(PVE) What spec are you using?

So after the nerfs to PowerTechs in 2.0, which spec have you been using for dps?

I've seen quite a few specs thrown out there:

2 / 22 / 22

8 / 22 / 16

5 / 5 / 36

3 / 7 / 36

8 / 36 / 2

3 / 18 / 25

So, which spec are you using? and why do you think it's the best spec to use for dps?

Personally, I've ben using 8 / 22/ 16, seeing OK-ish numbers, but still pretty disappointing.

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

I'm using 10/36/0 for PvE. PvP is the same except for having swapped out Advanced Tools for Stabilized Armor as I mostly solo Q and can't rely on heals to back me up. I don't have the best gear at 55 but I consistently pull aggro from the tank in a lot of the FP's I've run so far. I don't use meters or anything but I love the feel of the class and think it performs exceptionally well.

True, in PvP there are some really stupid abilities out there doing crazy burst but I tend to hold my own and find myself at or near the top of the damage, protection (taunts), and obejectives. It could only get better once I have better gear.

8/22/16 in PvE, and full pyro in pvp. While pve is good for my dps the pvp is other thing. Hybrid/AP is good dps but it still sucks completely in pvp and I still do something of the dps while pyro ind pvp :)

And also, leveling my sniper for pvp, Pt is just useless there for now =/

Edited by Golden_Archer

I've been using an 8/10/28 spec on my PT. I tried a full AP and full Pyro as well as the 8/22/16 and found that I didn't much like the rotations and DPS felt relatively low compared to 8/10/28. Did a few ~5min parses with 4 different specs and still ended up parsing the highest with 8/10/28, topping the others by around 150-200dps.

Could just be that I need to get a bunch more gear and min/max a bit differently, or could be the fact that I'm just damned lazy and don't like having any extra DoTs/cooldowns to work into my rotation and keep an eye on.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to drag my PT into some raids soon and start working on Arkanian/UW gearing and see where it goes.

I'm using 8/36/2 for PVE. Still pulling off my tanks if they aren't guarding me, so the DPS seems to be ok. Used to be full pyro, but switched for better heat management and so far am really liking it. Currently sitting in Campaign / DG with a couple pieces of Black Market / Arkanian so we shall see how it all turns out once I get fully geared up. It does seem like the stat distribution is a bit different between the 2 specs so that is going to further complicate things I think (auto-crit RS for example).

8/36/2 is what I've been running in ops. The AOE in this spec is legit, and single target stuff is decent. Heat management is great in this spec also. My current gear is definitely sub-optimal but running S&V last night I did well.

Keep that bleed up at all times, immolate off cd, rocket punch before railshot, flameburst is your filler to get up x3 stacks for your proto flamethrower.

If heat ever seems to be creeping up on you, weave in a gcd of rapid shots if you must. AP makes shoulder cannon a fun and useful filler in between gcds for nice single target burst. If you pre-x3 your proto flamethrower before mobs with flame sweep (x3) they go down in a hurry, especially if you stack a death from above right after it. Sick deeps.

I'm still mostly running almost pyro in pvp, but an AP build might have some strength there also if played correctly.

Seacrest out.

Edited by Rootgurr