Guild ship should also count as a personal stronghold for the GM

Alec_Fortescue

Because is my personal strong hold.

I completely agree. The guild ship should be (at least optionally) tied to the guild master's account like a stronghold instead of a guild. A guild is just a piece of code that can attach to any character, where as the guildmaster's character is tied to an account.

Something like this.

instead of

Ship > guild > character > account

it would be

Account > Character > ship > guild

That way if a guild goes on hiatus, you can put the guild ship (and guild bank) on inactive with a character instead of it floating around lifeless with an empty guild. It happens all the time when you have guilds that float game to game as a unit....... so when they came back to swtor everything would be there ready to go.

Makes perfect sense to me... but instead they made the guild it's own thing... which is fine if a guild is active and just needs to replace a gm, but if the entire guild goes on inactive (say for 6-9 months waiting until the next batch of (a few hours to a few days of) content >.> ) you're pretty screwed.

Anyway we've already been talking about this in my guild and everyone agreed it makes perfect sense. So I think it makes sense to smaller guilds, probably a confusing idea to larger ones. So with anything else probably the best thing to do is just give us the option to manage things ourselves instead of Bio micromanaging everything.

Edited by siegeshot

I completely agree. The guild ship should be (at least optionally) tied to the guild master's account like a stronghold instead of a guild. A guild is just a piece of code that can attach to any character, where as the guildmaster's character is tied to an account.

<snip>

I don't get your point here. Are you saying that if the GM decides to leave the guild, he would take the ship with him? How would it be a guild ship in that case? And what of all the other members who contributed in buying the ship? What would happen if the former GM joins another guild that already has a ship?

As for the OP, guilds are not intended to be composed of a single person's alts. It's not restricted, and that's fine, but don't expect to be granted special privileges if you use the system in unintended ways.

It might make sense to give all characters in the guild an additional conquest bonus from guild headquarters and flagship though.

I don't get your point here. Are you saying that if the GM decides to leave the guild, he would take the ship with him?

Aaaaand I stopped reading after this. I will try to spell it out for you even in caps just to help, and bold. Here we go...

GUILD MASTERS CAN ALREADY DO THIS!!!!!! IT'S CALLED DISBANDING THE GUILD! THEY ALREADY DO IT!! You already lose everything if the GM decides to hose you! It HAPPENS ALREADY!

All I'm asking for is a system where if the guild is going on hiatus (which guilds do all the time in between content), they can do so without unintentionally losing everything.

It's a very, very extremely simple concept. So circling back around to the original topic, the guild ship should count as the guild master's personal stronghold. About 80% of the stuff in our stronghold was donated by me. I paid half of it out of my own pocket, the other half paid by someone that wasn't even in my guild...... the thing is basically mine for the guild. It's mine, and then the guild's.

Very... very very simple concept. Very simple. You don't have to agree with it, but it's a simple concept. Having a "guild ship" tied to a "guild" offers no protection whatsoever. People just feel like it does because they're unable to think for them self.

Sure, I think likewise there should be an option to have true co-gm's. There should also be an option to make a guild ship purely the guild's and not associate to a "guild master" at all and at that point make the guild undisbandable... but none of that's happening either since we're in happy utopia theory land, and that wasn't what the topic was about.

Edited by siegeshot

All I'm asking for is a system where if the guild is going on hiatus (which guilds do all the time in between content), they can do so without unintentionally losing everything.

They already can go on hiatus without unintentionally losing everything. Nobody logging on for 3 months =/= guild disbanded. In fact, you're not even penalized.

So, what's your reasoning again, that this is needed?

GUILD MASTERS CAN ALREADY DO THIS!!!!!! IT'S CALLED DISBANDING THE GUILD! THEY ALREADY DO IT!! You already lose everything if the GM decides to hose you! It HAPPENS ALREADY!

Bitter much? I can't imagine that was a very good guild to begin with. Maybe consider not donating stuff if you don't trust the GM.

Also, currently they guildmaster can't just take the ship with him. If he disbands the guild, the ship is lost. If he kicks everyone else out, he's left with an empty guild. Most of the ship benefits are tied to guild conquests, and you don't have a shot at those alone.

Why would they "lose everything"? If the GM wants to play in another guild while other members are inactive, he can temporarily transfer leadership to someone else, or even his own alt. When the guild becomes active again, all the stuff will still be there.

It's a very, very extremely simple concept. So circling back around to the original topic, the guild ship should count as the guild master's personal stronghold. About 80% of the stuff in our stronghold was donated by me. I paid half of it out of my own pocket, the other half paid by someone that wasn't even in my guild...... the thing is basically mine for the guild. It's mine, and then the guild's.

Well, if you're the GM with the ship, what are you complaining about? You just want the extra stronghold bonus for personal conquests, don't you? If you wanted the stronghold for yourself, why didn't you make it a personal stronghold to begin with?

Very... very very simple concept. Very simple. You don't have to agree with it, but it's a simple concept. Having a "guild ship" tied to a "guild" offers no protection whatsoever. People just feel like it does because they're unable to think for them self.

True, there are no game mechanics to protect the members from a GM's tyranny. But what can you do? Anything can be abused in one way or another. Your best bet is to join a guild that is an actual community rather than a bunch of people collected with drive-by invites.

So just because in your particular case, you were the primary contributor to the guild ship, all guild ships should be the personal stronghold of the guild leader? Selfish much? I helped start a guild a few weeks before conquests and within a week we could afford the guild ship, because everyone contributed. If no one else in your guild wanted a guild ship enough to help raise funds for it, then they either won't use it and it's all yours, or they're mooching off of you and there's nothing stopping you from keeping them in your guild.