It's the developers fault

ufarax

I have noticed some terrible Powertech tanks, they are usually in mediocre gear. I know for a fact that it's not the gear,

so I asked myself ***. Last week I decided to level my second Powertech tank. I get to level 10 and I'm excited to learn

when will I get my Jet Charge? I select show all at the trainer, I find I have to wait until level 59 ***. That was my eureka moment. I remember getting Jet Charge at an early level, not 59. I jump to the forums and asked: " Am mistaken or did PT get Jet Charge at an earlier level other than 59"?. Bioware for whatever reason decided to increase the level needed to attain Jet Charge, therefore a player leveling PT would not be familiar with Jet Charge.

From a tanking perspective, Jet Charge is integral to a PT rotation, you jump in getting two free flame sweeps, and if your Carbonizer is available you can also use it, you can agro a group of enemies without using a taunt. At what level does a Juggernaut receive force leap? I don't know when the Assassin receives Phantom Stride, the Assassin has a cloak and attacking while cloaked does generate agro (all eyes on me). Maybe there is a reason for making Powertechs wait for Jet Charge, I am not a Powertech expert. This just my two cents. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

"That's it man, game over man, game over"

I have noticed some terrible Powertech tanks, they are usually in mediocre gear. I know for a fact that it's not the gear,

so I asked myself ***. Last week I decided to level my second Powertech tank. I get to level 10 and I'm excited to learn

when will I get my Jet Charge? I select show all at the trainer, I find I have to wait until level 59 ***. That was my eureka moment. I remember getting Jet Charge at an early level, not 59. I jump to the forums and asked: " Am mistaken or did PT get Jet Charge at an earlier level other than 59"?. Bioware for whatever reason decided to increase the level needed to attain Jet Charge, therefore a player leveling PT would not be familiar with Jet Charge.

From a tanking perspective, Jet Charge is integral to a PT rotation, you jump in getting two free flame sweeps, and if your Carbonizer is available you can also use it, you can agro a group of enemies without using a taunt. At what level does a Juggernaut receive force leap? I don't know when the Assassin receives Phantom Stride, the Assassin has a cloak and attacking while cloaked does generate agro (all eyes on me). Maybe there is a reason for making Powertechs wait for Jet Charge, I am not a Powertech expert. This just my two cents. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

"That's it man, game over man, game over"

Well, I do agree it's annoying you get jet charge at such a high level but it's really not a huge issue and I wouldn't say it's integral, I actually don't even use the two free charges usually unless I'm jumping into an AOE situation as it's not the highest threat opener.

PT/VG tank is lacking slightly in the cool downs/raid utility department when compared to counterparts but I wouldn't say it's the developers fault entirely. However despite some of their short comings I find them to be completely viable if only slightly more challenging to do so at times. I manage to clear NIM content and get Silver in ranked as a VG tank, it's difficult but it's viable.