Shroud's Lair Solo

JuventusAndFCK

So, it's not possible, right?

I've never bothered with the binocular missions before but since I was playing a character supposed to romance Theron for once, I thought it might be fun to play the mission with the Shroud this time, just because I remember him mentioning that dude.

So what started as a simple exploratory mission suddenly turned into a difficult car chase. That was kinda cool, just a bit challenging. Then I get to his lair and there are three switches that you can't turn on your own.

It feels a tiny bit like a middle finger, to suddenly plop down a multiplayer requirement, at the end stage of a story like that....

Searching on this topic on google brings up old forum threads mentioning that the rest of the level can't be solo'd either but given that it's a bit of an old quest chain I thought I might ask here.

If I were to ask a couple of people (I have no idea if any would be willingto assist) to just help flick the three switches with me, would I be able to solo the rest of the quest by myself?

No. After those initial four switches, there is one on the ceiling, there is a puzzle that requires four people, then a bridge that requires four people to cross (might be possible with three), and the end fight requires multiple people to work different terminals. Basically, a mission chain that is entirely solo, has been soloable since release with 2.0, ends with a four person mandatory mission. People have asked multiple times for that mission to be reworked to be soloable with no response. And, to make it even better, whilst not everyone entering the mission must be on the mission (only one person must be on the mission, they just enter first) the mission has a tendency to bug when there are people in there that are not on the mission, especially if they are below level 50.

The good news is that you do not need to finish that mission in order to be able to use the macrobinoculars, for example, that mission set works for the optional mission on Oricon. It is just that the pair you have will not be the permanent pair that is granted for completing the mission chain.

I have never been able to complete the mission because of the car jumping.

Because of the jumping or because of the fights? The boss?

I died once to one of the droid fights, there were too many. I used the medical prope to escape ahead on the next jumping section. The boss fight took a long time but eventually I got his HP down before he could recover.

Like I said, the jumping. I even tried it on characters I "jump better" with (JK and SW), but after falling to my death about 25 times, I gave up.

There is one particular jump that I just can't do, even after watching other people do it on youtube.

Like I said, the jumping. I even tried it on characters I "jump better" with (JK and SW), but after falling to my death about 25 times, I gave up.

There is one particular jump that I just can't do, even after watching other people do it on youtube.

I get that. I have a friend I sometimes play with, even though I mostly play solo, he can't do jumps ever. The game isn't exactly designed to be a platformer! He hates when I spot a holocron and decide to try and get it.