What the heck Devs? Surprise Conquest?

Djake

Yeah, I logged in to invade and was surprised. Only one planet to invade, no reward for last week, and very little in the way of invasion multipliers. And people wonder why I don't like surprises.

It seems like the announcement a few weeks ago about improving communication was more to appease players than to actually state intent on their behalf.

It would have just been nice to be notified so we could prepare accordingly, especially the big crafting guilds that worked hard to prepare for the crafting week it was supposed to be.

It seems like the announcement a few weeks ago about improving communication was more to appease players than to actually state intent on their behalf.

It would have just been nice to be notified so we could prepare accordingly, especially the big crafting guilds that worked hard to prepare for the crafting week it was supposed to be.

Who really wanted to know sth about this was able to get information via reddit and torcommunity. Me, for example, I already prepared for this.

Who really wanted to know sth about this was able to get information via reddit and torcommunity. Me, for example, I already prepared for this.

You prepared for getting no rewards for last week too? Wow ;p Yeah, yeah I know you didn't mean that part.

This is disappointing. Very disappointing. Our tiny guild has one planet left to get from the two 3-planet crafting weeks. We had prepped to do 90-100 million points (70+ million points from me alone. Do the math--the effort required is ludicrous.) This would have liberated us to only have to focus on crafting once or twice a year on the much easier Total Galactic War. Now we have to keep prepping, and there is an even harder crafting-conquest achievement now: Iokath and the single planet. Ugh.

I guess I'll keep stockpiling away and trying to figure out how I can do 100 million points on the last day/following morning that it will take to win. Has to be last day or else the mega-guilds can react and swat us like flies. I can only craft 1000 War Supplies/Invasion Forces per run, so I guess I'll need a lot more characters and companions. And I have to somehow do it soon because if there's a server merge we'll never win a planet again.

The Influence for companion missions helps but is just a drop in the well. I've made about 250,000 influence from that so far, but I needed 10.5 million to get the rest of my crafters up to rank 50. Ugh.

Bioware--if you're reading this maybe it will give you some idea of what small guilds have to go through just to have a chance in conquest. It's absolutely ridiculous, and your implementation of the Iokath conquest makes it even worse.

Edited by ptwonline

I guess I just have to ask WHY?

Only one guild was going to win Iokath this week. Why did EA decide that they should prevent all other guilds from progressing on their goal of eventually conquering all planets?

EA, we know you don't hate us and you really want us to enjoy the game and continue subscribing. Why the seemingly deliberate step to make the game worse and anger most of us?

No hate here...just confusion...

Crafting conquests are generally a way so that smaller guilds with dedicated players can have a chance to break the top 10 and win rewards for their guilds which is near impossible on other weeks. It takes a ton of effort and lots of prep but it can be done. This new conquest blows that out of the water since everyone is stuck on one planet.

We shouldn't have to get news about something like that through reading up on datamining threads. A change in the conquest schedule (and the fact this conquest week only has 1 planet, so only 1 guild on every server can get the gold) should have been communicated by EAWare. I'm very disappointed in them for dropping the ball on this, after saying and doing so much indicating they wanted to improve communication between themselves and their customers.

Extremely disappointed in conquest right now. woke up this morning to no rewards from conquering the planet last week, and to top if off, ONLY one planet to invade! Why not just add zakuul and odessan to that list? RIP conquest....Doubt my guild will even participate this week. i dont blame them. one guild's guaranteed the gold AND it's a crafting week, really?

I did get rewards from last week, but new conquest was a huge surprise. We were already set on next week schedule and then I got the message how something is wrong and we cannot invade The Black Hole as planned.

But what is done is done. The question is, are there any more new conquests planned?

We saw on Tuesday after patch that new conquest achievements were added, and immediately started collecting crafting mats and contacting other guilds for cooperating for the event. True, the devs could have included it in the patch notes but there was more than enough time to prepare for it.

You prepared for getting no rewards for last week too? Wow ;p Yeah, yeah I know you didn't mean that part.

Those were only bugged on the East Coast servers, T3-M4 got the rewards just fine.

Bioware--if you're reading this maybe it will give you some idea of what small guilds have to go through just to have a chance in conquest. It's absolutely ridiculous, and your implementation of the Iokath conquest makes it even worse.

What's wrong with cooperating with other small guilds? Come a year from now, it doesn't matter which guild got the planet, the achievement only shows the date and time.

Conquest is meant for big guilds, so if you think you are entitled to win a planet because it's dishonorable or morally wrong to join up with other players, your thinking is wrong.

A change in the conquest schedule (and the fact this conquest week only has 1 planet, so only 1 guild on every server can get the gold) should have been communicated by EAWare.

The conquest schedule has never been posted in an official way before, so BIoWare is not required to start communicating about it now.

Edited by Jerba

:eek: This is, without a doubt, the worst Conquest week since I joined this game a little over a year ago. No Heroics attached. It's friggin' crafting week, only 1 planet to invade, and it's an end game planet that a lot of players haven't even been too yet. And to add to it, no Conquest reward for last week. *** Devs?!?! You trying to get people to quit?!?! A little notice next time, and a few more options would be nice. Thanks a lot for a really crappy week.:mad::rak_mad::sul_frown::tran_mad::i_mad::jawa_frown::t_mad::w_frown::d_mad::mon_frown::rod_mad_g::rod_frown_p:

Yep surprise all of you big crafters. Screw all of you. we hate you as a company because you cause the economy to be what it is.

freaking stupid.

I hate them for what they did to the cartel slot machine.

Conquest should be made easier for more guilds to participate, not less. Only one planet tells 95% of guilds they shouldn't even participate. As soon as we seen it was 1 planet we told everyone that there is no conquest this week. This sort of thing is bad for the game, as it gives players less of a reason to play. Personally, it gives me a chance to try some other games this week.

Since we are adding conquest event weeks, we should add a bunch that have many planets like the TGW so more guilds can compete at least for the top10. 3 planet weeks most guilds do not even attempt to participate, 5 planets is still low, at least medium guilds can think about trying. Really it would be best if they would just trash all of the current events except TGW and instead add 10 new ones that have at least 10 planets every week. Why not make conquest a game for most guilds, instead of just for the big 10-15 guilds.

The conquest schedule has never been posted in an official way before, so BIoWare is not required to start communicating about it now.

Whenever they get around to updating the in-game events page you can see Rakghoul & Gree conquest week dates.

There has been an official conquest schedule post in the past:

Eric Musco 2015/2016

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8510267 (15 weeks)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8736114 (Broke CQ during holidays)

Since then it's easier and more convenient to blame/punish players for looking at or discussing datamined info. You know, because why should any of us want to plan ahead for all our guild members :rolleyes:

Anyhow, best not make a fuss about it or they may "improve guilds quality of life" again to keep us distracted and waste even more of our time :p

Hi guys,

If I may I'd suggest to step back, take a breath and think about it. Maybe it's just one of those case where for whatever reason they totally messed up and forgot to tell us. Or the change was pushed live too soon.

I get that you are disappointed, but regarding the improvement in communication and the try to make the game better. Give them the chance to provide an explanation.

Also you don't know maybe they will try to make a gesture and give a free in game gift or incentive of sorts.

Edited by Deewe