3 Stronghold Ideas

fondles_you

These are just a couple of ideas without going over the already most wanted strongholds like Alderaan or Hoth. I would love to hear feedback on these ideas to see what others think.

Space Station - A good sized space station with three levels, two hangars with starship hooks and one hangar with a centerpiece hook (in addition to other hooks in the hangars), multiple rooms of various sizes most of which have windows/ a window, and an large observation area on top (third level). All floors are accessed by stairs. The space station could be near a pulsar or something else spectacular in space.

Spira - A planet mostly covered in water with numerous islands and island chains dotting the planet. Here, the stronghold would be a luxurious mansion right on the beach of a private island. The rest of the island is about the size of the Yavin 4 SH and is covered in tropical flora. Unsure of what else may be on the island. Landing area? The time setting would be midnight, which is something different from the the other strongholds to date.

Luxury Cruise Liner - A fancy space cruiser for the rich and elite traveling through space. (If we can have a train SH traveling across a planet, we can have a ship traveling through space in a Star Wars game) A cruise liner with at least three decks, including an engine room and bridge, with multiple rooms of various sizes with windows/ a window. Very fancy looking. All floors are accessed with an elevator.

Edited by fondles_you

My Opinions:

Space Station: This would be good as we can't buy flagships for ourselves and would be very different to the strongholds currently available. However, I think it would be useful to have elevators if it is a large stronghold to speed up travel times. :D

Spira: A mansion similar to Coruscant would be nice with more rooms and possibly one or more starship hooks? It could be on the side of a mountain like the Master's Retreat on Tython at the start of the JK/JC storyline. There could also be a town nearby with a lot of different buildings/rooms which I would find more useful than natural areas but the rest of the space could be covered in tropical flora.

Cruise Liner: Again, we don't have personal flagship strongholds and I think this would be a good alternative as it would be distinctive from the guild ships and could be another option for neutral guilds if it was the same size as one. There's also a lot of spaces to add different sized rooms which would be very useful.

Overall I think all of them are good ideas and should be added at some point :)

Not against any of your ideas and I really like a space station stronghold but i was thinking of something a lot smaller. Maybe a 1/4 of the size of the Coruscant/DK apartments. Maybe something like Kaliyo's but with lots and lots of hooks as well as an outdoor patio and ship dock. Edited by TonyTricicolo

• 3 weeks later...

All three in the OP are pretty good ideas:

Space Station: Definitely with a special view, like a pulsar or even a flowing nebula. The sky on Ilum, or the mini-galaxy on Rishi, only more so.

Spira: Two thoughts on this: I'd pay CC for a base on a tropical beach like the Rakata FP (I really like the RIshi SH, but the scenery pales to Rakata). Frankly, if they just took the Rakata FP beach area and turned it into a stronghold, I'd be happy as a space clam.

Also, after running through the HK55 special, with its underwater section, I was hoping they would incorporate that. Still disappointed we don't have an actual underwater area we can decorate *and* walk around in.

Space Cruiser: Yep, a personal flagship would be a nice change of pace. Moving a guild ship is fun by itself, and being able to do that without the big expense, and not having to deal with guildies to do it? Yes, please.

Edited by Lord_Thorne

• 5 weeks later...

I came up with another idea for a place to put military decos for those who have themed Strongholds and have nowhere to really put down their military style decos.

Name?: D'Qar Outpost. Planet?: D'Qar. Time of Day: Mid-morning. Weather: Storming.

Size: ???

The Outpost is a map that has definitely seen action. Along the entire length of the 'front' edge of the map is a fortified barricade made up of logs, metal, and sandbags. The height of the fortified barricade varies down its length. Its lowest is the height of the tallest part of the Battle-Worn Barricade and the highest part of the fortified barricade is the highest part of the Settlement Barrier. The 'back' 1/4th of the SH map is a forested area where there is also a landing pad with a Spaceship hook. Between the fortified barricade and the forested area is an area that has some debris, a few fires, some knocked over trees, and a few different sized impact craters. In this devastated area but back near the edge of the forested area is a good sized command building that is two stories tall and has an accessible large balcony on the second story. (centerpiece being the largest hook. No Spaceship hook here)

The out of bounds area past the edges of the playable map is one big exhaustion zone. The fortified barricade extends in both directions, even past the playable areas. (Barricade could go behind a thicker part of the forest so the devs don't have to make it seem like it goes on forever.) On the other side of the fortified barricade is a No Man's Land similar to real world World War One.

• 3 weeks later...
Got an idea for a large SH map from Onderon: Either 1/2 or at least 1/3 of the map is a town similar to the Onderon towns. Most buildings can be entered and decorated but the wall that surrounds the town is only 1/4th the size of the town walls on Onderon. The rest of the map is wilderness. Jungle, forest, desert, frozen wastes, plains, or whatever the developers put. Maybe with some caves and if it isn't a frozen wastes map, a shallow river would run through the wilderness. I would also like this map to be in the dead of night with a full moon overhead.

I used to really want a ship stronghold. A cruise liner is a great idea, especially if it was neutral enough to be decorated either really fancy, completely derelict, or anything in between.

They teased us about a new stronghold with this expansion but I guess it's on the backburner.

Which is fine... there are so many bugs to patch...

I have to admit, I'm still really angry at the devs.

So many times they've created decorations with duplicate names, causing numerous problems.

And then they rarely fix it... years later.

They're still doing it.

How basic is it to check existing deco names before making a new one? Isn't that STEP ONE?

Not to mention the basic stronghold features they broke with this latest update.

Now doesn't seem like a good time for them to add anything. It'll be too buggy to enjoy.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 2 months later...

I know that at the time of writing this, the Alderaan SH is about to come out but I had this idea for a Stronghold that is a village. I have no idea what planet this would be on, but I personally don't think a planet needs to be named and this Stronghold can just be called 'Abandoned Village'.

The setting is at the dead of night with a full moon high in the sky. A light fog covers the area while a low-walled village with several buildings and narrow streets rests at one end of the playable map and the remaining playable map is covered in a spooky forest. I was thinking the map would be 1/3 village and 2/3 forest. A creek runs through the map somewhere. It is as wide and deep as the creek that runs through the Rishi SH map. The playable map area is surrounded by this spooky forest. Birds caw in the night and there are inhuman distant groans if you listen hard enough.

While in the forest, you'll here faint whispers like the ones you'll here in Jedi and Sith temples/tombs within the game already.

The village has a low wall surrounding it, every building is house sized and can be entered, one or two centerpiece hooks, and one spaceship hook. I am not going to list how the hooks are set up anywhere else because that would be ridiculous but I think a 'spooky scary' village and forest SH would be interesting.

These are just a couple of ideas without going over the already most wanted strongholds like Alderaan or Hoth. I would love to hear feedback on these ideas to see what others think.

Space Station - A good sized space station with three levels, two hangars with starship hooks and one hangar with a centerpiece hook (in addition to other hooks in the hangars), multiple rooms of various sizes most of which have windows/ a window, and an large observation area on top (third level). All floors are accessed by stairs. The space station could be near a pulsar or something else spectacular in space.

Spira - A planet mostly covered in water with numerous islands and island chains dotting the planet. Here, the stronghold would be a luxurious mansion right on the beach of a private island. The rest of the island is about the size of the Yavin 4 SH and is covered in tropical flora. Unsure of what else may be on the island. Landing area? The time setting would be midnight, which is something different from the the other strongholds to date.

Luxury Cruise Liner - A fancy space cruiser for the rich and elite traveling through space. (If we can have a train SH traveling across a planet, we can have a ship traveling through space in a Star Wars game) A cruise liner with at least three decks, including an engine room and bridge, with multiple rooms of various sizes with windows/ a window. Very fancy looking. All floors are accessed with an elevator.

While the Spira and Luxury Cruise Liner both have merit … I have also suggested the space station.

Here are a few thoughts to add to yours regarding that idea:

***Space Station Type***

A. Location: My personal thought on this would be to initially locate it on the outer rim. This might work well with the current story and fit well with the past stories whether LS or DS. ALSO … as a possible suggestion it should be considered to be able to relocate what sector of space (based on current map) to relocate to for a "nominal charge either in CC or credits".

B. Design features

This station should have:

1. An over all design style on the interior that simular to the "City in the Clouds" from Star Wars "The Empire Strikes Back". Development would use their discretion to design as needed or desired .. just make it fun and unique !

2. At least one observation deck to view the open stars around us … This would be a great view from a "clear domed area in the center top or bottom … that gives a breath taking view of space. This would be a real challenge for the team.. but IMO … worth it ! Design MIGHT include a loading dock for player ship.

3. Larger than Manaan … probably somewhat like Nar Shaddaa … with a few more rooms attached to the central focal point of each floor. .. THREE floors perhaps … PLUS the spectacular view from the observation deck.

Edited by OlBuzzard

• 5 months later...

Planet: Mimban or Vendara. The Strongholds don't have to just be on the planets in game.

Biome: A clearing at the edge of a swamp where the playable area is more muddy ground and some grass than water but of course there will still be some water in the playable area which any player can run through. Trees are spread out for the most part so decorations can be put down but there are some small areas that can have a more dense population of trees.

Description: A large Stronghold map like Alderaan, large swamp village, midnight with a full moon, spooky atmosphere with a small bit of Lovecraftian nods/hints, an area where you are in the swamp outside of the village. (I got the idea for this map from the Call of Duty Ghosts map 'Fog'

) A large swamp river acts as a boundary on one side of the map while the other three sides are land.

Village -- The map in mind would be roughly a little over half of it being the village. I'm not sure what the buildings would look like but there would be several buildings of various sizes and each one can be entered (unlockable) and decorated on the inside. I definitely don't want ruins to be the main area like in Yavin 4 SH or the Rishi SH but maybe a ruined stone building somewhere in the swamp area. A single landing pad with a starship hook will be at one end of the village near the edge of the map. The starting point for this Stronghold would be near the landing pad. A wooden palisade wall would surround the village. Underneath two of the buildings (not next door to each other) are secret basements. Maybe they connect with a small tunnel?

Swamp -- The rest of the map will be the area of swamp the player can run around in. At least 2 more starship hooks can be found within the swamp. A path goes through the swamp to the village area. The trees in this area are, for the most part, spread out enough for decoration placement. To be realistic, this area would probably have to be unlocked so unlocking a village gate within the palisade wall would do it.

Cave -- A small hidden cave can be found in the swamp. Its size is almost as large as the cave on the Alderaan SH. It is dark, wet, and has no natural light sources. Maybe the devs can put a mystery in this hidden cave.

Easter Egg: Just outside of the playable area (within spitting distance basically) a Republic T3 CLARION has crash landed in the swamp. A nod to Luke crash landing in the swamps of Dagobah.

Note: Going outside of the playable area wouldn't just give you an exhaustion zone warning but instead, the player would have fifteen seconds before being instantly killed in one of two ways. The first way is for the land boundaries where after fifteen second of being outside of the map boundary, a horrifying creature sprints out of some foliage at the player, slashes the player once with it's claws and killing the player instantly, and then the creature sprints back into the swampy foliage. The other way to die outside of the map boundaries is going into the river. The deepest the river gets is chest deep but after fifteens seconds of being out of bounds while in the river, a crocodile-like creature will pop up and drag the player down to a watery grave.

• 2 weeks later...

SWTOR Victorian Themed Stronghold

I'm not sure how well this could be done but I am thinking of something like this but mixed with Star Wars.

Not sure what planet it would be on.

The atmosphere would be like how it is in the video, except no rain. Nighttime with some mist/fog. Crescent moon. The neighborhood would have a similar style.

There would be a large manor house with a courtyard. This could go well with those who are seeking a stronghold that resembles an actual home. The manor house would have three stories plus a basement. 3/4 of the map would be the manor house while the remaining space would be the courtyard behind the manor. There would also be small front yard as well. Default spawn would be by the front gate in the front yard. The SH border for the outside areas would be a brick wall just tall enough to not jump over and a tall hedge surrounding the courtyard.

Again, not sure how well this would work but what do you all think?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm still dreaming of a Copero stronghold. I'd love to see the townn section made into a stronghold. I'd want a big living area with a garden, but it would also be fun to have the town and streets there so we could make little stores and restaurants. I made my Tatooine into a resort but I think Copero would be perfect for something like that. I'd totally strip out my Tatooine resort and create a little vacation town if they just give us Copero.

I'm still dreaming of a Copero stronghold. I'd love to see the townn section made into a stronghold. I'd want a big living area with a garden, but it would also be fun to have the town and streets there so we could make little stores and restaurants.

I really love the idea of having city streets and side buildings where we could build out stores and restaurants and repair shops. That's what I was really hoping for with the Rishi SH, but instead it's a PVP rust-town.

I really love the idea of having city streets and side buildings where we could build out stores and restaurants and repair shops. That's what I was really hoping for with the Rishi SH, but instead it's a PVP rust-town.

I've used A LOT of Tatooine walls to hide the rust and yuck of Rishi. I'm pretty pleased with how much I've been able to hide. Still, it really was a disappointment. Granted, Copero is my ultimate dream stronghold. I've literally gone through the fp and killed everything once or twice just so I could wander the streets without hassle. It would be so much fun to have that little town to decorate and make our own.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A snowy mountain valley village.

Planet: Meris V

Time of day: Midnight with a full moon. A few clouds on a starry night.

Map size: Roughly the same as Alderaan.

A village nestled in a flatter part of a snowy mountainous valley. The buildings are more or less modern. The idea is that this is the beginning of a mining settlement as Meris V is an untapped planet ripe for mining. There are numerous one story and two story buildings, some small, some medium, and at least one large building that can be entered and decorated. Many of the small and medium sized buildings can be entered and decorated but not all. There is also an open, snowy field right next to the village that can have decorations placed. One side of the village is a landing zone with two Starship hooks and one Starship hook in the snowy field.

Another area is the mining cave, which would be similar to Alderaan's cave at the mine's entrance (obviously without the Killiks stuff) but would also tunnel further into the mountain similar the Yavin 4's cave. The cave is completely empty so that players can decorate the cave/mine as they wish so the players are not forced into having a mine in their stronghold.

The boundaries of this area would be as such: To one side, you have a side of a hill, cliff, or mountain that is impossible to go up. At each end of the village is an exhaustion zone where it warns the player they are about to freeze to death as their health gets lower and lower. At the side of the village opposite of the hill, cliff, or mountain is a crystal clear ice cold river that flows by that acts as another exhaustion zone that also warns the player they are about to freeze to death as their health lowers.

Hi ,

I have idea about strongholds in general. Is to extends the limits of moving decorations in edition mod.

Because i think that 20 or -20 in vertical or in horizontal is very few, why don't they extend the limit by 30, -30 ?

I think there is another thread for that kind of question. This thread is just about new stronghold ideas, not general questions about current strongholds or their mechanics.

Hi ,

I have idea about strongholds in general. Is to extends the limits of moving decorations in edition mod.

Because i think that 20 or -20 in vertical or in horizontal is very few, why don't they extend the limit by 30, -30 ?

The reason is that is the limit the dev's placed on them and that is something people have requested quite a bit in other posts about strongholds.