Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

CourtneyWoods

I don't think he expressed what he wanted. He seems to just want an answer to his question.

Speeder is 110% speeder at speeder skill 1. That is currently unique in the game I believe.

So it would be pointless to want it to be adaptive.

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speeder is 110% speeder at speeder skill 1. That is currently unique in the game I believe.

So it would be pointless to want it to be adaptive.

I was wanting to make sure that the speeder was going to remain the same, I was wanting to know to avoid suprises come patch day. I think the speeder is just fine as it is (saves money training higher piloting skills while leveling and it's pretty awesome looking)

Good to hear. Just a question, are cartel coin values displayed currently final? Seem to be a few errors floating around.

Edited - I actually have my collectors cartel coins listed. Please disregard below.

I agree with him, I have collectors edition, and I noticed that I am not getting the bonus for it listed in my cartel coins. Why is that:rak_02:

Edited by shunthunder

Hi,

I know that a F2P player can buy Cartel Coins with real cash. I would like to know if there's any other way to get them (subscribers get 250 per month I think), even if it's just a small amount? Or, if I am F2P, I can only get Cartel Coins (other than those I started with) by using real cash?

Cheers.

Currently My old Guild bank was transferred to a friend during the first wave of transfers.

At the time we were told to Disband the guilds move to the new server then restablish the guild and Contact Customer Service for it to be reinstated.

The Guild was never disbanded on the origin server.

When the Second Wave came for transfers transferring all remaining characters to the server the account holding the guild bank was inactive.

I have asked my friend for the Guild bank and said he would transfer it when free to play comes.

However my concern is will the guild bank still be intact on a free to play account with all bought tabs and content?

There does not seem to be any information on Guild bank restrictions ona free to play account, only their own cargo hold.

Does anyone know?

Well, I'm back. Just re-subbed for a month to take advantage of the extra Cartel Coins and to actually experience the full game for a month before I go Preferred F2P.

Welcome back mate.

I would like to know if there's any other way to get them (subscribers get 250 per month I think), even if it's just a small amount? Or, if I am F2P, I can only get Cartel Coins (other than those I started with) by using real cash?

Right now, the only two ways I know to get CCs is to purchase a sub and get a grant of 500/month or purchase them with real $$$. I remember reading an article where BW stated they are working on ways to integrate CC acquisition into normal gameplay. Not sure how they plan on doing it.

Other games do it with grinding activities like X/Monster Kills and Deed completions. If you think about it, they could integrate some CCs in with finding Datacrons or easter egg stuff like that.

BioWares new gimmick.

Instead of concentrating and putting effort and time in much needed things they come up with a lame "Cartel Coins" option. Both Free Play and this Cartel Coins smells of desperation on BioWares part.

Shame on them. They used to be better then this.

Edited by RikHar

I have two accounts. Both have CE's on them so they've both got a decent amount of potential CCs on them. This account I'm posting on will still be current when F2P launches but the other is currently unsubbed.

If I resub this currently dormant account in say early December, I'll get ALL coins I'm due except the bonus for being actively subbed when F2P launches (250), right? Just need a quick confirmation that I've read the info correct.

Thanks!

Here is a quick overview of what is on there.

Thank you for the list. the items raise some questions though:

1.13 Pink Purple color crystal

Image submitted by Andilus. These lightsaber crystals are useable at level 10 (with +41 stats)

What the fark? I SERIOUSLY hope this is not tradeable and is at least bound on pickup?? Otherwise it will completely invalidate the color crystal market.... Actually, it says its bound on equip... disaster waiting to happen!!! :mad: WHAT THE HELL BIOWARE?

This Authorization allows you to equip and use most Artifact quality gear and item modifications

Does this mean that non-subscribers cant use arifact-quality items without this perk?

This Authorization allows you to equip and use most Artifact quality gear and item modifications

Does this mean that non-subscribers cant use arifact-quality items without this perk?

Yes, but for that item only. Well it would suck if you paid real money and then not be able to use it. The outline for F2P vs subscription is outlined here.

Edited by Thylbanus

What the fark? I SERIOUSLY hope this is not tradeable and is at least bound on pickup?? Otherwise it will completely invalidate the color crystal market.... Actually, it says its bound on equip... disaster waiting to happen!!! :mad: WHAT THE HELL BIOWARE?

That is what we call "pay to win." At least it's only during the leveling process. BioWare's walking a slippery slope with these crystals, and things like Valor exp bonuses.

-Macheath.

If this is the case then I am calling it a day

seems like it's 15 November 2005 NGE hits SWG again

:mad:

Gratz on the biggest fail in the history of gaming industry. You marked your place there EA.

I don't know if free-to-play is the future of the industry but i know one thing for certain. Your game was so poorly executed it should be taken out of the equation.

Bye, I'm off to play games made by companies who have balls & skills.

Bye. Free-To-Play is a reasonable way for the devs to go, and it's both a clever thing to do, and it will fuel the game with more players! It's an excellent option.

I think this is awesome, but everyone should have all the species, because choosing between a cyborg and a human plus another race is just lame, and everyone should be able to customise their gear because if the is to many restrictions ppl will be discourage from Ftp but warzone weekly pass etc is fair for both subscribers and Ftp

What the fark? I SERIOUSLY hope this is not tradeable and is at least bound on pickup?? Otherwise it will completely invalidate the color crystal market.... Actually, it says its bound on equip... disaster waiting to happen!!! :mad: WHAT THE HELL BIOWARE? --->

Yes.

--->BW Created thread about +41 crystals at level 10