Guild Summit Day 2 NDA Lifted! Brand New 1.2 Info!

lollermittens

Proton hooves, you illiterate noob! Photons are with that other space game. Good lord, what is wrong with nerds and geeks these days?

What's wrong is that we're recycling a gag from Bloom County, which, thinking on it, stopped being printed before about half the people playing SWTOR were born. (Check Wikipedia.) Oh, gods, it went out of print 23 years ago. Almost a quarter-century. And I was already out of college and working full time as a programmer. (And, for that matter, was already churning out rants by the bucketload on CI$'s forums, and playing Kesmai.)

Now I'm even more depressed. Up the wrists, not across, that's how you do it.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong is that we're recycling a gag from Bloom County, which, thinking on it, stopped being printed before about half the people playing SWTOR were born. (Check Wikipedia.) Oh, gods, it went out of print 23 years ago. Almost a quarter-century. And I was already out of college and working full time as a programmer. (And, for that matter, was already churning out rants by the bucketload on CI$'s forums, and playing Kesmai.)

Now I'm even more depressed. Up the wrists, not across, that's how you do it.

Twenty-three years?

Oh god. Up the wrists, you say?

OK, one of us is crazy.

Or I'm having reading comprehension problems, myself.

Or both.

From what I can tell, you DON'T want to be level 50 with a race to unlock it. Having to be level 50 with a race is what upsets you.

This is precisely what you DON'T HAVE TO DO.

Unless I am utterly and totally misreading what seems to be very, very, straightforward, you need to be legacy level 8 with ANY character of ANY race, and then, you can unlock ANY OTHER RACE YOU WANT by shelling out the appropriate credits.

Please note:LEGACY LEVEL. LEG-UH-SEE LEVEL. Not character level.

If you want to unlock races without reaching a legacy level in the legacy system, sucks to be you, I admit. The whole point of having the system is to reward people who level alts by giving them more options. The whole point of the credits system is to NOT force people to level races/classes they hate to get a legacy option they want.

This strikes me as an eminently sensible design, though of course we'll know for sure only when it's implemented. It might suck giant sweaty donkey balls, but we'll burn that bridge when we're on it.

The sole acknowledge exception, so far, is unlocking legacy class powers, and it seems logical to me that if you want Sith powers, you ought to actually have a Sith somewhere in your family/clan/gang/whatever.

At this point, I'm going to have to put on my best Fry face and start pondering if I'm being trolled. If so.... good on ya, mate. You got me.

For the love of god, relax man. You're going to kill yourself!

What I don't like is getting the appropriate legacy level only to unlock the ability to buy something. The alternative to that is leveling a character race to 50 first, which I'm not really looking forward to but will do since I have to; I'm not rich enough to buy anything. I don't want to level a BH/IA to 50 (for Chiss), but I have to since I don't have any money. Understand?

So yes, what I thought at first was correct. I thought I was wrong when you jumped at me earlier, but it seems we were both on the same page in the first place.

For your own good, try not to... well, try so hard.

Edited by AkilZodiac

Ship Unlocks:

• Mailbox – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Repair Droid – Unlockable for 1 million credits, legacy level 8

• Operation Training Dummy – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Warzone Training Dummy – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10, valor rank required

• Black Market Trade Terminal – Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 35

NPC Vendor for in a ship is just a repair droid??? :confused:

Oh no.

In addition to his capable equipment repair functions, the repair astromech is an officially authorized reseller of exclusive new droid parts from the C2 droid corporations. These highly capable parts enable never before seen Crew Skill performance on any of the corporation's ship maintenance droids!

But wait, there is more.

He will also accept any kind of item for recycling! :)

I still have a doubt (sorry for being so ignorant ._.)

We all know that is not possible to create a Ruby Red Skinned Female Twi'lek on the Republic side (the "Lethan" version which is present on Empire side). Curious that it's possible to create Lethan Male Twi'lek on the Republic side tho. I don't understand why.

Whatever.

The question is:

I'm bringing a Red Lethan Sorcerer Twi'lek up to 50... When she will be 50, will I unlock the red Lethan skin for Twi'lek females on the Republic side aswell? (with the Sith tattoos aswell?)

I dunno, the game seems alright, but everything i see headed our way demands you make the game a high priority in your life you spend loads of time on if you ever want to see these 'features' and thats simply not realistic for me.

i cant blame the game designers, there is a crowd for that type of game out there. some people have 6-15 hours a day to play video games.

while i could say this and that, i know i would get blasted and told that people actually have time for full time life, taking care of themselves and their home, going out with friends and on dates, and all the while having 6 hours a day to play..

i mean we could do the math on how many hours are in a day, but why bother, we know the truth.

Since when do you need a speeder to PVP... The trip from the PVP terminal to the PVP items guys and the Class trainers is all of what.. 10ft? (if you "only" PVP)

you do realize there is world pvp on ilum right that has dailies that require you to move over a lot of terrain.

I find all the people complaining about having to pay or level for Legacy races amusing. This is a good thing.

1) Population of cross-class species will be down, which will appease strict RPers.

2) There is more incentive to earn money and level to 50.

3) You actually have to work for what you want.

Win/win/win, if you ask me.

Edited by Valin_Thren

Soo... I have 2 characters at 50, 4 characters at 40, and the rest are done with Chapter 1. My Legacy level is currently 30.

And I have never *EVER* seen more than about 400k on any character. And once you hit 50 and train, it all disappears, and money barely trickles in after that (at endgame) for those of us that don't really craft.

So, I'm intently interested in how the heck I'm supposed to come up with 5 million credits for some of this stuff?!

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Soo... I have 2 characters at 50, 4 characters at 40, and the rest are done with Chapter 1. My Legacy level is currently 30.

And I have never *EVER* seen more than about 400k on any character. And once you hit 50 and train, it all disappears, and money barely trickles in after that (at endgame) for those of us that don't really craft.

So, I'm intently interested in how the heck I'm supposed to come up with 5 million credits for some of this stuff?!

Try doing dailies. At first I was really intimidated, but after two or three days of grinding dailies on Ilum and Belsavis, I'm currently at about 1.1 million from 50k on my main.

Try doing dailies. At first I was really intimidated, but after two or three days of grinding dailies on Ilum and Belsavis, I'm currently at about 1.1 million from 50k on my main.

I've been able to get about 60k per day with all dailies (non-PvP). That would be 16 days of dailies to get 1 million credits. If I wanted to get 5 million credits just for ONE legacy reward, that would require 83 days of grinding dailies...

Now, in every other MMO I've ever played, I simply refused to do dailies because they always result in me becoming so bored I cancel my sub.

So, I'm in a bit of a quandary here, as you can see...

Well I know this game isn't wow and comparing it to a game that has been around for 8 years and many many updates is not right.. but still HOLY CRAP!!! I mean come on how long has bioware been working on this game.. do they not check out other MMO's and see what works for them and doesn't... I mean they got 8 years of history from wow to work with even.. they should have had all this crap figured out and ready to roll on launch day if they hoped to compete with other MMO's who are smooth running.

This is one of the worst Pay to Play MMO's ive ever played.. im ashamed of myself for buying this game at all.. Had they a trial of the game I wouldnt have bought it all.. If your thinking of buying this game.. DONT unless you just love star wars and are all about only questing and story.

The PVP and End game content is garbage.

Even casual gamers can easily hit the level cap in a month or less of gameplay.

This game promises alot but fails to deliver on anything but story...

They would need to do alot of revamping of this game with patch 1.2 for me to play it ever again... maybe I should wait about another 7 years and try it again ????

I've been able to get about 60k per day with all dailies (non-PvP). That would be 16 days of dailies to get 1 million credits. If I wanted to get 5 million credits just for ONE legacy reward, that would require 83 days of grinding dailies...

Now, in every other MMO I've ever played, I simply refused to do dailies because they always result in me becoming so bored I cancel my sub.

If you do the daylies on Belsavis and Ilum you get some 200k credits. So I guess you're doing something wrong.

Additionally, running hardmode flashpoints and operations yield additional income.

So with your daylies and the one or two hardmode flashpoints alone you should get some 250k per day... eg 20 days for 5 million.

With a little additional farming 500k per day is no problem. And if you farm extensively you can get 1 million credits a day... actually I can get 150-200k credits within an hour, so credits are totally easy to get.

But you are also gaining legacy as you do those dailys. You pay either money or reach it with legacy, not both they said if that makes you feel any better.

...wayyyy off. You get 200k per dailies currently on both planets including vendor trash. You also get a few 25k pieces (mod/enhance) that you can sell on the GTN. Thats 250k+ per day

plus...

After 5 days you can purchase a rakata piece that sells for at least 750k on my server. So lets do the math.

5 x 250k + 750k = 2,000,000 credits / 5 days = 400k per day

2,500,000 credits (white crystal) / 400,000 = 6.25 days

But since the rakata piece comes in increments of 5 days each, I'd recommend doing 10 days, and you have cash to spare.

10 days of all dailies = 4,000,000, just be smart/patient and don't sell your stuff for too cheap.

Edited by Ravaran

If you do the daylies on Belsavis and Ilum you get some 200k credits. So I guess you're doing something wrong.

Additionally, running hardmode flashpoints and operations yield additional income.

So with your daylies and the one or two hardmode flashpoints alone you should get some 250k per day... eg 20 days for 5 million.

With a little additional farming 500k per day is no problem. And if you farm extensively you can get 1 million credits a day... actually I can get 150-200k credits within an hour, so credits are totally easy to get.

200k? Yeah, I must be missing some dailies somewhere... All I've found are 5 dailies on Ilum at 10k each and 4 dailies on Belsavis at 7k each. So, I guess my 60k guesstimate was a bit low. It's actually 78k, but still nowhere near 200k. Are there others? Where?

But you are also gaining legacy as you do those dailys. You pay either money or reach it with legacy, not both they said if that makes you feel any better.

Oh, well hell, if it's not both, then that makes me feel a LOT better. I'm Legacy level 30 right now.

200k? Yeah, I must be missing some dailies somewhere... All I've found are 5 dailies on Ilum at 10k each and 4 dailies on Belsavis at 7k each. So, I guess my 60k guesstimate was a bit low. It's actually 78k, but still nowhere near 200k. Are there others? Where?

way more than 4 dailies on Belsavis. I'm guessing you're only at the first area, the second one you have to take one of those teleporters to which isn't exactly marked on the map. I don't have the exact coordinates but you want to head S/SW of the Domination Outpost. It's near where Invisible Threat quest is, look for an opening at the cliff walls. Sorry at work and can't give any more details, but here's a list of all the dailies (Empire)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=261530