What do you think the next Race is going to be?

CristianAres

Right, a race. But where to put it? You mentioned faction specific. There are only seven faction specific worlds, and four of them are the starter worlds, so I am wondering where you would like to see the next race. Edited by ceryxp

*shakes his head*

This is borderline to a "Who's on First" routine...

Race (species); who knows, they've apperantly with the Togruta and Naotolans removed the 'have to have a human-like head' restriction by simply setting them to automatically hide all headgear, but that leaves the 'speaks Basic' requirement (which eliminates Wookiees, Rodians, and several other species). Mon Calamari are a possibility, but who knows. Considering that besides Chiss and Purebloods, the Empire doesn't have many races that are close to 'faction specific', I'm not sure they'd do that instead of cross-faction.

Race (Swoop Rally); Well, we've got a jungle (Onderon), a grasslands (Dantooine) and a desert (Tatooine)... I suppose that if it's cross-faction we might get Hoth as an arctic planet. If it's faction specific, then it would almost have to be ORD Mantell and Hutta, I think...

(species); who knows, they've apperantly with the Togruta and Naotolans removed the 'have to have a human-like head' restriction by simply setting them to automatically hide all headgear, but that leaves the 'speaks Basic' requirement (which eliminates Wookiees, Rodians, and several other species). Mon Calamari are a possibility, but who knows. Considering that besides Chiss and Purebloods, the Empire doesn't have many [species] that are close to 'faction specific', I'm not sure they'd do that instead of cross-faction.

Actually, Togies and Nauties do use the same face models as all other playable species. The requirements are not that they use the same head models or speak Basic but that they use the same body and face models, can speak Basic, and can function seamlessly in the romance cutscenes. Wookiees both do not speak Basic nor do they use the standard body / face models. Rodians do use the standard body models, and Rodians can speak Basic, but they do not use the face models. Same problem with Mon Calamari and Kel Dor, so none of them would work for the romance cutscenes.

There are actually three Imperial specific species: Sith Pureblood, Chiss, and Rattataki. The Rattatki were isolated from the rest of the Galaxy until shortly after the start of the Great Galactic War (the war that ended with the Treaty of Coruscant) and it was the Empire that took them from Rattatak and used them in the war against the Republic.

But yes, any new species that are added will be available to both factions.

• 3 weeks later...