Corso Riggs = SO CREEPY

TiaNadiezja

So... playing through the Smuggler class story. I just picked the game back up after a few years away... pretty sure that when I was playing before (when I didn't even get through all of Chapter 1), I flirted with Corso... once? Maybe? Since picking the game back up, I've never flirted with him and have always flat-out turned down his advances.

Which keep coming. He keeps talking like we're in a relationship and it's a surprise to him when I turn him down.

Now I'm in Chapter 3, just finished Belsavis, and he gets on that kick again. This time, I turn him down (Corso Disapproves - duh), he rambles on about being in love with me. I turn him down AGAIN. "Nobody's ever going to love you like I love you," he says.

I think Bioware was trying to write a friend here, but frankly, he comes off as a "nice guy"-style stalker, and he creeps me the hell out.

I want him off my ship at this point. He doesn't make me feel like I have a friend around; he makes me feel like my smuggler's going to wake up one morning to find him laying in bed next to her.

Every romancable companion has one key conversation choice that "locks in" the romance. Usually this is permanent, although some companions give you an "break up" conversation option as well (usually at the end.) Corso's lock-in conversation is very early on after meeting him. It's the one where he approaches you drunk and tries to flirt. If you flirt back, it turns the romance flag ON and I don't think Corso has a break up option. :confused:

I think you are right in that Corso is supposed to be a "nice guy." I suspect he was never meant to come across as a stalker, and it's more an unfortunate game mechanics issue which turns his personality into something unintended if you don't see your character as being in a relationship with him.

We've been told that we will get the ability to break up with companions in KOTFE, but no one knows how this will work with Corso yet.

I really hope so, because honestly I want to space him at this point. And I'm playing my Smuggler pure Light Side.

You're not the first nor the last Smuggler to feel this way. ;) MANY would love to throw Corso out of the nearest air lock, think it's become somewhat of a running joke actually.

I personally enjoy ensuring he's at my side every single time my Smuggler meets a flirtable NPC and even for one nighters, just to piss him off.

On my male smuggler, he won't stop complaining that I'm killing a woman.

He grumbles about it even if the Smuggler is female, if memory serves me right.

Anyways, I never found Corso to be especially creepy, just very, very annoying. I was so relieved when I got the second companion (can't remember if it was Bowdaar or Risha, think it was Bowdaar but I played through the Smuggler story long ago, and memory ain't what it used to be :D), because it meant that I could get rid of Corso at once. Haven't played with him ever since apart from his companion missions.

I know it's unrelated, but the male companion I've found creepy so far is the Consular's Tharan Cedrax. Though I've managed to find some humor in his creepiness to amuse myself with.

Anyways, I never found Corso to be especially creepy, just very, very annoying. I was so relieved when I got the second companion (can't remember if it was Bowdaar or Risha, think it was Bowdaar but I played through the Smuggler story long ago, and memory ain't what it used to be :D), because it meant that I could get rid of Corso at once. Haven't played with him ever since apart from his companion missions.

I know it's unrelated, but the male companion I've found creepy so far is the Consular's Tharan Cedrax. Though I've managed to find some humor in his creepiness to amuse myself with.

It's bowdaar, though Risha is basically a companion by that point.

And Cedrax? Yeah, his dedication to a program and his reluctance to give that same program actual independence is rather creepy. I bet if he found a way to make a robot that looks and feels fleshy, he would of made a sex, ego stroking bot. Also, I heard unconfirmed rumors that he was a pacifist!

I absolutely avoided flirting with him from the beginning at all costs, and he's still super creepy! I completely agree that he seems like a "nice-guy stalker"... it's shocking how similar he is to those random creepers who hear you once in voice chat then start sending you flower Jawa-grams...

His default appearance is also just the worst , my buddy and I made a trooper smuggler duo a few nights ago and could not stop laughing at his dumb *** dreads. Guy looks like he thinks cannabis oil cures everything , I imagine he also smells.

I actually really like Corso. I mean, yeah, he's kind of a chauvinist butthole and wants way more out of their little arrangement than my female smuggler does, but I think it's really funny. Granted I only just started chapter 2, but finishing up his chapter 1 portion of his storyline and his cousin Rona was hilarious. Classic Corso thinking he has to show women how to live their lives. My smuggler and Corso feel like they're part of some kind of sci-fi sitcom.

I like Corso, he reminds me of myself back in the day (not just so...penetrant...).

While he annoyed me with his "We can't kill women, I don't care if they tried to kill us first!" thing on my male smuggler, I tried the romance with my fem smuggler.

I get why many people think he is a creepy stalker, because he is, kind of, but I think it got better with the time. (atleast if you romance him). Corso seems to be one of those companions you either hate or love.

I actually really enjoyed Corso. I found him to be charming and sweet, and the way I was playing my Smuggler, the two of them just worked together well as a couple. I get why others find him creepy though. His personality can be... much... for someone who doesn't like him.

Tharan Cedrax needs a fedora and an MLP rainbow dash backpack.

I suspect all of the companions can get creepy, stalkerish if you hit the wrong choice. That's the way I feel about Nadia. My consular never flirted with her, yet ended up in a deeply committed relationship according to her. Being a nice guy, he finished the relationship and married her, though he's rather afraid she'll whip out a baseball bat if he tries to leave.

I like Corso. Having the right customization helps though :p He reminds me of some of the rodeo riders I dated in college :D

Edited by Damask_Rose

Poor Corso. He gets no love. I guess think of him as Edward Cullen and that werewolf dude (never read the books, sorry) mixed with a bit of Pauly Shore, and add a smidge of Fire Marshal Bill.

Toss in a few Yeehaws and a cowboy hat and he's adorkable.

Yes, I'm biased! My smuggler had two kids with him AND a third has been created, just waiting for his daddy to return to make it official since right now he hasn't been conceived yet....

I put too much emphasis on RPing, I know I do. WHY AM I NOT ON AN RP SERVER??? Oh yes, because MY husband. :rolleyes:

But Corso is cute in a stalker-ish, growl at any man way.

I had a friend write a jealous Corso story. They're grabbing stuff off Dromund Kaas, cause her daddy is Quinn :p, and this other smuggler dude who's way WAY more sexier than him is hitting on her and just about getting butt naked in front of her while Corso is loading the ship up and snarling at this interloper and she goes on the ship after they're done, puts the two babies to bed with Corso, who's all sweet and cuddly to their daughters. My smuggler's getting ready for bed, and OUT POPS JEALOUS CORSO WHO RAVISHES THE DICKENS OUT OF HER LEAVING HER SQUEALING FOR MERCY.

Woooo, make your head blow off!!

I need to go reread it...:p

Edited by Eanelinea

Tharan Cedrax needs a fedora and an MLP rainbow dash backpack.

My female Consular has a son with Tharan (thank you legacy tree). And she's got another one waiting for him he comes back...along with Iresso. DON'T ASK BUT THEY'RE BOTH HER BABY DADDIES!! (she has two kids, two diff daddies)

Anyway, I love Tharan. Even if he is part of the man scaping chapter of 'is he straight, bi, or does anything' type. I mean his girlfriend is a hologram. *facepalm*

You're not the first nor the last Smuggler to feel this way. ;) MANY would love to throw Corso out of the nearest air lock, think it's become somewhat of a running joke actually.

I personally enjoy ensuring he's at my side every single time my Smuggler meets a flirtable NPC and even for one nighters, just to piss him off.

Haha, I thought I was the only one who did this :D but really, my smuggler loathes Corso, the only thing they agree on is their hate for the Empire, and she's LS/neutral(ish).

He's such a creepy, "nice guy" that thinks he's entitled to the smuggler attention, even going around saying how "she deserves better". My girl couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Edited by Maevena

On my female smuggler, he won't stop trying to jump my bone and keeps saying he loves me.

On my male smuggler, he won't stop complaining that I'm killing a woman.

No matter the character, I WANT HIM DEAD!

He's such a chauvinist pos, I wish my Smuggler could get rid of him forever. His bio is actually creepy too.

(I have this joke that she's relieved after losing him in KOtFE... she's finally free!)

His default appearance is also just the worst , my buddy and I made a trooper smuggler duo a few nights ago and could not stop laughing at his dumb *** dreads. Guy looks like he thinks cannabis oil cures everything , I imagine he also smells.

This gave me a good laugh, but I agree I really hate his default appearance I always change to one of the customizations when we first get him as a companion.

I started a romance on my smuggler but I never actually finished it and when KOTFE started she did the Koth romance (because I wanted to check it out). I'm thinking after reading this thread my next female Smuggler may do the whole romance and see how it goes fully (and then if I hate it dump him for Lana or Theron ;) )

I actually liked Corso. I should note that my Gunslinger on the Red Eclipse has taken zero flirt options and she just finished his quest with his cousin. So far, he hasn't hit on her again.

At least he doesn't kiss your character without her permission, at least as far as I remember. Felix Iresso kissed my first Consular when she'd only taken one flirt option with him and that was a bit odd IMO.