Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

KevMeup
08.07.2020 , 09:57 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by Jephryp View Post
This is literally the only thread to which I have subscribed on these forums. I can not tell you how much I appreciate all your hard work putting this together. Thank you!!
Thanks so much!
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
Does your companion do 10k DPS?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

Jevnaker
08.08.2020 , 04:50 AM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
Thanks so much!
Yes It is a really great piece of work. Have you even encountered that companion x at influence level y seems to do more damage when you have it on a char that is class z instead of class x and you tell it to attack a single mob alone. Because this was the case for me the gamorrean seemed to do more damage with my jedi shadow than on my jedi sentinel. Both had him at influence level 6.
Use the Fork Luke
here is my referral link please use it if you can. http://www.swtor.com/r/cMZtgW

KevMeup
08.08.2020 , 05:16 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by Jevnaker View Post
...this was the case for me the gamorrean seemed to do more damage with my jedi shadow than on my jedi sentinel. Both had him at influence level 6.
I have not noticed. I'll try to parse Shae more often though (since most my characters have her at 50), and see if any pattern shows up.

There can be a large range though on companions. This is why I'm including some duplicate parses more often to help describe it. I'm also logging my lag at the time (usually around 80ms for me). It also feels like the time of day or other stresses on the server may also come into play. So even if this is a real issue, if it's less than 1000 dps different it'll be hard to spot.

KevMeup
08.08.2020 , 09:31 PM | #184
Disclaimer: Zoom Uses all of her heals, even if she doesn't need to. With this setup, other healers didn't need to use one of their heals, which would offset the results a bit. I'm still looking for good places to test them.

Heal Parse 5mil heals in fixed uprising content1 (reduced healing):
Level 1, Z0-0M (1 Blaster Pistol) 12813 - 6.1.2d
Level 1, Raina Temple (2 Blaster Pistol) 8624 - 6.1.2d
Level 1, Banshee (No weapon) 8386 - 6.1.2d

Treek made it to 1.4 mil heals before she died.
Level 20, Treek (Blaster Rifle) 6578 - 6.1.2d

Jevnaker
08.10.2020 , 07:27 PM | #185
This list : Best Leveling Companion:
1. Shae Vizla (dps only, great for grinding story mode FPs)
2. Q0-77 (anyone can buy on cartel and unlock for all characters, also levels from droid parts/jawa junk)
3. Nico Okarr - DPS/Heals, Paxton Rall - Heals, Master Ranos - DPS/tank
2. Darth Hexid, K1-Z3N, T4-1D or TY-4N are standard blaster users with minimal bugs (bought or unlocked for collections)

Would be more readable if you rearranged it like this
1. Shae Vizla (dps only, great for grinding story mode FPs)
2. Q0-77 (anyone can buy on cartel and unlock for all characters, also levels from droid parts/jawa junk)
2. Darth Hexid, K1-Z3N, T4-1D or TY-4N are standard blaster users with minimal bugs (bought or unlocked for collections)
3. Nico Okarr - DPS/Heals, Paxton Rall - Heals, Master Ranos - DPS/tank

Once again thanks for doing all the great work for this guide.
Use the Fork Luke
here is my referral link please use it if you can. http://www.swtor.com/r/cMZtgW

Arkedius
Yesterday , 03:58 PM | #186
where will jaessa stand in dps?

ty
Mighty are Those who Flirt with Fate.