Looking for advice - TFB 16HM

Hi everyone !

As said in the title, i'm looking for advice for TFB 16HM. after the 1st phase (real world) we are sent into the void world, and here comes the trouble. We hit enrages when the last tentacle is somewhere between 20-40% hp.

Boss hp at that moment : 18%, so not an enrage due to pushing him.

mech we're doing : everyone gotta avoid the slam and jump out of platform. if you miss the jump, tentacle ONESHOT you. it's not like heavy damage or anything like 8HM where it deals about 50% of your hp, here, you die instantly.

When first tentacle is at 70% hp, one dps go tfor the irregularity that spawned. When it reach 25% hp, second dps move to kill the second irregularity. First dps will get to the 3rd, 2nd dps will then go back to tentacle to finish it and finish it before 4th irregularity starts shooting us.

Concerning our dps : we can clear EC & SNV HM(all bosses) without getting any enrages, so i think the dps is good enough for HM. Not that everyone pushes 10k+, but enough for HM (average being around 7k5 - 8k). What kills us is mechanics not done correctly, and we hit enrages when we have few dps killed too early in the fight.

This week i'll test "everyone stand on the platform and takes the slam into the face" to see if the damages are split between everyone. If not, then i'd like to know if you have any advice to make it run smoother and get that boss down please.

Thank you for reading this far, take care everyone, see you in game.

defensive cooldowns are your friend... take the slam with things that help against aoe force dmg... hunker down and ballistic shield + shield probe for slingers, aggro reduce for guardians, resilience for shadow, aggroreduce + force mend for sage... reactive shield for troopers.... idk about scoundrels with shield probe and pugnacy....

sentinels with guarded and with sabre ward + force cloak...

How is the first phase running?

Are you pushing both tentacles below 10% before killing or are you getting another phase by having mismatched tentacles?

Anyone dying in the second phase?

It sounds like you need around another 1/2 to a full minute more of fight time to kill the boss but the enrage is whats pulling you up short.

Whats your raid DPS currently at? (and whats the health for 16man TFB, been ages since I checked those values)

Assassins can shroud the slam and absorb part of it with force speed + phasing phantasm (currently in 8p NiM it takes about half health, HM shouldn't be worse even if it's 16...but who knows with this game). Snipers should be able to entrench + shield + related utilities and survive with little damage as well. Maras could save undying for that last tentacle in addition to force camo (if it works against it, I think it does but I haven't played mara there in ages).

You wrote you have a few dps dead early in the fight... how many are the "few"? I think this will be the main issue for you. If you have 2 dpses dead, then other 8 will not be able to magically pull out 2k dps more each to make up for the loss of the 2 dead dps, no matter if they cheese slams or not... especially since the remaining dpses still have to do the anomalies (which further takes away damage from tentacles). If you have 3-4 dpses dead, then that is what killed you for sure.

I know that in 16 HM you can afford a few deaths if the rest of the group has very high dps, but that would mean 1-2 dead dpses while the rest of them does about 9-10k - similar to 8 HM where you can maybe have one person die if it is late enough. Stress to your group that dead dps is a bad dps, as he does 0 damage, and it is better to jump from platform early and miss one or two attacks on tentacle than to stay there, getting the cast done, and being a millisecond too late to jump to safety.

Also do you have all healers stay at the home platform, or do you keep only one here and the others move with group and offdps the tentacle? You can get a few k dps from them - probably a bit less than one dps combined, but if you are very close on enrage timer, they can be what you need to push past it...

It is not easy to advise just on forum without seeing your try or without parse, but it seems your group is getting very close to kill, so keep at it! Sometimes you need multiple tries so everyone will understand what to do and exact timings so they will not get killed next time...

How is the first phase running?

Are you pushing both tentacles below 10% before killing or are you getting another phase by having mismatched tentacles?

Anyone dying in the second phase?

It sounds like you need around another 1/2 to a full minute more of fight time to kill the boss but the enrage is whats pulling you up short.

Whats your raid DPS currently at? (and whats the health for 16man TFB, been ages since I checked those values)

First phase perfectly done, no 4th set of tentacle. 2nd phase without any death means enrage a little before last tentacle dies, but we often get a death at some point and end up with the case of enage at 20-40% of last tentacle.

We had 1 tank 1 heal locked for TFB HM so we went for DF this week, we'll check next week for those values. Raid dps on DF 3rd boss was 90k, dps average was around 8k-8k2.

HM TFB (Final boss) has a very tight enrage on 16man, for most groups that dont pull top tier dps you can't have any dps dieing at all. Deaths are likely the biggest thing keeping you from clearing. Another thing, try only having 1 DPS get all the Irregularities, they should be able to do it, they just need to be quick, also you can skip the 4th irregularity spawn in each set of tentacles as it will despawn on its own after the tentacle dies and all the anomalies spawn. Edited by Terro_Fett

From what i see your dps is low. To make up for that i suggest that you incorporate some of the nim strats (to the ppl that can pull them off) to meet the check. One of these is to hav 2 of your healers stay at home to heal the tanks. The other 2 should be helping dps the tent and aoe heal anyone who is at low health from slams. Dps can also start eating slams with an appropriate dcd.

Sin - aoe dr utility plus force speed or shroud

Sorc - bubble yourself plus aoe dr utilitie plus cloud mind or unnatural pres with dr utility for lighting. For maddness unnatural pres dr plus cloud mind plus aoe dr.

Mara - aoe dr plus cloak of pain or force camo (be sure not to leave camo before the hit) or saber ward or undying rage

Jugg - threatening scream or saber ward plus endure pain

Op - stim boost plus aoe dr plus shield probe.

Sniper - entrench (with 60% dr utility) or evasion (while in cover) plus shield probe. Also make sure u take ballistic dampeners and cover dr utilities. Note there is a much more complex rotation that evolves sniper shield. Sniper shield can replace any of the other dr abilities on this list. In viru since the shield is longer it can be used for 2 slams.

Merc - aoe dr plus energy shield

Vanguard - aoe dr plus energy shield

The tank who is not holding the boss should also be dpsing the tent until spit happens. Another way to increase up time is to put a dot or an ability that doesnt damage right away right before jumping back through the portal to the tent.

Good thread

OP,

Do you have any scoundrels in your group? I usually run my scrapper and kill anomalies. Once an anomaly is dead, and right after a slam, it is a very good time to try stealth rezzes. You should be able to get 2 people at a time.

Anyway, your dps needs to stop dying to slams -- that should fix your enrage issue, imo. Tell them to stop being bad baddies :D

Edited by Rion_Starkiller