Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow more than 1 companion to be used at a time.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Allow more than 1 companion to be used at a time.

HaltHammerzeit
10.22.2019 , 11:32 PM | #11
The only place I could possibly see this being a good thing (and even then I'm not sold on it) is for group content like Ops. Myself, I'd like to play through more Ops, but I don't have the time to join a guild and get a decent group together. Group Finder's not too bad for this but you can wait for ages and not actually get a group. Being able to take companions into them would allow me to play the content.

That said, this game is an MMO. You're supposed to play with others. If you want to do group content, find people to do it with. So many of the FPs these days have a story mode for you to play through with a companion and the OP droid, do we really want to do that for all the content?

The game isn't hard enough for general story missions to need anything more than 1 companion, having 2 or more would be overkill.

I would like to find something to do with companions though. I was collecting all of them and I have so many now and I only really use one on my main. Being able to have more than 3 crew skills and assign certain companions to them would be an interesting idea, although not without a large impact on the crafting economy.

I just had an idea. Maybe something similar to Auto Chess. It's a 1v1 setup, your companions versus someone else's, with your player character in there as well. Could be interesting. It could also devolve into every companion being a healer and nobody actually winning as well haha.

JEDIKATT
10.23.2019 , 05:28 AM | #12
This is a good thing make swtor like kotor 1 and 2 but i think having character switch key so we can play as the comps- would be fun
HIT THIS LINK TO GET GREAT STARTER ITEMS
http://www.swtor.com/r/LcYwCr
CAPITAL LETTERS needed to be used in game AND IN SWTOR SITE to communicate with this player

Guilty_Spark
10.23.2019 , 01:34 PM | #13
This idea is a no brainer and would be great for solo players who cant do any non story mode FPs.
"We have not surrendered, we do not concede the stars."- Jung Ma Survivors.