and REALY uncustomizable (changing only appearance.. WHAT? I used expertise gear on my HK and now.. he is just lost his meaning... can I sell him back now?)

Guys, srsly, DONT DO THAT. You will lose older experienced players. Many of them are subs (me including). Its good that you warning us about incoming changes and its bad that these changes are like castration - you making not an additional content, but you removing content!

I love this game because of its complexity. And you making another "Tetris" from it.

Planet Level Sync = bad idea without it being an option to turn on & off

What about players that like running solo ? Elite mobs, Heroics, gathering back logged mats.Sound like you are trying to force players to group up.............Forcing Player to do stuff = less $ in your pocket because they will move on to another game. I left LOTRO for doing the same kind of things and spending around of $900 on the game I got email asking me to come back.....I said sorry you dumb down the game , so I came back to swtor now I have $ tucked aside to see what DEVs are going to do about changes that THE PLAYERS don't want.

We didn't ask for

1.Planet Level Sync

2.Weekly Heroics

3. Change Compans around so they can dps/heal/tank as we see fit. You are drop the Lore of our Compans which a lot of us love.

4. A stupid Icon by your name to show you done 4 class on each side......Who cares about showing off titles and icon ? Doesn't help you DPS,Tank/Heal any better.

5. Buy a level 60 .......real smart let a bunch of noobs run around that don't know how to play their class.

REm the phrase " You must learn to walk before you run" you guys must have forgot about that.

6.Not being able to go back to other story lines really so all the time you took to make missions,story lines , NCPs and time just get tossed out the window. I pay to play so We want to go where We when We want.

7.Changing Basic/Elite/Ultimate to Common/Glowing/Radiant data crystals ? Why good like the they are. ( how much time was wasted on that ?)

8.Group finder changes good for dps but low level healz and tanks will get left outy in the cold , not picking you you low tank & heals but think about a Level 25 tank will not have the all the skills need to hold agro.So a high level tank and healz will be needed to run the Flashpoint correctly.

9.KotFE chapter interface ...again a lack of fund ? Guess DEVS where busy make changes they thought we didn't need and want new planet to fly to .........WE DO WANT NEW PLANETS.

Only 2 good thing coming out of this is the Stat change.Now gearing will be simple and everyone will be near the same.Thought there still may be players that will put on Tanking stuff.

Other is the filters for Collections, at least now we won't have to spend time wondering where that armor set we bought is.

One thing that DEVS keep forgetting to do is make a Global chat channel.We need this so badly it's not funny. No one wants to spend hours wiating on the fleet to group with ppl , let us roam around collecting mats, kill mobs, running dailies across the galaxy and be able to see grouping in a global chat.

Synching level is actually good thing, since my character is pretty much always about 5 levels from the current planet's level range and it's dull.

For companions..it's probably good thing to simplify things since no longer has to choose companion equipment from every possible mission. Also if you liked certain companion and want to progress relationship with your character, then you don't have to switch between them, like I do when the situation calls it.

And simplifying brings more potential new subs. Just my two cents

If you play tank to sustain more damage, You're Doing It Wrong. You play tank to withstand more incoming damage by sustaining fewer points of damage. (Damage reduction, absorption-by-shield, high defence rating causing enemies to miss a lot, etc.)

And yes, on my guardian when I switched to Kira, I eventually got smart and switched myself to the tank spec. And then later on I got Doc and stayed tank. (Makes combat go slowly, a bit, but like Elara, Doc is reasonably potent as an off-dps.)

About "sustain":

My bad. English isn't my native language, so I just used the wrong word.

About the companion:

I haven't talked about whether the main story is doable with any companion or not! It was about which combination I felt more powerful or convenient.

There is a good read about that: Starting a "solo-leveling" toon

Let me highlight the interesting part:

Since I started this whole personal challenge to back up my claim that the game was NOT tuned to require a companion, I figured why not see what it was like to run WITH one, after 53 levels of completely solo. I put some hand-me-downs on Aric and started in on the Staged Weekly.

Wow. Mobs were dying so quickly, I suddenly found myself not paying attention to anything. Didn't care about pats, didn't care about health, didn't use any defensive cooldowns, chain-pulled mobs -- it was suddenly over-easy-mode.

So I have to say: As a dps, having a companion out makes one a sloppy player. This seems to me to be the primary reason people get to level 55 without any idea what half of their abilities are, how (or why) to interrupt / stun, and not the vaguest concept of a tactical approach to a fight. You just don't need any of this with a companion out. Zerg > All.

That's essentially one part of my argument. I just went a bit further and separated between the different roles. And to repeat myself, a companion with the support role (heals) was IMO the most convenient one.

I then tried to point out the implications of this conclusion:

When I played my Jedi Guardian (Defense) as a f2p user and chose Kira as a companion, I had to rest between the fights, although this class is opted to withstand a lot of damage (I didn't have a reusable medpack and didn't even know it existed).

As soon as I chose Doc or C2-N2, I didn't have to stop or rest.... ever! And whereas I used stuns, stasis, interrupts or knockbacks before to avoid taking damage, I didn't care about these 'minor details' anymore. At best, it would take 1 or 2 more heals from Doc (usable on the move). In the end, I first adopted my gear components for an offensive build and eventually even switched my subtype. The heals were still sufficient, but it took less time to level up.

As a Sage (Seer), it wasn't that different either. First, I tried Qyzen Fess in a tank role, but it was simply too inconvenient to switch targets in order to heal him. (And have you tried to heal someone else's tank companion?). So I eventually switched to Tharan Cedrax and things went from easy to trivial. This time, I neither switched the subtype nor the augmentations, but the complexity went almost down to "use forcequake only".

One of my next characters was a Scoundrel (Sawbones) and this time, I avoided to take a companion with me. I sneaked past normal enemies and concentrated on the good fights. And surprisingly (or not), I got the cool and challenging gameplay back! I started to use a combo of backstabs, dirty kicks, blind grenades, etc. again.

So to sum it up:

In my opinions, the companions neither help you to learn the game, nor do they create more enjoyable & memorable moments... quite the contrary. And if BioWares enables all the roles for all the companion, it's IMO much more likely players will find the leveling boring...

Edited by realleaftea

So to sum it up:

In my opinions, the companions neither help you to learn the game, nor do they create more enjoyable & memorable moments... quite the contrary. And if BioWares enables all the roles for all the companion, it's IMO much more likely players will find the leveling boring...

It'll be what the player makes of it. For companions whose role overlaps with the main, you have very little need/desire to bring them along (particularly for the heal/heal and tank/tank combo). And most often the least challenge in game can be found by bringing your healer companion; which means, if you'r ein it for the challenge, you can't bring you healer. Why not let us set "the healer" to DPS or even tank (comp tanks are horribad) for a challenge?

Is anyone else as turned of by the level sync as I am? I didn't do all that work to max out my char, just to go back to a planet and be lowered to level 30 again!! I just canceled my subscription, time to find a new game.

This will be true of low level planets which are built around a character having few active and passive skills. However against higher level planets. Such as say Voss was built around having most of those skills and passives already.

You will be able to rofl stomp low lvl planets but I suspect you will need to group for higher lvl ones.

This is true of low level planets such as was in the live stream. However DK is built around low lvl toons, you have a few active and passive skills only. It will not however be true of higher level ones. Belsavis, Voss and Correlia upwards in particular are built around having approx two thirds of your actives and passives unlocked.

The fact that they've made all heroics H2 though might mean that a well geared 65 might be able to solo?

I believe there will be apoint where heroics are no longer soloable. Prolly around the lvl 40 mark. Oh and FPs of course.

Edited by Potima_Wolf

It seems to me that the" level sync = fairness" crowd is saying that it is fair to weaken a, say 65 Jedi Shadow, when s/he goes back to Nar Shadaa to run a dungeon/grab a missed holocron/etc, completely negating all the time the player spent build up that char's power. Yes, I understand these people view this argument as someone saying "I should keep my power, it's the status quo" but in truth, isn't it UN-fair to whack someone with a nerf bat (even if it's temporary) just because they're stronger than what's around them?

I still believe you haven't understood my point of view. (I think this is addressing me, because I were the only one to used the word 'fairness' in this context. So let's try a different route this time.

Thesis: There is already a level-sync. It comes in form of a XP adjustment.

This way, you'll be forced to move on and fight more challenging foes or you won't get any XP and therefore won't level up.

Question: Now do you hate it or or did you accept it?

No offence, but some could say: "We've spend such a long time to get our characters to level 40, but as soon as we switch the planet, BioWare sends us tougher enemies! Don't we deserve to be superior?"

Well, maybe you say, it's not the same, but in fact, you've already accept a level-sync for the majority ot the game! So my next question would be: Why can't you stand it, if it's the same when grab a datacron, you've missed? I mean how long does it take and how often do you that? Just compare the time it took to get them and compare it with the time you've been in this game!

So this time, I'll use a metapher as well:

Every morning, you get into your car and drive the highway down to get to work, and every evening you do the same to get back home. But one day - you're almost at home - your boss calls you and tells you that you've forgot your pay check. With a red head, you shout back: "I drive there EVERY DAY and work hard to keep YOUR business going. Why should I suffer and spend my time to turn around and get it? Don't I deserve my freetime? For what do I even work?

So 'Driving to work' is acceptable... because you get paid for that! But doing the same thing => i.e. spending that 1% extra time is unacceptable, although you've missed something?

I mean, the datacrons weren't meant to be a reward for lvl65 characters. They were meant as a reward for exploring the world and solving the puzzle... a righteous reward for being attentative. Now you didn't do that, haven't explored the world, but you still think you deserve the bonuses and even feel treated badly, if you would have to give up your lvl65 power while doing something that you've missed earlier? So is it really such a burden, if you would be 'level-sync'-ed and have to stay a bit further away from those enemies... or in case of a Jedi Shadow... to activate your stealth?

To be honest, I even doubt that datacrons are even the main reason here!

Otherwise, BioWare could just remove them completely (doesn't work well with 'Mastery') or could alter the rewards to be temporary or solely for characters 'in-sync' with the appropriate level.

My idea woulfd be to make the datacrons relics you can wear (or fragments of a more powerful 'planet' relic you first have to reassemble OR even hints where to dig for a relic). That way, they can be a good bonus early on and lvl65 characters wouldn't have to return to every planet, as there will be better relics for their later anyways.

So if the datacrons aren't the real problem, what else would be left that tempts players to return to a low-level world? In my opinion, there are there two possibilities:

• Some players need to see how powerful they've become and don't care about rewards
  • Some players want to be overpowered AND get a reward

So let's address both factions:

If you just need to see how powerful you are, do you need every planet for that, right? I mean, you could return to the Esseles, the Hammer Station or Athiss f.e. They aren't level-synced. In this way, wouldn't scare away other lowbies or accidentially kill their quest monsters.

But let's assume you really want to return to all the former planets to show off! And you might be surprised, I'll even use the "toggle" idea here:

Let's say that as long as choose not to be level-synced, you will suffer the following drawbacks.

To avoid further abusal, the choice must be made before you land on a planet and stands for as long as you're on that planet:

1. You won't get any rewards from missions (not just no XP, but no other rewards either)
  2. You won't be able to join or invite other characters far below your level
  3. Monsters you kill either have a 0% or very low drop chance
  4. And you can neither activate harvesting nodes nor open treasure chests

Well, I could live with that!

It fulfills my criteria: "no effort => no reward". You can walk around, embrace the feeling how powerful you've become and even repeat missions you've missed. So everyone is happy, right?

But to be honest, I doubt that this is a version everyone will agree on! But hey, I would be delighted, if I'm proven wrong. So I invite anyone to discuss about these four little restrictions, so we can see where it hurts.

Until then, there is

:

Naaa... just kidding.

Edited by realleaftea

I have a few questions/comments. I think most of these were already asked by others... but I felt it would help BW show that we really need answers or clarification.

(1) "Base weapon accuracy has been increased from 90% to 100%. All non-basic attacks already had 100% Accuracy, so this change brings basic attacks up to par. " So this sounds like we wont need to stack as much accuracy now? Will it be like PVP where we just go from 90% to 94% and stop (now 100% to 104%)? Or maybe I'm just confused and we still need 110% accuracy to deal with Operation bosses in PVE?

(2) You said that Level Sync affects Armor, Stats, and Weapon Damage. Will a level 65 with the new tier of HM Ops gear be scaled down the same as a level 65 with basic com gear? IE. will they both hit just as hard against a level 50 black hole Torvix member or will the HM Op geared toon hit harder? Otherwise whats the point of having better gear if it gets scaled down to the same?

(3) Can we get a conversion chart for Level Sync? In the demo you got scaled to level 18 in a 10-16 planet, but in this example we get scaled to 32 in a 28-32 planet? Seems there is a little confusion on your part or some uneven level scaling.

(4) Level Sync: Does it effect NPCs as well? Bonus Series NPCs, Seeker Droid Seed Mission NPCs, and Imp/Pub base guards come to mind. If we get forced down, it's only fair that all of us get effected. Otherwise a portion of the game will remain unplayable. If you are not prepared for this, then you should not deploy Level Sync yet. I'm surprised as often as this was asked that there was a never a quick answer to it.

Most of this looks pretty good, the only thing I'm concerned about is the level sync. I really hope we'll be able to toggle it on and off. When I go to a low level planet, I'm usually at or near max level and I'm there to storm through heroic areas solo to get Commendations/Items that I missed.

I'm definitely not going to be there to level, and if I'm running an ally through the area it's quicker and easier for me to solo things and him to follow along.

It'll be what the player makes of it. [...] which means, if you'r ein it for the challenge, you can't bring you healer. Why not let us set "the healer" to DPS or even tank (comp tanks are horribad) for a challenge?

Well, place some cookies on the table and tell the kids to stay away.

In other words: "An open door may tempt a saint."

So please allow me to respond with a few counter-questions:

Why doesn't Bioware introduce medpacks that can be used any desired number of times during a single fight? They could have a normal cooldown instead. Or why not introduce powerful 'slow-release medpacks' that heal the player over time, even during combat? Just forbid them anywhere a companion is forbidden!

Now, isn't that reality in other games? And didn''t Bioware state that their goal is to: "Open a market for medpacks"? Would these medpacks be more powerful than a healer? And won't they just be "what the player makes of them"? If he doesn't want it to be easy, he doesn't have to use them.... and he even saves some credits this way!

You see, IMO it's not that easy.

But it wasn't even my intention to unsell such a change. Instead, I just tried to highlight the possible consequences and asked myself (and bioware), if there isn't a better way to let the player choose freely and not to tempt in into the "easy mode"?

For companions whose role overlaps with the main, you have very little need/desire to bring them along (particularly for the heal/heal and tank/tank combo). And most often the least challenge in game can be found by bringing your healer companion

And that's partly the point, why I questioned the general class or "role" balance. And played the "what if" mind game:

Let's say, healing abilities will be limited in to a 10m range. All non-tank melee and close-range classes will have access to situational heal skills. All tank subtypes will get access to fully controllable heals! On contrast, all the ranged DPS lose their heal skills.

Instead of Overload, Force Wave, Jet Boost and Concussion Charge, AoEs with a shorter cooldown will also heal the allies as well. (Keep in mind that Healers are now short-range classes with short-range or character-centric AoEs).

Well, surely crazy or impossible, but it's a mind game! And just to highlight the obvious:

None of these changes would affect the companions at all! They stay as they are!

Now what would happen?

Tanks:

Now since tanks would now be able to heal themself, they wouldn't have to rest to patch themself up, but could do it on the move. This will fasten their leveling experience, without breaking them. Their AoEs still have a smaller radius, they have probably chosen defensive gear and whenever they use a heal skill, they waste a GCD not dealing any damage.

But what's about their companion choices.

Healer: Tthey won't have to waste their GCD for heal skills and could attack at full strength.... that's great.

DPS: They have to patch themself up, but at least the combat doesn't last that long.

Tank: They could cast an HoT on both of them and then play aggressively,. They could even switch their threat aura off in case it gets ugly. Then the brethren could take over and they have time to heal themself. A perfect duo!

Healer:

Now, that would be definitely a change in the gameplay, as they would now get closer to their enemies and wouldn't have their 8m AoEs to defend themself. But due to their new short-ranged, high-frequent heal+damage AoE, they can now heal and attack at the same time. But most importantly, thew won't have to switch targets that often.

About their companion choices:

Tank: They won't draw that much aggro and can concentrate more on their DPS. The high damage absorption of a tank also minimizes the healing efforts, so the new AoEs might suffice and make it a quick fight.

Healer: They can fully concentrate on their damage potential. And if they combine their healing power, they would still be almost be invincible.

DPS: Surely interesting & tricky, but combats shouldn't last that long. The new AoEs, they wouldn't have to switch targets that often. Here, they also profit from the fact that they move and heal themself between the fights.

DPS:

Well, ranged DPS will lose their healing power, so they have to make sure to maximize their range adantage. Against masses of foes, they outbest any other role due to their 8m AoEs. Against single enemies, they still outbest other roles in regard of DPS, but they might want to train their slows, knockback, interrupt skills. Melee DPS classe will now have either stealth, heals or both.

About their companion choices:

Tank: Melee DPS can make full use of their high damage output further increased due to their backstab skills. For ranged DPS, it's even better. They eliminate the weaklings with powerful AoEs, while the tank keeps the powerhouses busy.

DPS The quick-&-dirty combo. Short fights and every single CC effect will have a huge impact in how much damage they take. Sure, both will be injured, so they have to rest between the fights. But due to the fact that the fight didn't take that long, it's not a real drawback.

Healer: Melee classes won't be able to use their backstabs, but they still have their situational heals supporting the healer. Ranged DPS should make full use of their slows & knockbacks and should learn how to kite their enemies.

Conclusion:

In my opinon, this is the preferrable solution... at least in case for the normal main story level process. All companions will still be viable, all combinations have their ups and downs, but most importantly, you'll keep the unique gameplay!

Kira will still be the optimistic, "jumps into every fight" type of girl, saying: "Looks like I'm gonna break your record boss....", whereas Tharan Cedrax will ALWAYS be in the background, reminding me of...: "Did i mention that I´m a pacifist?"

Now go and tell me how awesome it would be to have a tanking Tharan or a full support Kira.

Edited by realleaftea

might i suggest putting that leveling sync for worlds on the PVP servers only?

as most low level pvp players would love to NOT be ganked by the higher levels while they are questing around and this would create some fairness in battle for the lower level players vs the cowards that cant beat their own level and thinks that ganking low level players is a good sport.

putting a level sync on the PVE servers would make no sense, the only reason one would go back to the lower level planets is to either do some of the off-track quests for lore only or help a buddy out a bit or to explore the area's that one has not been to.. setting the level back to the level they were when they first visited the planet...ehm..cant see the reason for it actually, you might aswell keep the leveling of the pve servers to the vanilla version in that case since the PVE players dont do much else on the lower level planets then the reasons i named before so putting a leveling sync would negate the story/lore and exploration part completely and would not make revisiting those planets more interesting after level 65 is reached and there's nothing else to do, in the long run people will lose interest in the game and the game will have no future unless new content is created every year just to keep the higher level players playing and coming back to the game aswell as keeping new players coming in..