Looking for a casual-ambitious guild? Pillars of Ashla

Syndramise

People First

Pillars of Ashla (Republic) and Ashes of Ashla (Imperial) place primary value on our people while striving for excellence in gaming. We're a friendly, mutually-supportive community, and our goal is to offer you a fun environment in which you can enjoy the game.

Our guild identity centers on our values and our folks. The guild structure is set up to empower our people, and guild leadership actively seeks feedback and input from the guild community. You can find more information in our Guild Charter.

Vital Stats

Here's some basic information about Pillars of Ashla:

• Our website is at pillars.enjin.com.
  • Our operations/PvP/guild activities calendar is here.
  • We have an in-game guild channel. To join the channel, type: /cjoin poa
  • We have a high capacity Mumble server for voice chat.
  • We require all members to be at least 18 years of age.

Mentoring Program

We provide an excellent environment for people of all experience levels and for people who are interested in any aspect of the game. Our community offers a great mix of long-time MMO players, since-beta TOR players, and folks who are brand new to TOR or MMOs. If you're new to MMOs, the game, grouping, etc. and are open to input, we're happy to help. If you're an experienced player and want to help, we'd love to add you to our pool of mentors.

Our mentoring program is simultaneously informal and formal:

1. Questions are more than welcome via Mumble, guild chat, whisper, in-game mail, our guild forum, or forum PM. We encourage folks to ask for or give knowledge or help, and there's no such thing as a "stupid" question.
  2. We offer one-on-one mentoring for those who want it. If you're interested in receiving or providing mentoring, please let us know.

Operations

Our raiding goal is to provide everyone who wants to raid the opportunity to do so. We have no set teams, and no one gets priority over anyone else. If you want to raid with us, sign up on our calendar and show up. You will raid. Additionally, everyone who raids with us is eligible for loot. If you take down a boss with us, you get an equal chance to get the gear you need. You can find all our operations policies and procedures here.

We typically run six operations every week. Two of these--one for each faction--are designated as "gearing" raids for folks who want to get geared up for progression raiding and for folks who prefer a more casual atmosphere. We also run two "progression" operations per week per faction. Again, we do not have set teams. If you have the gear, the skill, and the time to do harder content, you will get a chance to raid without fear of being stuck as an "alternate" or "second string" player.

PvP

Do you hate high-pressure PvP? Do you loathe getting ridiculed if you make a small mistake in PvP? Are you tired of being forced to have the best gear before anyone will PvP with you? We were, too! Everyone is welcome to attend our scheduled and unscheduled PvP events. We strive for excellence but don't tolerate elitism; we learn from each other and teach each other. We play to have fun, period.

Other Guild Activities

We also enjoy participating in a variety of other scheduled activities. World boss hunts, datacron hunts, scavenger hunts, trivia night, a dueling tournament, and clique-free leveling pacts are just a few of our additional activities. We also hold monthly guild meetings where the guild leader and council members report to the guild and where we encourage folks in the guild to share any ideas, questions, comments, concerns, etc. they may have.

Applying

We look for friendly, helpful, adaptable players who have good attitudes, resonate with our guild values, and mesh well with us. We're more interested in your attitude and fit than your gear or past achievements. We like to joke around, so a good sense of humor is a plus. We hate drama.

If you're ready to apply, create an Enjin account if you don't already have one. After you've registered with Enjin, you can fill out a guild application. You'll also want to make an introduction thread for yourself on our forums so we can all say hello.

If you'd like to learn more about us, or if we can be of service in any way, please get in touch with us using any of the following methods:

• You can reply to this thread.
  • You can send me a PM on these forums, though I have to admit I don't check them as often as I should.
  • You can send me a PM on our guild site .
  • You can reach me and all the council members here.
  • You can send a PM directly to any of our council members using the links here.

We look forward to hearing from you, and may the Force be with you!

Edited by Syndramise

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of our members posted this on our forums, and I had to share. Proud of my team and amused by his writing style: :D

Our night started when I finished my dailies on my Tank and switched to my Gunslinger and announced in Guild "PvP forming 30-54 join up!"

Blastyn, Star, and Estheria are on and said let me finish up and we will run. Now I was left a bit timid because when I PvPed earlier this week it was like a prison shower scene all night...just bad. Estheria and I played with PUGs all night and got wiped about 8 painful matches in a row.

However armed with Redbull, a Klondike bar, and two more PoA guildies I knew the night was going to be magic.

As soon as Blastyn and Star joined on a Sawbones and Slinger respectively, the hits just kept coming we won those 8 games in a row back and then some before we were handed our first loss.

Then something great happened....more people came and we formed an ops group to simulqueue and nearly all night we were on the same team. I even recorded a match where all 8 of us were on a Huttball same team!!!

MAD PROPS FOR A GREAT TIME!!!!

Edited by Syndramise

Here is a video of us PvPing. Since as a guild we are still getting up to speed in PvP it is important to publish and understand what we do well and what we can improve on.

Please learn from our PvP lesson to find, mark and kill healers in every single match!!

The Amazing Galactic Race we did recently was a TON of fun. The council member and veteran member who coordinated that did a fantastic job. I expected to still be trying well after everyone else had gone home, so I was extra-excited to come in second! LOL I've really been enjoying the Major XP boosts I won as we've had these Double XP weekends. :D

We had an impromptu Independence Day fireworks party from 11:30pm-11:55pm in the cantina of the Republic Fleet. For something so simple, it was a ton of fun!

I can't post images, :( but if anyone wants to see the fun, you can check out the links below:

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae193/syndramise/July4th-2_zps0c8df56f.jpg

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae193/syndramise/July4th-1_zps323293c3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Pillars of Ashla's raiders have cleared level 55 TFB HM. No, we're not the first, so why is this a big deal? We raid differently than most guilds. We don't set teams more than one raid at a time, so everyone gets a chance to get in on the game's more challenging PvE content. That means it will often take longer for us to get through content than a hardcore progression group, but it also means that everyone gets a chance to participate. No one has to get sidelined or feel compelled to rearrange their lives around raiding.

If you ask me, that's a great trade-off.

Have had a couple potential recruits ask about this, so I thought I'd put it in here.

A peek at our forums will show a lot of threads about other games, specifically FFXIV:ARR at the moment.

We are in no way leaving SWTOR for any other game. Several of us do play multiple games, and when a new one comes out, we try to organize so that we can play them together. We're very much about community as well as just SWTOR. But SWTOR is our primary focus and nothing that has come out since has been shiny enough to make any kind of dent in our SWTOR presence. We have POA set up in several other games, but it tends to boil down to a place to find friends there. SWTOR is the only game we concentrate on any sort of real organized progression in.

So, have no fear , we're here to stay.

• 3 weeks later...