Anyone levelled the same class twice?

ZakMorgan

My main is a lvl 50 Sniper, but I want to level a healer. I really liked the mechanics of the Scoundrel/Operative but I'm not fond of the Republic Side, so it looks like im going to level yet another Agent to 50 (there's also the fact I absolutely love the aesthetics and style of the class).

I'm curious if anyone has done anything similar and whether they found it excessively boring or perhaps still enjoyable. I imagine space-barring myself through most the quests with plenty of XP boosts but don't want to feel like its too much of a chore.

(Oh and by same class I mean within the same major class and not AC. So I'd consider a Powertec and Mercenary the same class for example)

Edited by ZakMorgan

I did it 4 times with each of the Republic classes, such that I have a 50 of every Repub AC, and I kept myself amused by having each run use different companions and follow a different alignment option. As such, it played remarkably differently: playing as a DS healer Commando with Forex or Tanno Vik provides a very different feel for the story than running as an LS tank VG with Elara Dorne or Jorgan.

The important thing is making sure you run a story that you enjoyed the first time through. I doubt you'll like it any more coming from the opposite alignment perspective if you didn't like it on your initial run.

Well I absolutely adored the IA story so that was never an issue.

I do plan on rolling a Chiss this time round compared to my dull Human but I'm probably going down the same alignment. I've had a lot of fun with my scoundrel and have decided I want that type of healer to be my main but I'd rather stay Imperial, hence rerolling an operative.

Just curious, is there anyway to make the levelling less laborious? I was thinking of just getting the early speeder legacy perks, as well getting cybertech and keeping my orange gear up to date.

My first character was a Juggernaut on a PvP server. I rerolled on to a PvE server and played another Juggernaut. I got both to 50 and wasn't bored with the class story the second time around. But it's one of my favorite Star Wars stories of all time. And I know someone who rolled two agents and she didn't get bored with her class story the second time around either. Neither one of us did any spacebarring for the class quests

I guess it just depends on if you're the type of person who can watch a movie a second time and still enjoy it.

Now the world quests are a different story. If I do them on every character I create, I get bored with them. So I usually use PvP for making up the experience I lose from passing up on world quests. But if you're a healer you can do the flashpoints to do the same thing since you won't have to wait as long in the queues.

Edited by Xargyn

So only my powertech and jug I lvled them in heavy pve ing after getting bored of the same dailies and always random pvp geared marauders that I would get every day in the GF and my guild died so no ops(both toons I was tank) so I said let's try PvP then got super crushed on both they got like valor 10 each so then I said fine then I m rerollin and lvled another jug pvp wise ONLY and reached 50 with him too, got a really good time, I got MVP votes over double of my win count he s valor 60 something and after that all my next alts I would do only class quest then lvl PvPing so now all my 50s got minimum valor 50. 5 more lvl on vanguard and he reaches 50 too, so in conclusion I got 2 lvl 50 jug and a 34 guardian; lvl 50 pt and 45 vanguard; and also a shadow and an assassin both lvl 31, I m having a blast in PvP and because of so much PvP my 1st match of lvl 50 PvP I could afford wh main and off hand and a full battle master set right off the bat. The secret is to stack those 900 wz comm weapons and refresh them every time you can to keep their refund function going it got a 2 hour refund time.

Do you guys not get bored? Do you spacebar most the quests?

No. I actually like the story. In fact, I can mention things that made me like it even more.

Vette from the Sith Warrior story is friends with Risha from the Smuggler story. The Bounty Hunter gets the Supreme Chancelor to step down, he is replaced by Saresh from Taris, this is why you see her as the new Supreme Chancelor in the Jedi Consular ending. Technically, your Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor must run into each other, with you being the Warrior being the Wrath and the inquisitor being on the council. Same as the jedi.

How can anyone get bored when it is one large story. Going back and forth between stories and seeing them again just shows you how interwined everything is.

My Shadow Tank was my second run through of the Consular story. However, I purchased every possible leveling perk and did space missions for additional xp.

This allowed me to focus on mainly the class missions (which I had only seen once before) and not the side missions (which I had seen 4 times before).

How can anyone get bored when it is one large story. Going back and forth between stories and seeing them again just shows you how interwined everything is.

If you follow Qyzen's story as a Consular, you find out that Mako owes Qyzen a pretty substantial favor for something done before you ever met him. In addition, Lt. Iresso used to be stationed with Jorgan from the Trooper story and even comments on him being a bit of a hardass (and mentions ironically that Jorgan should be a high ranking officer by now when Jorgan has been demoted such that Iresso actually outranks him). There's also the fact that Kira's story involves the Children of the Emperor, which is a major part of the Consular storyline as well. All of the interaction between the class stories, the companions, and other NPCs does a pretty good job of creating a single universe that everything exists within.

With all of this, I'm curious whether the writers will do something similar with all of the class stories on Makeb or whether it will just be a single story with a different primary actor for each.

Of all the class stories to be considering a second run through, the Agent is probably the best. The outcome of the story is actually DIFFERENT if you go full light side vs. full dark side.

And the play mechanics of the sniper v. operative are also pretty different. You may do the exact same quests, but the way you do them feels different, too.

My advice, just roll through Agent II. When the cutscenes have a "seen this before" feel to them, start picking off the wall dialogue options to see what your guy says, and if that fails, use spacebar.

I am trying to level another of the same class twice. 2nd Operative that I want to dedicate to healing only (yeah I'm aware of respec), the class story is always entertaining. Especially the IA in particular, since when the agent is "underdcover" the agent speaks with a 'Muuurrican accent, and then back to Brit when not undercover.

World quests I tend to just super-spacebar through. It's a shame though because I noticed each class and gender has it's own subtleties that are just too small to stop and smell. Different NPC's have different reactions to you. Just not worth the time-ratio to stop and witness it when all you're trying to do is get your 2nd 50 of the same class.

I have 2 lvl 50 Marauders, a 38 Jugg, a 20 Marauder, and a couple other different classes around 39-ish.

I spacebar every SW quest since I've been in Beta a year before release and know the voiceovers front and back.

I just love the Marauder, it's such a fun class to play, and you literally destroy everything in your path.