Classes you enjoy playing in PVP

Dundake

So the game has been out for roughly two months now, with all the whine and complaining on the forums, thought it was actually time to post something constructive. Despite the problems this games PvP system has, what classes do you find yourself enjoy playing? So far I have leveled a Vanguard and Sorc to 50, both of them rank 50 in valor and I have to say the Sorc bores the hell out of me.

The Vanguard itself matches my play style, being able to take a bit of damage and utilizing some of the hybrid builds out there, have a nasty set of tools and damage.

Wanted to see what you all enjoyed playing so far. Both Guardians/Juggernauts and Marauders/Sentinels seem fun to play despite the kiting issues. On the other hand, Gunnery/arsenal seems probably one of the most boring play styles I've seen.

So you have a sorc and marauder for pvp and are looking for a new class? Lolwut? Marauder is not hard. I click and walk backwards. And I'm like a buzzsaw of death. With a healer I go from scary to nightmare.

After finally playing sorc I wonder why no nerfs. They stack too well. 5 of them in wz is ezmode.

Ok you said vanguard not marauder. I have a mirror in powertech. Hes seriously op too.

Tldr. You picked all top Dps classes and still trolling for Dps?

Edited by Sanzibal

I've got a scoundrel, sorc, and sentinel

Hate playing the sorc, pvp doesn't even feel like pvp, hardly anything seems reactive, no prediction necessary. In warzones I feel like i'm just going through my rotation and knocking people back when they get close.

I kinda like the scoundrel, but lets be honest, it's a one trick pony, and that trick was burst.

Now that the burst is average I don't really see much of a point to the class, it feels like an immobile assassin with a lower skillcap and no defensive cds.

Loving the sentinel though, overall amazing playstyle, there's just always something I can do, and always something I can do better. 2v1ing crappy marauders is also really fun.

Edited by Aidank

So you have a sorc and marauder for pvp and are looking for a new class? Lolwut? Marauder is not hard. I click and walk backwards. And I'm like a buzzsaw of death. With a healer I go from scary to nightmare.

After finally playing sorc I wonder why no nerfs. They stack too well. 5 of them in wz is ezmode.

Ok you said vanguard not marauder. I have a mirror in powertech. Hes seriously op too.

Tldr. You picked all top Dps classes and still trolling for Dps?

Please read the Original post before you open that obnoxious black hole on your face.

Since this guy can't stay on topic I will:

I enjoy the Juggernaut (Immortal Spec) in pvp. The ability to guard someone and with the proper usages of taunts make them invincible until they take you out. (Works wonders on the ball carriers and or healers), is just to good to be true. That and non channeled force choke to get in position to force push someone off a ledge...perfect. Force leap for gap closing, force push to reset the CD of Force leap. Theres so much you can do, so little time XD.

Edited by Tharenisis

I don't see very many but I play full Darkness spec 31/0/10 Assassin (tank). I've really been enjoying the playstyle. It's challenging enough to keep things interesting. I am really liking that you can actually play a tank/harass type role in SWTOR pvp. I never top the damage charts but that's not why rolled this character. So far, very entertained.

Started with a Sorc. Parked him at lvl 45 because it was truly boring and no challenge. Rolled an Arsenal spec Merc. Altho fun as hell with alot of mobility I got bored with him to and now only do the pvp daily then log him off.

Have a lvl 24 Powertech but not playing him atm. Was supposed to be my PvE tank. Friend and guildie rolled a tank with his mrs being healer so I figured let him handle it and I'll go pewpew dps instead :)

At the moment playing a jugg, sniper and operative.

Played properly the sniper is immense, I'm just having a hard time adjusting to the "turret" type fighting.

The jugg is cool, tank spec in pvp is fun but low level so to be really succesful I need a pocket healer (wich I have most of the times).

Love my operative. Only level 14 and rolled after the nerf and having an awesome time sneaking around picking my targets.

Always played stealth classes in earlier MMO's so when SW:TOR began I figured I wouldn't this time but meh.. It's to much fun to pass on. Can't wait to get up in levels to where skill actually does matter. 10-49 with bolster is just meh.. Fun but meh ;)

I have a 50 Soc and it is boring as all get out..... I respec alot out of bordom trying new templates ect....

I keep wanting to make a new guy but everytime i get around 20 i end up deleting it cuz i hate doing the same boring quests.

If thats the case what you can do then is play pvp only exclusively and only do the class quests of your class thats only a few quests every planet.

While you play pvp youll also get your coms your valor, by the time you reach lvl 50 again with your new toon that toon will most likely be very close to valor 60 or at the very least past 30-40. You'll also be able to buy the pvp gear for certain lvls as you lvl up so youre gear pvp wise will also be much better then a freshly dinged lvl 50 that just starts pvping.

I myself enjoy vanguard immensely. Just yesterday my lvl 46 ended up 2nd as top dps, but I was the only one with 30K + protection and that we won made it even sweeter, knowing that I played a part in it. The trooper in general as reactive shield and adrenaline rush which are perfect for surviving attacks, not only that being able to aoe taunt from range versus say the jedi guardian where I have to be more or less in the center of enemies to hit the most people makes it all that just more preferable.

Then as a tank speced vanguard, Im able to charge(aka force leap) great distances from ground even to platforms and so on. Being able to harpoon ball carriers in huttball from the platforms close to our goal back to the ground is just priceless, same with pulling people into the acid pits. Another thing is pulling light armor, like SI or jedi consular into my group and then they get stomped to death. Being a tank here actually has more of a use then just carrying the flag like in wsg or eots in wow.

If im having this much fun, I simply can't want till lvl 50, random pugs may be bad, but if I can make that much of difference during lower lvls, I know I can at lvl 50.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee

Here's what I currently play. With a short summary of how I play the class...

Lvl 50 Darkness Sin - Love It!!! I can guard PVP objectives all day. Against lesser geared players I can even kill a couple people.

lvl 37 Merc - I float back and forth between tracer spec and dot spec - like it. Tracer spam isn't as boring as you might think :) Rail Shot after building 6 stacks of tracer lock makes me smile.

lvl 27 Marauder - Rage spec - Love it!!! Jump in, kill a dude and injure 3 of his buddies, die, repeat

lvl 25 sorc - boring

Sith Warrior.

Nothing like using that force push and then leap in the middle of the fight, just feels so aggressive. Not my ""strongest"" class that i am playing but definitaly most fun to me.

Edited by kirorx

Here's what I currently play. With a short summary of how I play the class...

Lvl 50 Darkness Sin - Love It!!! I can guard PVP objectives all day. Against lesser geared players I can even kill a couple people.

lvl 37 Merc - I float back and forth between tracer spec and dot spec - like it. Tracer spam isn't as boring as you might think :) Rail Shot after building 6 stacks of tracer lock makes me smile.

lvl 27 Marauder - Rage spec - Love it!!! Jump in, kill a dude and injure 3 of his buddies, die, repeat

lvl 25 sorc - boring

that right there. I was in civil war the other day, i was guarding an objective when 5 rebs went to hit it, i was able to keep them off until help arrived i loled

Kinetic Combat(31/3/7) Shadow - Main - Lvl 50 - 66 Valor - Love it! Really powerful. Not crazy bout the Surge nerf, but I understand it applies to everyone, so my toughness will be a greater benefit now in extended fights. Great mobility, and overall utility.

Assault Spec Vanguard - Lvl 36 - Liked it. Plays a lot like the Shadow actually, but lack the short def cooldowns I'd grown to love. Undecided overall.

Scrapper Smuggler - Lvl36 - Switched to Scrapper once I realized my hybrid Dirty Fighting build just doesn't work well. Lost interest in the class(way before the nerf). Lack of mobilty drove me crazy. Was actually my first char., so I'm sure I'll give it another try at some point.

Jedi Consular - Lvl18 - Only played 2 days and a few warzones, but man was it boring. I don't want to evaluate based on such a short experience, but terrible intial impression.

Jedi Knight Sentinel - Lvl14 - Lot of fun, but certainly not a relaxing playstyle. Great class for when I want to give the game my full attention. Unfortunately, that's only on the rare weekend.

Smuggler Gunslinger - Lvl20 - Current Alt - Favorite alternative to my main Shadow I've found so far. Completely diff. playstyle, and loads of fun! A class a think suffers about as much from lack of player understanding as Sentinels/Marauders do. It's odd that a "casting" class can be played so poorly by most. But this class takes exceptional awarness and positioning by the player. And for the love of god quit posting PvP specs that don't reduce both Flash Grenade and Dirty Kick by 15secs...That's freakin huge for this class.

My mains a 50 jug and I'm trying to lvl a sorc and merc. At my sorc current level 23 it feels like its missing something and my merc @ 30 lacks just about everything.

Could be a L2p on the sorc/merc, but the jugg feels like its the most useful/enjoyable for pvp. As a merc I cant do much of anything other than pure DPS / debuff. People complain about constant tracer missiles? I use them about 30% of the time maybe.....but it seems like 80% of the things I do with the sorc is constant lightning.

+1 for jugg is fun, but i might try tank assassin for a change of pace since there seem to be a lot of juggs

-1 to merc tracer not being as boring as people say. It is. THe only way to tolerate my merc is to heal. I run the 24/17/x werdan spec and it is awesome.

rolling sniper and operative now