"Prelude to KOTFE" to "KOTFE" (Knights of the Fallen Empire)

Splooshs

1) I completed the mission "Prelude to Knights of the Fallen Empire". It said to go to the Ship Mission Console. I did. The only mission available is "Chapter 1: The Hunt". I WAS on chapter 5, I thought. What happened? Is this correct? How did I go from chapter 5 back to chapter 1? I assumed the chapters would continue numerically, 1 - 16. Not jump around, 1 - 5, and back to 1 again.

2) When I clicked on this NEW chapter 1, the prelude ended. Now, when I click the PLAY button to start this chapter, it gives a disclaimer message that says I am at a critical point and my companions will dramatically change behaviors, and if I haven't finished all class stories that I wouldn't be able to after clicking PLAY. I DID finish ALL companion stories. I verified this by clicking "Y".

3) HOW do I know that I have done it correctly? How do I know I am on the right mission? I don't want to miss anything, nor do I wish to mess up the progress, unless I already did, somehow.

4) And how do I achieve the requirement for HK-55 (complete chapters 1 - 9) as a companion, as advertised on SWTOR website, if I have now started back at chapter 1? Unless it is Chapters 1 - 9 of "Knights of the Fallen Empire". But, SWTOR website does NOT say this. ALL the SWTOR website references is completing chapters 1 - 9. Hence, the website ONLY lists chapters 10 - latest by name. Why the confusion? How will I know I have completed chapters 1 - 9, and WHICH chapters 1 - 9 have to be completed?

I placed a ticket into the HELP in-game, they sent me to the forums. I place all this here, and people send me to the in-game help. I don't get it. WHERE is this information if not from SWTOR? Anyone? Or is this just a mystery that cannot be solved?

Well, I understand that, now that you stated it. So, when Prelude-KOTFE ended and it said GO to the Ship Mission Console, I did. There was ONLY the one mission. So, of course, I clicked on it. I assume this WAS the right thing to do. Edited by Splooshs

Well, I understand that, now that you stated it. So, when Prelude-KOTFE ended and it said GO to the Ship Mission Console, I did. There was ONLY the one mission. So, of course, I clicked on it. I assume this WAS the right thing to do.

Yes, that IS the right thing to do. It's confusing.... :/ I was stuck for the longest time on the "Prelude" part because I thought clicking the mission terminal automatically started Fallen Empire. I finally decided "What the hey, I'll start it! :D" and clicked on the terminal...oh hey, there's Chapter One: The Hunt. Accept Mission? Sure. [click] Oh, that completed the prelude...got it!

So once the prelude is done - literally all you do is click the mission terminal and accept the Fallen Empire mission - then click the purple "play" button (and wade through the warnings about your class quest) to start Fallen Empire proper.

Now, I assume - you said you were on Chapter Five, Shadow of Revan? - that you've completed all of Shadow of Revan, which ends after Yavin IV, and then Ziost ("Rise of the Emperor"). If you haven't, and this is your first time through the story, you'll really want to complete those first, as they give a ton of background information and basically set up the events of the entire Fallen Empire story.

Yes, I did Yavin, Ziost, etc. That was the hard part, knowing where I was in the storyline. Confusing, to say the least. Not to mention the message warning about proceeding could be bad. However, I have found, that indeed, I had finished the SOR story, and all companion quests, and thus chapter 5 was complete.

FINDING that information in-game, or in a ticket, or in a forum like this was near impossible. So, I am grateful for the input, the guidance and help here. Little-by-little, it seems to be coming together.

I particularly like the storyline, which is why this was important, to me.

Edited by Splooshs

• 6 months later...

Interesting. It seems they have broken everything else with the expansion.

I haven't been on in a while (last time was when Ziost was released, and I finished Ziost with my main toon) and just came back a little while ago. Started a new toon from the very beginning.

I now have that toon finished Ziost and I have the mission "Prelude: Knights of the Fallen Empire" telling me to use my Mission Console, but it's not clickable, and returns "Not eligible for this conversation" - like I said, broken!

I went back to my main toon, and lo-and-behold, there isn't even the quest "Prelude: KOTFE" - again, broken!

This brings me to believe that BW/EA intends you to already be caught up on all the expansions when a new one comes out, and that any new characters will be 'boosted' to start the new expansion, and who cares about a character that is 2 expansions behind.

Although, considering they have an entire event that excludes existing characters, they clearly don't care about long term players or subscribers.

Interesting. It seems they have broken everything else with the expansion.

I haven't been on in a while (last time was when Ziost was released, and I finished Ziost with my main toon) and just came back a little while ago. Started a new toon from the very beginning.

I now have that toon finished Ziost and I have the mission "Prelude: Knights of the Fallen Empire" telling me to use my Mission Console, but it's not clickable, and returns "Not eligible for this conversation" - like I said, broken!

I went back to my main toon, and lo-and-behold, there isn't even the quest "Prelude: KOTFE" - again, broken!

This brings me to believe that BW/EA intends you to already be caught up on all the expansions when a new one comes out, and that any new characters will be 'boosted' to start the new expansion, and who cares about a character that is 2 expansions behind.

Although, considering they have an entire event that excludes existing characters, they clearly don't care about long term players or subscribers.

It isn't broken. You're just looking in the wrong place. Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne chapters are now supposed to be started from the "chapters" drop-down menu at the top of the screen (...or wherever you move the menu bar). It just still says start the mission at the Mission Console, which is an error in the writing that needs to be updated, but it certainly isn't "broken."

I'm in the same boat as DarthPlecko.

So, there really is no "Prelude" content? It's just having the game grant you Ch 1 from the Chapters window?

Yes. It's been that way since before 5.0 was released, for context. (In that the "prelude" is literally just "click here and you're done," not actual content.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
prelude popped up for me but not the hunt? and now ive accidently abbandoned prelude how do i get it back

after reading all of the post. i found out how to start kotfe even if it was deleted. just at the top of the screen where setting and all the other stuff is you will see chapters . click on it and it will start u where u left off

Edited by Auzazel

It isn't broken. You're just looking in the wrong place. Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne chapters are now supposed to be started from the "chapters" drop-down menu at the top of the screen (...or wherever you move the menu bar). It just still says start the mission at the Mission Console, which is an error in the writing that needs to be updated, but it certainly isn't "broken."

THANKS A MILLION Jagaimee! Been going nuts trying to figure out why it keeps saying I am not eligible. :D:D

Yes. BioWare apparently can't decide how to give us main story mission content.

Class stories - Follow the chain from character creation, automatically get given Illum.

Makeb -> Ziost, use your ship console

KoTFE/KoTET, abandon the ship console, look for the big purple PLAY button.

I wish they'd make up their mind...

Today I experienced a new bug for me. After finishing all content and start KOTFE from chapters menu (console didin´t worked) i beat it in Veteran difficulty to chapter XII and now my ship console pops up Chapter I: The Hunt? I clicked on it, an now I have active Chapter XII and I at the same time and Chapter I eats my mission log space. It´s not big deal, but I hate things like that. Guess I will run it again in master mode, becuase I cannot abandon it and don´t want it active like I never did it before. Annoying problem...

Anyone with the same or similar problem?

EDIT: Accepting chapter I reseted some things connected with KOTFE and now for example, I cannot do any Star Fortress alerts ( Resistance quests) because there isn´t any Star Fortresses yet. I can accept the Resistance quest, but cannot scan shield bunker. No shield, no Star Fortress on the sky....But I have the quest :-D

Edited by HumanDeath