Concealment Operatives Solo

XiPsiDawg

Hey guys. I am a returning player that hasn’t played in about five years but I have recently returned. Being able to solo the more difficult content and having good survivability has always been important to me in any game that I play. I plan to remake my operative since I don’t remember what happened in the story. How capable are concealment operatives in soloing the more difficult content? Would you recommend that I set my companion to tank, DPS or heal?

I’ve also played around with some of the other classes that I have so if anyone has any input on other classes that are strong in solo play with high survivability, please recommend them (non tanks). I’m mainly talking about PVE but I do plan to do a little PVP. Before someone says play what you like, I like being self-sufficient and having strong solo capability/ high survivability. That’s what I enjoy most regardless of the class.

Thanks for reading.

Any Discipline can handle all the Solo PvE content in the game (leaving aside the SoV FP which needs some fixes.) Any Discipline can handle all the Heroics in the game up to but not including Ossus; from Ossus onwards, the Heroics will mostly need a group of players.

Most of the content can be done with the companion on Tank with the player character on DPS; this allows the companion to bunch up the mobs and the player character to AoE them down. You could even have the companion be on DPS for faster progress. You'll recognize the fights where the companion needs to be healing; there are such fights, but not too many.

Survivability is not a major issue in solo PvE; Concealment Operatives have good defensives and self-heals and so should do fine.

Any Discipline can handle all the Solo PvE content in the game (leaving aside the SoV FP which needs some fixes.) Any Discipline can handle all the Heroics in the game up to but not including Ossus; from Ossus onwards, the Heroics will mostly need a group of players.

Most of the content can be done with the companion on Tank with the player character on DPS; this allows the companion to bunch up the mobs and the player character to AoE them down. You could even have the companion be on DPS for faster progress. You'll recognize the fights where the companion needs to be healing; there are such fights, but not too many.

Survivability is not a major issue in solo PvE; Concealment Operatives have good defensives and self-heals and so should do fine.

Thank you for the feedback. I've been playing my merc bounty hunter with Mako set to tank and it has gone really well. I was able to solo 3 champions at the same time in Dromund Kaas. I did have to heal Mako a bit. I see that I just need to make sure the classes I play has a healing spec. I know I would not have been able to pull all 3 champions and kill them if I didn't have the ability to heal Mako. I really like the deception assassin but I feel really weak. I tried the same pull on my sin and got squashed. They were around the same level as merc too, level 28.

Deception Assassin uses light armor and has no real self-heals. So, you’d need the companion to heal. You’d also want to start using crowd control abilities like Whirlwind.

You’re probably referring to the Heroic with Mandalorian Elites (need to defeat 8 of them.)

Edited by mike_carton

Deception Assassin uses light armor and has no real self-heals. So, you’d need the companion to heal. You’d also want to start using crowd control abilities like Whirlwind.

You’re probably referring to the Heroic with Mandalorian Elites (need to defeat 8 of them.)

These were not the Mandalorian Elites (yellow ring) for the Personal Challenge heroic where you have draw out Kregg. These were champions (yellow and white ring). It was in the heroic area all the way south. It was a human champion that had 2 beast champions with him. I was on my way to get the datacron located down there when I saw him on my merc and decided to engage them to see what would happen. I came back later on my sin to make the same attempt.

I'm not saying it was easy on my merc b/c it wasn't, but being able to heal myself and companion made it possible.

Try a Jugg. They are pretty sturdy.

I think I'm going to focus on classes that can heal themselves and others to see how that goes.