Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hearts and Minds - Weird perception of "good" or "bad" performance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Hearts and Minds - Weird perception of "good" or "bad" performance

force_fortytwo
06.07.2019 , 01:59 PM | #1
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else is also a bit perplexed about how the game values the dialogue choices made in this little quest.

I'm talking about the pubside version,

Spoiler
The CELAERIS Legacy on Tulak Hord
Nithaam / Danira Jade / Ezrayele -Kesara / Shome'a - Luzanna / Sarcasma - Soldateska - Yadavena / Kløtus - Rjandric / Eladriel - Devasta / Zayeera / Euphagus - Clandestina / Anthenisa -

OlBuzzard
06.07.2019 , 02:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by force_fortytwo View Post
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else is also a bit perplexed about how the game values the dialogue choices made in this little quest.

I'm talking about the pubside version,

Spoiler
Here is how I best describe the entire interview.

Spoiler
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

MikeCobalt
06.07.2019 , 05:46 PM | #3
I also thought the interviews are *Weird, totally Unexpected coming from SWTOR but not Bad either. My JK seemed good with it he always has plenty of "Righteous Rhetoric" for every occasion but for my Main the Gunslinger I kept thinking of Han Solo, Malcom Reynolds or any other similar figure what they would think ( Evel Knievel had quite a profound reaction to being *Interviewed ).

The Sith Interview was very different however and brought back the issue of "How would we reintegrate our characters back into the factions" The interview itself (Sith/ Imperial) was ok but the *Wording brought up an issue of "Them giving Orders and Us Taking those orders". Going back as an Equal Partner or returning as a pleab lackey. The wording from Darth Krovos implied slightly less but on her terms while the wording from Malgus was a definite "You order I follow" one of the responses to Malgus after his statements was/ is "Understood". Bey’wan Aygo used that response After you tell him your finished with his crates. It's all in the wording, Symantics, equal and working together or responding to orders.

I do see how our responses here could be used to determine an honest answer to how the players want to return to a 2 faction scheme; honest, everybody will do this and also part of a short story.

OldVengeance
06.11.2019 , 09:41 PM | #4
I'm guessing that there are only two possible outcomes for how the Republic interview is taken by people?

HollyUSEC
06.12.2019 , 11:49 AM | #5
Like you said, it's a propaganda speech. Which fits because your job as a "loyalist" is to improve Republic morale. Any answers other than "REPUBLIC ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!" does not fit with that agenda. Even when the reporter acknowledges how the Republic was not as good to you during the war with Zakuul, as the Empire was, you're expected to be 100% republic in your heart and mind-- or, if not, you're expected to SAY so anyway, to make the everyday-people watching the broadcast, to feel proud and patriotic.

The Imperial speech for Imperial loyalists has a tad more flexibility,

Spoiler

Like the character of "The Girl" in the movie Season of the Witch says: "We believe what we want to believe."
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

MikeCobalt
06.12.2019 , 12:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HollyUSEC View Post
Like you said, it's a propaganda speech. Which fits because your job as a "loyalist" is to improve Republic morale. Any answers other than "REPUBLIC ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!" does not fit with that agenda. Even when the reporter acknowledges how the Republic was not as good to you during the war with Zakuul, as the Empire was, you're expected to be 100% republic in your heart and mind-- or, if not, you're expected to SAY so anyway, to make the everyday-people watching the broadcast, to feel proud and patriotic.

The Imperial speech for Imperial loyalists has a tad more flexibility,

Spoiler

Like the character of "The Girl" in the movie Season of the Witch says: "We believe what we want to believe."
Oh H**l I just thought of something, everybody here was worried about "How", we would be reintegrated back into the two factions, Hero's considering what we've done at Zakuul, or Starting over from the bottom. From this it looks like we're coming back as a "Campy T.V. sales pitch person", a TV commercial.

SaveTheMonkeys
07.15.2019 , 05:08 AM | #8
I was quite pleased to get a negative response from both, because F*** those guys.

MikeCobalt
07.15.2019 , 08:00 PM | #9
My Gunslinger didn't get the "Good Response". First off he and Jonas did Not meet well after Jonas's smart a** personality then later on during the interview I'm thinking "What would a "Star Wars" Smuggler think about the media and a million "Too close to home" questions. That last remarks they asked about his answer was "Nope".
Hahahaha, Walking out Jonas says "That coulda been better, from now on let me handle the press". I walked out thinking "Good, I didn't want to do this anyway and you really pissed me off so have fun".