Sith Inquisitor Companion Quest - Khem Val

Toulak

i suppose it depends on how you veiw the hints/out right declarations that zash knew her ritual would messup the way that it did. for one thing zash has been shown through out the story to have the gift of preminition and she was the one that told you to bring khem said it would be disirable even. yet there was absolutely nothing about that ritual working correctly that needed or even was affected by khem being there. the only purpose khem served in the ritual was messing it up and zash whent out of her way to make sure he was there. her apprentice the one that actually listened/believed what zash said tells you striaght up that zash knew that all of this was going to happen.

personally i consider zash to be looking out for my inquisitor atleast as much as khem does. which makes this choice nearly impossable to make i think i am going to wait to see if either character can make a comback before i choose who to trap. but if i end up having to choose it's got to be khem that gets trapped just becuase zash is amazingly awesome.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i suppose it depends on how you veiw the hints/out right declarations that zash knew her ritual would messup the way that it did. for one thing zash has been shown through out the story to have the gift of preminition and she was the one that told you to bring khem said it would be disirable even. yet there was absolutely nothing about that ritual working correctly that needed or even was affected by khem being there. the only purpose khem served in the ritual was messing it up and zash whent out of her way to make sure he was there. her apprentice the one that actually listened/believed what zash said tells you striaght up that zash knew that all of this was going to happen.

personally i consider zash to be looking out for my inquisitor atleast as much as khem does. which makes this choice nearly impossable to make i think i am going to wait to see if either character can make a comback before i choose who to trap. but if i end up having to choose it's got to be khem that gets trapped just becuase zash is amazingly awesome.

You actually trust the witch? If she was looking out for you she would not have tried to take your body in act 1. I honestly don't understand why people keep the witch around she is going to backstab you. SHE IS SITH, zash only cares about herself.

Edited by lokdron

blah blah sith blah most people that brandy that word around don;t even understand what it means. and like i said it's flat out said that zash never intended to steal your body in the first place she knew she would fail the ritual.

It's not, ''flat out said that Zash never intended, blah blah blah''. That's your interpretation of events. An equally valid interpretation is that she either underestimated Khem's intellect, or relied on his hatred of servitude to compel him to stand idle.

eh yeah it is out right said by the girl apprentice chick . right after you battle zash you go out see the two apprentices arguing. one who doesn't believe zash and gets mad when he finds out she's appearantly dead and one who did believe zash and isn;t mad. she then explains that every thing whent according to plan that it was all to put the inquisitor on a path that zash has forseen will change the sith forever. Edited by magicallypuzzled

Zash was lieing to the apprentices, think about it: if she had won her old body would be dead and she would be in control of the Inquisitor's body, but no one could know it was her, because then every Sith ever would be hounding her for the secret of eternal life. She meant to pretend she was the Inquisitor and had killed herself (Zash) and claimed her own power.

Side Note: I'm curious, what happens if you finish all of the companion quests before Zash is done being part of the main storyline?

Edited by Halinmonk

that certianly is one way of intrepreting it and there is no way of proving it wrong which is why i originially said that it depends on how you see it. personally from the hints and things zash/others say, as well as the what the game won;t let you say believe that zash really is looking out for me.

if zash was merely going to betray you i'd think the game would give you some sort of option to say something like so zash was a good person after all? or in other words the game should have a word choice that inables you to fall for zash's good girl lies. instead the only options available is sceptsism which by it's self makes me think the twist is that zash is honest.

it's just a feeling i have thought the different ways of reading this conversation is it a lie isn;t it a lie is partly why zash is such an amazing character.

I always get the impression that Zash is a much better person then she seems to be, certainly better then most Sith. But when in your first conversation with her after the end of chapter 1 she even says that she always liked you and that she very nearly called off the ritual, but it was that or death and she "doesn't like anyone that much."

Side Note: I'm curious, what happens if you finish all of the companion quests before Zash is done being part of the main storyline?

You can't. It's locked not only be affection, but by where you are in the story.

that certianly is one way of intrepreting it and there is no way of proving it wrong which is why i originially said that it depends on how you see it. personally from the hints and things zash/others say, as well as the what the game won;t let you say believe that zash really is looking out for me.

if zash was merely going to betray you i'd think the game would give you some sort of option to say something like so zash was a good person after all? or in other words the game should have a word choice that inables you to fall for zash's good girl lies. instead the only options available is sceptsism which by it's self makes me think the twist is that zash is honest.

it's just a feeling i have thought the different ways of reading this conversation is it a lie isn;t it a lie is partly why zash is such an amazing character.

O_o Did you miss the part where the only reason she doesn't strangle the SI after the ritual is because she is bound by the same bond as Khem? I really don't see how it is possible to interpret the events of the ritual in any way other than she was planning on taking over your body, fubared, and the SI benefited by her fubar. She outright states in a comapnion conversations: "I very nearly changed my mind about the ritual, you know. I genuinely like you. But it was that or death, and I don't like anyone that much."

i didn;t miss the part where she speaks in her owen voice how she's expecting to get away with that is a mystery at any rate she lies alot and plays a part no matter what. i have obsessed over every line of zash dialogue that might prove her true intentions nothing proves one way or the other. after all why tell her apprentices that she was going to be defeated why not just say she was going to posses her apprentices body if she had wanted to hide her survival from thanton she still could of done so easily.

also she has proven preminitions and her apprentice flat out says she had a preminition about this speciffic moment yet some how she's wrong? maybe maybe not. why does she help you at all if she really wants you dead? she doesn;t need you alive and is better off with out you weither she was stuck in khem vals body or not.

words and actions shape people and every thing about her trying to punish you might just be trying to shape you into the sith she wants you too be.

Edited by magicallypuzzled

• 2 months later...

I've only just finished Chapter 1, but I think I've already made my decision.

If I was a nice guy I'd choose Khem over Zash since Zash betrayed me and would do it again if given the opportunity. She deserves to be punished. Whereas Khem sacrificed himself to save me and is completely loyal. He absolutely deserves to be saved.

But I'm not a nice guy. I'm a cruel, arrogant, power-hungry Sith! I have accepted Khem's sacrifice without thanks and I won't hesitate to throw him on the scrap heap when I no longer need him. I plan to make use of Zash's extensive knowledge while subjecting her to an entirely appropriate punishment: A life of servitude as my lap-dog.

And I'm arrogant enough to think this choice won't come back to haunt me...

• 1 year later...
I've only just finished Chapter 1, but I think I've already made my decision.

If I was a nice guy I'd choose Khem over Zash since Zash betrayed me and would do it again if given the opportunity. She deserves to be punished. Whereas Khem sacrificed himself to save me and is completely loyal. He absolutely deserves to be saved.

But I'm not a nice guy. I'm a cruel, arrogant, power-hungry Sith! I have accepted Khem's sacrifice without thanks and I won't hesitate to throw him on the scrap heap when I no longer need him. I plan to make use of Zash's extensive knowledge while subjecting her to an entirely appropriate punishment: A life of servitude as my lap-dog.

And I'm arrogant enough to think this choice won't come back to haunt me...

Well played. Very sexy.

It will not come back to haunt you, I assure you. ;)

All of these people talking about how Loyal Khem is to them have me wondering if there are different paths you can take with him. Every time I talk with him he's always insulting me, threatening to get free and eat my soul, telling me that no matter what I do he's always watching me looking for weakness.

Every little thing he did during the story had me deciding that there was no reason to keep around a creature who's only desire is to break free from my control and eat me.

• 7 months later...
eh yeah it is out right said by the girl apprentice chick . right after you battle zash you go out see the two apprentices arguing. one who doesn't believe zash and gets mad when he finds out she's appearantly dead and one who did believe zash and isn;t mad. she then explains that every thing whent according to plan that it was all to put the inquisitor on a path that zash has forseen will change the sith forever.

yes because she would be "you" after the ritual she told her minions that so they would still follow her

Zash was lieing to the apprentices, think about it: if she had won her old body would be dead and she would be in control of the Inquisitor's body, but no one could know it was her, because then every Sith ever would be hounding her for the secret of eternal life. She meant to pretend she was the Inquisitor and had killed herself (Zash) and claimed her own power.

I think she actually did have a vision, but she completely misinterpreted her vision of the future:p

People forget the good parts about Zash, she was a fun master to have not some dumb maniac and even after chapter 1 I don`t remember her ever asking anything from you in exchange for her help. (all the way at the end after your story is over and your on the Council does she ask you to help her win Khem`s body)

+ why do ppl hold it againts Zash that she wanted your body to save her life, wouldn`t any of you do the same? how can you ppl pretend to be sith and disregard the eventual master vs apprentice show down. We don`t even know how things would ve turned out if she wasn`t dieing and in need of a body....I think she would`ve kept you around until you decided that it`s time to fill the big man shoes and betray her for power.

Good Zash moments:

1)When she sends you into the dark temple 1st time to face the apparition she cares for you enough to actually warn you that you might not be the one from her dream and that she`s might sending you to your death by mistake. She has the map to all the artifacts and could always find new apprentices to do her bidding so your life should be meaningless to her, why does she bother caring for you at this point?

2)She wanted you over Ffon, think about it when Zash entered to room Ffon had the map in hand(stolen by Harkun from you) but she was not satisfied with a lie altough Ffon was a sith pureblood and you just a slave. Now keep this in mind for when you get your own apprentice from Harkun, the guy that actually brings you the carvings from the ruins fair and square(just like you) is killed by your soon to be apprentice....and you accept the guy that cheated and took the easy path of completing his trial(just like Ffon) which is a total opposite from what you experienced back in your acolyte days.

Edited by iDraxter

Keep in mind, Zash was trying to preserve herself because she knows you are gaining power and everyone knows what happens when the Apprentice becomes powerful, the Apprentice replaces the master. In some cases, leaving Zash imprisoned in Khem maybe more of diabolic punishment for her than actually dispatching her to the next life. I mean think about it, her nice blonde haired body now looks like Khem, she has no privacy because Khem probably can hear her thoughts, she is always fighting for control over Khem, and you can drag her along on quests without having the control to resist you. However strategically, leaving Zash alive is not in your best interest. Just because she is fighting control today does not mean she will not have it tomorrow. So in the best interest of strategy, it is better the dispatch her into the force or next life, than to keep her around. Edited by Lorica

• 2 weeks later...
People forget the good parts about Zash, she was a fun master to have not some dumb maniac and even after chapter 1 I don`t remember her ever asking anything from you in exchange for her help. (all the way at the end after your story is over and your on the Council does she ask you to help her win Khem`s body)

+ why do ppl hold it againts Zash that she wanted your body to save her life, wouldn`t any of you do the same? how can you ppl pretend to be sith and disregard the eventual master vs apprentice show down. We don`t even know how things would ve turned out if she wasn`t dieing and in need of a body....I think she would`ve kept you around until you decided that it`s time to fill the big man shoes and betray her for power.

Good Zash moments:

1)When she sends you into the dark temple 1st time to face the apparition she cares for you enough to actually warn you that you might not be the one from her dream and that she`s might sending you to your death by mistake. She has the map to all the artifacts and could always find new apprentices to do her bidding so your life should be meaningless to her, why does she bother caring for you at this point?

2)She wanted you over Ffon, think about it when Zash entered to room Ffon had the map in hand(stolen by Harkun from you) but she was not satisfied with a lie altough Ffon was a sith pureblood and you just a slave. Now keep this in mind for when you get your own apprentice from Harkun, the guy that actually brings you the carvings from the ruins fair and square(just like you) is killed by your soon to be apprentice....and you accept the guy that cheated and took the easy path of completing his trial(just like Ffon) which is a total opposite from what you experienced back in your acolyte days.

Well, I do hate Xalek and more or less pretend he never showed up (to be frank, that's not hard)--Ashara is my apprentice, and to hell with anyone who claims she doesn't count. Howev4er, Ffon was an arrogant weakling who was being effectively cheated through the trials by Harkun, and I'm fairly sure Zash knew it; in fact, I strongly suspect she deliberately waited until Ffon had left for the final trial to tell the PC about Khem Val, to ensure that Ffon couldn't win.

I'm replaying the inquisitor and just got to DK. Replaying gives you a different view, for sure, lol! If only Scotia had told my inquisitor what Zash was trying to do that he was so opposed to, things could have gone differently, lol. My inquisitor couldn't have known he was the target, but he might have considered it a possibility.

I suspect we were supposed to be able to Kill Xalek as we were originally allowed to kill most if not all the companions. I know I would have.

I'm replaying the inquisitor and just got to DK. Replaying gives you a different view, for sure, lol! If only Scotia had told my inquisitor what Zash was trying to do that he was so opposed to, things could have gone differently, lol. My inquisitor couldn't have known he was the target, but he might have considered it a possibility.

I suspect we were supposed to be able to Kill Xalek as we were originally allowed to kill most if not all the companions. I know I would have.

Whenever I see Skotia, I think of this

But I think Skotia would've been a cool master to be a total a*shole to.... But then it would've been like the interactions between Baras and the Warrior...