I’ve Done Something Sad. Help.

Joluka

This is one of the things that bugs me the most. As said above, no you wont have another interaction with him, at least for now. You just had the 2-minute cutscene and that's about it, nothing else. No more love scenes, no more dialogue, not even more comments when you go into an impressive place, you wont notice he is there anymore.

And this is the same for each and every companion that has come back so far. As i see it, companions meant a great deal for many of us, plenty of players stated how they grew attached to their companions. And still, they didnt get the attention they deserved when reappearing. And still, you must be thankful. While there are plenty of things i like about the game, this is probably one of the things i dislike most.

Edited by DeVanagloris

This is one of the things that bugs me the most. As said above, no you have another interaction with him, at least for now. You just had the 2-minute cutscene and that's about it, nothing else. No more love scenes, no more dialogue, not even more comments when you go into an impressive place, you wont notice he is there anymore.

And this is the same for each and every companion that has come back so far. As i see it, companions meant a great deal for many of us, plenty of players stated how they grew attached to their companions. And still, they didnt get the attention they deserved when reappearing. And still, you must be thankful. While there are plenty of things i like about the game, this is probably one of the things i dislike most.

Agreed so much with this, companions were such a big part of the story and the leveling experience, during Cartel and Revan expansions they were largely ignore but we managed because they were there, it was a continuation of our adventure, but here, there is a freaking 5+ years skip and you were separated the whole time, it needs to be adressed.

At the very freaking least have some conversations with LI available, let us talk to them in our strongholds and probe them for what they have been doing the last 7 years or so, make it the same way we have conversations with Ranos or our advisors, repeatable and with multiple choices, without it having to be voiced and accessible when in the aliance base or our stroghold and they are not our companion, its not even that much writing.

I took back Risha and actually played a few days before to get back in the habit thinking it would be an *Adventure* and a lot of shooting, I didn't want to take the chance of F***ing it up because of being Rusty with the actions. After that little "Follow the hints" I found them (cut scene I was walking slowly pistol(s) out ((still expecting the big fight before the prize)) that short dialog then it was over. In the end Risha just explained why the silence tying their hiding out on Dubrillion then Arcann/ Vaylins bombardment leading to their silence. Risha's last words "If you disappear again I'll put a giant Bounty on you". That's a Sarcastic joke and Risha is a bit ..coarse *At times, but it's Not really how that character is (Poorly written or the Writers adding them-self to somebody else's made characters).

That's it so far; as a matter of fact it took longer to compose this post then that reunion with Two people (Both potential L.I.'s too).

I Really do hope there's more Original Companion time in SWTORs future. The games mechanics didn't make SWTOR great, The "Star Wars" theme and logo is its Crutch, Its the stories and especially its "Most fleshed out companions in any game" that made SWTOR great, neglecting that degrades the games best part.

Edited by MikeCobalt

They've essentially bricked almost all of the LIs from the class stories. With the exception of Raina, they're all either killable, can be sent away, or were brought back in AAs so they have no further role in the main story. Considering that Doc, Nadia and Jaesa are all apparently class-specific too, that trend seems to be continuing.

Koth has already been dumped to the wayside like the class story companions. Considering the story is moving away from KOTFE/KOTET I'd expect the same to happen with Theron, Lana and Arcann.

It's a real shame. The companions do mean a lot to people and it would be nice if they spent at least a little effort on small scenes with the LIs. It would be brilliant to have conversations with them again.

I don't even understand how they got the actors to come into the studio just to record a couple lines. Seems like it would have cost them more to get there than they wouldv'e been paid.

AFAIK they actually do a lot of work for multiple story segments in one session and do additional voices.

Well...since the general lack of story content is severe we didn't even have many chances for future companion interactions post KOTET. I guess we will get ingame mails from our LIs until every companion has returned and that's it. Putting much effort / money into additional companion scenes isn't worth the trouble considering how small the team is right now. I always thought that the Lana / Theron romances would be the main romances from now on, but then they made Theron killable, which makes me fear for Lanas ingame existence too. Right now she is the only remaining LI that may get further scenes in the future. But if they make her killable too in 5.10 or 6.0 i guess that's it for me.

AFAIK they actually do a lot of work for multiple story segments in one session and do additional voices.

That's the way I knew it to work as well, but what story segments and additional voices might they be doing? That implies a lot of possibilities but I'm not feeling optimistic enough to hope that swtor or any game BW is working on would need so much voice work at the moment.

I wish I could have worded that in a way to sound less like a downer but I couldn't figure out a way :p

That's the way I knew it to work as well, but what story segments and additional voices might they be doing? That implies a lot of possibilities but I'm not feeling optimistic enough to hope that swtor or any game BW is working on would need so much voice work at the moment.

I wish I could have worded that in a way to sound less like a downer but I couldn't figure out a way :p

True, I'm not feeling hopeful either. :( I do remember Scourge's v/o artist saying that he was in the studio for SWTOR quite some time ago, though, and IIRC Charles Boyd also mentioned on Twitter that some new v/o recording was happening within the recent past. Whether it will ever see the light of day remains to be seen but it sounds as though they did have the voiceover artists doing stuff.

I don't even understand how they got the actors to come into the studio just to record a couple lines. Seems like it would have cost them more to get there than they wouldv'e been paid.

I think it amounts to more than a few lines for some, like for Scourge, it's my understanding he'll have a fair bit to say/do in 6.0. I hope we get to experience that. :) I also think they added some barks from him in various places, not a 100% certain, but they were certainly new to me when I was running through.

I just finished KOTET as a female smuggler and took back Corso before going through the awful breakup scene with Theron.

So... please tell me I’ll be able to speak to Corso again. If I can’t, then crap. Lol.

I feel your pain. I did that on my Sage. Took Ilresso back because I felt terrible to break up with him after what he went through, then had to face Theron. That was awful. From now on, I stick to one romance and decide ahead of time who I want that character to ultimately be with. I feel too guilty with the whole cheating thing, especially when you play a Jedi.

I currently have a smuggler that I romanced Koth with and since the devs seem to have forgotten he existed now, I don't think it will be too hard to take Corso back when we meet up.

What really has me irked is that their mouths do not move anymore when you get them back. If you click on them they say their lines but they don't move their lips. I used to have fun just clicking on my companions over and over when I was bored. Now it's just irritating.

It has long been my thought that love interest interactions are slowly being phased out of the game. With the advent of killable love interest characters, it pretty much cinched that deal for me. I think we'll be lucky to get a letter from them in the future, I don't count on much if any interaction with them from now on.

One thing I hope BW doesn't do is to introduce a new love interest as quest givers as they did with Lana and Theron, since I suspect that with 5.10 those two will be pretty much bricked anyway. Oh, and what happened to Koth?

I do hope I'm wrong and they figure some way to bring our LI companions into the story even if it's just a simple 'take care out there', but I'm not holding my breath. I think they'll become like pets in any other game out there.

Don't mean to be a downer, but I've tried to temper expectations a lot where BioWare is concerned.

If the companions and especially L..I.'s become nothings then SWTOR will be no better then every other game on the Internet; only thing with that is Every other game on the internet is New, better mechanics, Modern figures, much larger worlds and Tremendous Budgets. SWTOR cant compete with the other games on Their terms. Many other games have "Followers" they may say a bit on their introduction and a response or two upon entering area's but their little more then nothing.

If the companions and especially L..I.'s become nothings then SWTOR will be no better then every other game on the Internet; only thing with that is Every other game on the internet is New, better mechanics, Modern figures, much larger worlds and Tremendous Budgets. SWTOR cant compete with the other games on Their terms. Many other games have "Followers" they may say a bit on their introduction and a response or two upon entering area's but their little more then nothing.

Exactly. Personal interactions have made SWTOR stand on its own against other games. It's that uniqueness that keeps sucking me back in. If that's lost, I will be quite sad, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Exactly. Personal interactions have made SWTOR stand on its own against other games. It's that uniqueness that keeps sucking me back in. If that's lost, I will be quite sad, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You're not the only one. I love the companions and chats/adventures we get to have with them. I love that we have them and that it's all fully voiced. It makes Swtor head and shoulders above the rest. No other game even comes close as far as I'm concerned.