Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vígo's Guide to Vanguard Tanking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Vígo's Guide to Vanguard Tanking

Talon_Starfire
01.27.2013 , 04:43 PM | #41
Is this good the point of Heavy Stock over armour is to trigger High Impact Bolt?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Darth_Vandal
01.28.2013 , 02:55 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheeseblaster View Post
Nice guide, well laid and easy to understand. Wish this had been posted back when I started my Vangaurd.

The question I have for you, and all Tanks in general. Grabbing aggro when you're in a HM or OP which requires CCing some of the tougher elements of the fight. In that situation you can't use AOE taunts or Mortar Volley without breaking CC.

What's the best rotation to use in that situation? I rely heavily on single target taunts, and storm. It's a heckuva lot of work that way but hey, that's our job...
Our AOE taunt doesnt break CCs. So you can feel free to use the AOE taunt near CCd mobs. I do it all the time. Shoot ive accidently tab targeted a CCd target and threw a taunt on them, still didnt break the CC.
Hidago
The Hulk Legacy
Lvl 55 Vangaurd
<Exiles>

Talon_Starfire
01.28.2013 , 02:33 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Raczo_liga View Post
Since I have this set up on my Guild's website and don't want to reformat it for here, check this link - For anyone who wants to know the in's and out's of tanking with Vanguard for PvE - Flashpoints, Heroics, Operations, etc.

http://zenswtor.enjin.com/forum/m/28...nguard-edition

SPECIAL NOTE: Please be considerate of others when posting a reply to this thread. Also, if you are going to post something here, It is best if you fully read the tanking guide BEFORE posting anything. Thanks!
Is this a good tanking spec I went with harpoon instead of the reduction in damage?
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

slafko
01.28.2013 , 03:43 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by _gideon View Post
I use sticky grenade. When I'm in FPs and there's some weak mob the DPS are ignoring it's a great little CC.
Yeah, it comes in really handy. Even more so if that mob was annoynig your healer. That's 6 seconds of keeping your healer at ease.

Talon_Starfire
01.28.2013 , 06:43 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Raczo_liga View Post
Since I have this set up on my Guild's website and don't want to reformat it for here, check this link - For anyone who wants to know the in's and out's of tanking with Vanguard for PvE - Flashpoints, Heroics, Operations, etc.

http://zenswtor.enjin.com/forum/m/28...nguard-edition

SPECIAL NOTE: Please be considerate of others when posting a reply to this thread. Also, if you are going to post something here, It is best if you fully read the tanking guide BEFORE posting anything. Thanks!
Why avoid using Explosive Round?
Thanks
Looking for Sith guild.

ZeroPlus
01.29.2013 , 04:54 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Why avoid using Explosive Round?
Thanks
It is not so much that you "avoid" using it, it is more that you don't use it "regurlarly".

It is more situational, and not something you use *all* the time.

For example: You opened up with "Mortar Volley" on a pack to pick them all up. That pack is now almost dead and you see that there is another pack near to you but "Mortar Volley" is still on cooldown. If you have the ammo for it, go ahead and use Explosive Round. The "splash damage" should be enough to bring them all to you (at least initially).
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!