What I think of the LvsD event (yes anohter thread)

merovejec

Hi,

so im done, finished the event. It was long and painful since I didnt have much time to play and had to also level my toons in WoW for the upcoming expansion, since there is nothing to do in swtor for over a year.

Achievments

I didnt do this event cause I liked it, I wanted to get the achievment points (cause im sick in the head and want achievment point), thats all. I have to say I hated every moment of the event since it was a pain to do tactical flashpoints for example. Its unbelievable how many stupid players there are in the game now, it seemed tacticals had NiM mode ON! You could really see the trend of the players, the people had <2000 achievment points, so they were new in the game, they didnt know any rotation or mechanics, they ran around doing silly stuff, only using "cool abilities" like force push, ravage, death from above, no real rotation, it was terrible. Yes, many many times i completed the fps with 1-2 ppl and companions out, since it wasnt possible otherwise and fps were a good source of xp. PVP was same, ppl were stupid and there were several lowbie pvp premades enjoying the facerolling over newbies. PVP was also good for xp since the daily gave 145k xp. Overall it was a terrible experince, but its finnaly done!

So that is what i think of the event and the rewards we got! Never again! This event was again a clear sign of how Bioware doesnt care about the players. Having them level new toons (like they havent leveled tons already) and then just deleting them. Giving rewards, which were contents of previous packs are commonly available in game for silly prizes. All this just so they can present their statistics and say: hey look, starter worlds are full of players now, hey look people are doing KOTFE again. NO!! They are doing it to finish the event, not cause they enjoy it, they just want to have it done since there is really nothing else to do in the game for over a year. There is only 10 min content slowly added over a period of 12 months. Scaled old operations and fps...... I have to stop here cause it would be too long to read. GJ Bioware, you know how to lose players! Cant wait till my sub runs out!

A truly bizarre post, I mean unless you're hovering around the 55k mark for achieves, why on earth would you put yourself through it.. Fame? Glory? :eek:

Slowly working my way up. I miss 4015 points from Flashpoints and 2625 points for GSF, if i had those (they are not hard to get, but take time) i would be over 53k

I just like to see everything at 100% thats my sickness :)

Hi,

NO!! They are doing it to finish the event, not cause they enjoy it, they just want to have it done since there is really nothing else to do in the game for over a year. There is only 10 min content slowly added over a period of 12 months. Scaled old operations and fps...

Speak for yourself. How do you know who enjoys the game and who doesn't? I do for example. I love running through the story with a new toon from scratch.

And yes, for you, who admittedly spacebars through a story oriented expansion, there is really just 10 min content / month. That isn't the game's fault nor yours, this game is simply just not for you.

Cant wait till my sub runs out!

On that, we can agree on.

Edited by lilathrone

All this just so they can present their statistics and say: hey look, starter worlds are full of players now, hey look people are doing KOTFE again. NO!! They are doing it to finish the event, not cause they enjoy it, they just want to have it done since there is really nothing else to do in the game for over a year. !

I'm not even doing it for the LvD achievements - any I get will be incidental to what I am actually doing.

There is ZERO replayability in KotFE - so I'm leveling Alts while waiting for KotET.

Yeah, I'd like to get Champion and maybe even Eternal but the chances of me doing so are slim to none - as you mention getting the FPs done is a major chore because no one cares enough to know how to play their class properly, because KotFE doesn't require such skill and the LvD event is mainly for transient players who will move on to the new FOTM game once the event is finished.

It's a badly designed, and even worse implemented event.

All The Best

To OP:

The worst part about DvL in my eyes is not that it is basically a zero effort thing for BW (except for some achievements being added there is no real development required, everything was there before). It is to notice that it f***** works with people like you and me. ;)

I also definitely hate most of the things I am doing right now and feel pressured a lot, simply because I want that achievement.

Feels terrible to realize how flawed you are and how well gamification works on you. :(

this game is simply just not for you.

QUOTE]

What makes me sad and angry is the fact that the game was good, it was great, but they messed it up with this Cartel Market policy. Dont the people see it? They dont give us group content but they delay a patch just becuase their "awesome" Pack Opening Experience wasnt ready yet.

I'm not even doing it for the LvD achievements - any I get will be incidental to what I am actually doing.

There is ZERO replayability in KotFE - so I'm leveling Alts while waiting for KotET.

Yeah, I'd like to get Champion and maybe even Eternal but the chances of me doing so are slim to none - as you mention getting the FPs done is a major chore because no one cares enough to know how to play their class properly, because KotFE doesn't require such skill and the LvD event is mainly for transient players who will move on to the new FOTM game once the event is finished.

It's a badly designed, and even worse implemented event.

All The Best

Thank you for supporting the subject.

To OP:

The worst part about DvL in my eyes is not that it is basically a zero effort thing for BW (except for some achievements being added there is no real development required, everything was there before). It is to notice that it f***** works with people like you and me. ;)

I also definitely hate most of the things I am doing right now and feel pressured a lot, simply because I want that achievement.

Feels terrible to realize how flawed you are and how well gamification works on you. :(

OMG im not alone xD

Yeah my exguildies said its the Stockholm Syndrome :D We hate the game so much that we keep on playing it.

I just have to defeat the 50 droids during the next Gree event and I'll be at 100%. It's been a long haul, but enjoyable. Playing through content ( certain SM and HM FPs that never seem to pop anymore ) I've not experienced for a long time made it worth the effort.

Was able to get a few decos, rare weapons, and a Revan Reborn armor set.

My guild did this event as a group, which made it that much more enjoyable.

What makes me sad and angry is the fact that the game was good, it was great, but they messed it up with this Cartel Market policy. Dont the people see it? They dont give us group content but they delay a patch just becuase their "awesome" Pack Opening Experience wasnt ready yet.

I think the game is better than ever. I can't say I like everything since 4.0, because it's clearly not the case, but overall I'm having the best experience now by far.

Mainly because I play for story. I was a big Kotor fan back then, played Kotor 1-2 a thousand times and the closest in quality in all ToR content is KOTFE in my opinion.

But even if I play old story content (still have 4 class stories to go btw), now it's a lot better, because I'm not sidetracked by those filler meaningless side quests, I can play with my own pace and my level keeps up with the planets even if I only do my class story missions with occasionally 1-2 heroics or fp-s.

So when you're saying the game was good, or even great, what do you mean by that?

I have only 2 concerns:

1. tactical fps are messed up badly, they are lazy work to get that off the todo list, there are many threads complaining about tacticals and I agree with them. Old story mode fp-s were a lot better without a doubt.

2. Solo part of the game became waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy. Also, many threads on this.

But overall post 4.0 game state is still the best by far.

I think the game is better than ever. I can't say I like everything since 4.0, because it's clearly not the case, but overall I'm having the best experience now by far.

Dont forget this is a MMO, the big M stands for multiplayer. You say you enjoy single player and story content, well thats nice, but just think about it a little. You are paying 12,- euro per month for single player and story. We didnt have proper new content for over a year, which means a wasted 144,- euro, how many KOTOR type games for story would you be able to buy for that?

We are not getting what we are supposed to get from the game, keep that in mind. Yes, the game got totaly easy and its not even a challange to go somewhere naked cause of bolster and lvl sync, gear is a illusion and you can get TOP gear from medium hard content, its all not right. Bioware did mess up the fps system, now story in the flashpoints is messed up, you can get a pop for Rishi fps, which is way off storywise at lvl 17! Balancing is bad also and the scaling of bosses isnt working in some cases.

All this shows how little money goes into development and maintanance, its all going into Cartel Market stuff, neglecting proper MMO content. That is whats bad about the game, no group content.

I just have to defeat the 50 droids during the next Gree event and I'll be at 100%. It's been a long haul, but enjoyable. Playing through content ( certain SM and HM FPs that never seem to pop anymore ) I've not experienced for a long time made it worth the effort.

Was able to get a few decos, rare weapons, and a Revan Reborn armor set.

My guild did this event as a group, which made it that much more enjoyable.

Im glad that you enjoy the game and that you have a guild. I dont, i have been moving from one raiding guild to another as they all have slowly died off. People left and i have none of my friends remaining in the game since there is nothing to do, but to play dress up. The last guild i was in the GM kicked everyone since he turned preffered and the game would pass on the GM to someone else and he didnt want that. That is a very nice end to one of the best raiding guilds in the game. Good work Bioware, good work.

This event was again a clear sign of how Bioware doesnt care about the players. Having them level new toons (like they havent leveled tons already) and then just deleting them.

That was also my first impression and it caused quite a lot of hate toward the event before it went live but in the end I took it as it was meant to be: a "speed run" through (almost) everything the game has to offer. So everyone had to be on the same foot and it did make sense not to make the objectives retroactive, it would have defeated the purpose of the event.

In the end I had a blast and felt I had accomplished something when I completed the last achievement needed for Legendary.

Edited by demotivator

Cant wait till my sub runs out!

No need to wait. Just transfer your sour grapes attitude over to the WoW forums. Nothing requires you to continue to post in a forum for a game you do not like and will lapse your sub on.

What personal gratification are you gaining by continuing to create threads about how unhappy you are with SWTOR. It's not like there is some achievement reward for doing so.

To OP:

The worst part about DvL in my eyes is not that it is basically a zero effort thing for BW (except for some achievements being added there is no real development required, everything was there before)

Even if there was no real work for them there still were numerous bugs connected to this "event"

No need to wait. Just transfer your sour grapes attitude over to the WoW forums. Nothing requires you to continue to post in a forum for a game you do not like and will lapse your sub on.

What personal gratification are you gaining by continuing to create threads about how unhappy you are with SWTOR. It's not like there is some achievement reward for doing so.

Nah, complaining always gets people moving and might change some things :)

I am doing the event now, just for the companion, but it turns out I like my new trooper more than my old one. That might be because my Trooper was like the 6th to 50 on my server, so the character has changed a lot and is more fun for me to play now than back then.

I also have never leveled a Bounty Hunter, so that's convenient. I most left BH until last because I played that class in the beta. So the event kind of works out for me, but I have left my consular behind and she's the one I was advancing through the story with, so that kind of sucks.

IThe last guild i was in the GM kicked everyone since he turned preffered and the game would pass on the GM to someone else and he didnt want that. That is a very nice end to one of the best raiding guilds in the game. Good work Bioware, good work.

So, in lieu of selecting a new lead, and saving the guild, your last GM thought it was appropriate to simply disband? All because he didn't want anyone else in charge? Sorry, but that's actually rather insulting. He/she indirectly told their member base that none of them were able to take their place. - what a jerk.

I have no idea what server you're on, but mine ( Harbinger ) is really active. We have well over 900 members in our guild and during the evening PST there can be anywhere from 60 to 100 of them logged in. - No I'm not in BBB, but they are equally active and a great guild.

Edited by -PassingStar-

Nah, complaining always gets people moving and might change some things :)

You still have not answered my question... what personal gratification are you gaining by continuing to create and prosecute complaint threads while waiting for your sub to lapse?

Only thing that I felt bad about it was that it didn't complete at the time it was supposed to from the previous achievement, IE: when i completed Eternal like 8 days earlier, and it took the new time cause the HM FP ach was bugged

You still have not answered my question... what personal gratification are you gaining by continuing to create and prosecute complaint threads while waiting for your sub to lapse?

I can't answer for him but in my case forum pvp is the best experience that subscription can provide. Which imo is pretty sad.

When it was first announced I was also one of the ones who just did O.O WHY????!!!! I'm a Founder, and while I've not played continuously since open beta, I have played for years, and I had already done most of the things on the DvL list.

However... once I started from scratch again on a new server (with my Legacy unlocks intact thanks to a free transfer), I found it very enjoyable. Meeting new people to come together to accomplish a common goal is fun.

BUT... and this is a big butt... some HM flashpoints are a bear, especially when the group finder allows people to queue below 65 and below the recommended gear rating. I've finished everything except HM Blood Hunt and HM Depths of Manaan (I shall not even mention the "Missing Details Data" bug that was recently introduced that prevents people from completing it at all), and honestly, trying to get these two done as the system stands currently is not fun at all.

I am bored at work so i spend time on the forums replying to people and making threads, out of boredom.