FINALLY full BM now....

Trantzz

I would first like to sincerely thank the wonderful BH community. You have all helped me more than you know.

I am a part time player. New Dad, career...BLAH BLAH BLAH...

I just purchased my last piece of BM gear and am saving up for my WH weapon. I have a few question on how to proceed:

Running Pyro, 7/3/31

1: Should I augment all my BM gear? I have the ability to craft the Aug Kits myself? Or should I wait for WH?

2: My Expertise is around 1,200 what is our soft cap? (I looked around and couldn't find a post about it)

3: If I augment my BM I assume I should go with Aim then Power once aim hits a certain number (1,800 maybe?)

4: ANY other word of wisdom are welcome!

Thank you all again for your input.

OK first. Find gear you look good in. This is rule #1. Again, Rule #1, LOOK GOOD smoking people in WZ's. I have an Iron Man look for pvp and Imperial Pilot for PVE.

Then augment this gear, put in the armoring/mods/enhancements from the BM shells. Save shells to buy WH gear. And repeat what you just did withBM. Save BM for companion or Alt (can use BoL gear to mail the armroings/mods/enhacnements).

There is no expertise Cap at this time. Expertise is pretty linear. So stack it all the way. In all WH i'm like 1344.

OK i have all 4 buffs along with 6% aim, this makes even at 2.1k AIM>power still. You will have to do math and figure it out for your own gear. Power 1 = .23 damage, Aim = .2 dam and like .06 crit (or some crap, you can find this number). The ONLY stat Aim DR's on is crit. But you get 6% and 5% from buffs. Which increases that dam to .2222, If you have 9% aim you get .228. So to me is loosing .08 dam vs w/e crit. That is what you have to determine. I go All aim even in PVE. For augments anyways. I go tons of power on my enhancements/mods. Like I go with the 51 aim 39 power vs the 64 aim 12 power mods. Give up 13 aim for 27 power. That's just a no brainer. Right now I'm buying 4 more CT boots to equip all my WH gear with that 1 mod.

See this is another reason all my Augments are aim, even in PVE gear. I might hit 2-2.1k aim, but I sacrifice a bunch of AIM for even MORE power on my mods. So I'd rather make up the aim in augments.

Lastly, LOOK GOOD PvP'ing.

Edited by dardack

What a totally CLASSIC reply! You don'y know me from BOO but I always say "If you can't be good LOOK GOOD!"

Thank you very much for all the information. Much appreciated!

No doubt. I had all augmented gear pre 1.3, but I wore my Iron Man outfit instead. Looking good is what it's all about.

Remember one thing before doing anything. If you plan to turn in your BM for WH you have to turn the shell in. If you go ahead and augment that shell now you are going to have to still turn it in later for WH and you will lose the augment, at least the main five pieces.

Remember one thing before doing anything. If you plan to turn in your BM for WH you have to turn the shell in. If you go ahead and augment that shell now you are going to have to still turn it in later for WH and you will lose the augment, at least the main five pieces.

You can pull the augment out, but yes You'll loose all those Kits you spent putting the slot in.

You can pull the augment out, but yes You'll loose all those Kits you spent putting the slot in.

After Dardack's post I went ahead and Augmented my matching TT-17a Hydra set (all 7 pieces, took FOREVER to assemble). Glad I didn't touch the BM shells.

Will I have to put the MODS back into the BM gear before I trade it in for WH?

Ok, I have been working at getting all my BM stats into my augmented orange hydra set. The BM waist/bracers do not have removable MODS. So on those pieces I assume I should augment the actual BM piece? I tried to remove the Mod/Armoring from a spare set to BM boots I had but the armoring wouldn't work (feet specific?)

On the WH set are the Belt/Bracers removable?

Otherwise the Orange belt/bracers would be useless in PvP?

Is there any other way to use my Orange belt/bracers at this point (full BM only)? Like D posted earlier I would like to STYLE a bit in a matching "action figure" set of gear.....

Thank again!

If you are playing casually I would suggest augmenting your gear if you have the credits. Personally, I have waited to get the war hero piece before I augment them due to the cost of the augments currently. Also, there may be some gear that you prefer to wear instead.

If you are playing casually I would suggest augmenting your gear if you have the credits. Personally, I have waited to get the war hero piece before I augment them due to the cost of the augments currently. Also, there may be some gear that you prefer to wear instead.

In hindsight this would have been the best option. I ended up transferring all of my Mods/Armoring from my BM gear into my augmented Hydra set. Forgetting that the 4 piece perk is connected to the SHELLS on the BM set. So now I look AWESOME ( in my opinion), and fully augmented but do NOT have the 4 piece eliminator crit bonus.

On top of that I ASSumed that the WH bracers/belt had removable Mods. So I bought the WH bracers( hoping to move the WH stats to my MATCHING Hydra bracers) only to find out that I am an idiot and that isn't the case ( trial and error!)

I went from 1.5 mil to just over 400k. Now I have to decide if I should move all my Mods back into the BM, then Augment the BM JUST to get my 4 piece perk back......

Thoughts? Feel free to flame away, I deserve it!

Not with BM gear.

Exactly, and I remember reading this (after the fact), I have been pretty viable thus far in non-ranked PvP without the 4 piece perk. I can almost afford the WH boots. I think I will just try to grind out another piece or two and then worry about getting the 4 piece perk back.

Exactly, and I remember reading this (after the fact), I have been pretty viable thus far in non-ranked PvP without the 4 piece perk. I can almost afford the WH boots. I think I will just try to grind out another piece or two and then worry about getting the 4 piece perk back.

Yup. And sadly for BH it's not a bad perk to have.

Where as for example, on my operative, I could care less if I have no set bonus...1 second to evasion? And extra infiltrate? Yeah no thanks...