The Empire is for Kids!

Shortwave

No it isn't, or not any more so than the Republic. Where does the idea that younger gamers are more likely to play the perceived bad guys come from? Younger people, like their older counterparts, are varied. For every youngin' who wants to play a mean ax swinging monster for the supposed mischievous faction, there is one, okay or maybe .8, who desires to play the evil-slaying knight in shining armor for the Disney faction... Night Elf Hunters, Ret Pallys with Dragonball Z hair anyone? The so-called light factions are often bursting at the seams with younger players too. Besides, so what if they are, half the time the youngsters 'round 15 act more mature than people their parent's age. Half you guys running around these forms trollin' probably got a mortgage bill sitting on your desk. ;-) Also, often times, in my experience at least, the better [technical] gamers often end up on the "bad guy" faction.

I'm 29, with a wife and a son - I played Allies (the real bad guys anyway) through most of my WoW stint. Truth be told, if I got into WoW lore like that, I would have probably logged more time on Horde. Either way, I tried Republic here, and with an open mind too. But I just didn't like 'em. I read some lore, and came across the Jedi Code and the Sith code. I agreed more with the latter... so meh, I'll play Empire. Maybe some of the so-called 99%'ers should learn from this fiction, this art, and ask themselves what the following words mean for their struggle to escape the reality of this neo-serfdom so many of us experience:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me.